Sponsored by:

Missing C7 GS body parts from factory

Old 06-11-2019, 07:34 AM
trumanjd1
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Typical ....

Originally Posted by RMS73 View Post
I believe those parts are shipped separately to the dealer for them to install.
YEP..same thing happened to me...so much for dealers having "corvette expert" on hand for deliveries...lack of proper training by dealership for it's employees, and NO communication by Chevrolet to it's dealerships when delivering these "specialty cars" My parts were shipped and delivered to dealership before my vehicle was....too bad Chevrolet and GM cant get their act together!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:41 AM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 554 Likes on 379 Posts

Seen it happen before, go to your dealership and find the big boxes with your cars VIN number on it, the parts are not shipped with the cars anymore, and the parts are usually there before the car shows up. Your car is beautiful.

Last edited by hcvone; 06-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:01 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,954 Likes on 2,162 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
Seems to be happening often at smaller volume dealers. The parts are shipped to the parts department separate from the car and will be linked via the VIN. Personally I like the look w/o the skirts like the 2015-2016 base aero cars. I would install the front lip, but leave the rockers off. Those have to be drilled to go on and once you drill you can't take them off as the surface is visible with them off so you'd see the holes.
Hmm, I'd just the opposite! No need for the "cheap looking" poverty splitter BUT I would not drive a C7 without side skirts!

"Form Follows Function," so my experience with my 2014 Z51 is it had marked GM plastic "protection" on the rockers within a few weeks from rocks, and made my decision to add them. I had installed GM Splash Guards from day one but little help in the front, rears were fine. Just look at where GM put their "plastic wrap" they knew the problem!

Was able to remove the GM plastic after a few months when I saw no more marking. It was colored on the edges by then anyway. Sold the car after 3 1/2 years and the rockers looked new. Ordered my Grand Sport with the $2995 Stage 2 Aero option to get full length carbon fiber side skirts.

OP's car looks great- nice color!

MY 2014 Z51. ONCE YOU START ADDING VISIBLE CF "STUFF," HARD TO STOP!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-11-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:00 AM
vetteLT193
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21 View Post
Get the side skirts on ASAP. The tires on the GS will throw rocks like crazy at the sides of your car - without the side skirts on, you are going to destroy the sides of your car.
This times 1000. And really upgrade to the full length ones. My dad had the standard version and his rear brake vent was all chipped up after a few hundred miles on good flat, clean, roads.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM
TPAJETSKI
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by beaversstonehaven View Post
Very nice car. I actually like the look without.
Agreed on both counts.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vetteLT193 View Post
This times 1000. And really upgrade to the full length ones. My dad had the standard version and his rear brake vent was all chipped up after a few hundred miles on good flat, clean, roads.

Ordered the Stage 2 Aero Option when I bought my Grans Sport to get full length skirts. Not a mark on my rocker panels OR the rear brake ducts in 2 years. In fact, removed the, discolored on edges, GM plastic near the brake ducts about a year ago.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 AM
Grand Slam
CF Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by vettefred View Post
I installed the ASC composite rock guards on the front. The come in Carbon Flash, Carbon fiber or black crinkle. Go to ASCcomposite.com to check out. They go on easily and look great. JMHO.

VetteFred
ACS splash guards are wider and deeper than GM and will protect the front edge of the side skirts.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 AM
HorsePower Junkie
CF Senior Member

Received 262 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by beaversstonehaven View Post
I actually like the look without.
This is the first I've seen a GS or Z06 without side skirts.

I really, really like that look!

Without the 3/4 skirts, which aren't all that good looking anyway, the flare of the fenders, both the front and the rears, look much more flared, much fatter, much more aggressive!!

I like it!

I would only have the dealer install the front spoiler they owe you, but not the side skirts.

Expel will take care of pebbles marking the brake ducts or rocker panels, and leave those beautiful body lines of those fatter looking fenders!

Last edited by HorsePower Junkie; 06-12-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member

Received 2,368 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTeem View Post
As usual, the people on this forum know their business. The parts were indeed in a box at the dealer waiting for installation at delivery. They missed them. I also agree that the car looks really good without the side rocker panels, but I believe the advice on installation saving the doors and rocker panels given the larger tires and wheels is the way to go. Love the look without them but Iím guessing that the admiration would fade with a bunch of paint chips.
Absolutely.....and I also suggest you get the GM extended splash guards. Those tires are really sticky, and they will throw rocks everywhere. Congratulations on the GS, it's a beauty for sure. Enjoy
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Avanti
CF Senior Member

Received 729 Likes on 525 Posts

Simple, you bought and paid for them. Go make them find your parts and install them... if they know which end of a pair of pliers to hold onto. Maybe have your attorney give them a call if they have any problems doing so... tends to work for me.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 PM
bjones7131
CF Senior Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Had a buddy pick his GS up W/O said parts and I told him they came standard dealer install. He returned to dealer and go a little huffy with them and they gave him a 750.00 GM gift card to be used for GM stuff only plus they found and installed his parts.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:44 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

^^^
Not surprising as the parts are sent to the parts department before the car gets there. The parts department gets parts from GM all the time . Many posts where the dealer didn't know or understand that is what happens. If they sell few Vettes can understand the confusion. The parts department person who unloads the shipment may just put them on the shelf. Lots of parts coming for many cars trucks, every day. They do have the car VIN on the package or paperwork.

Since I had my Kerbeck purchased Grand Sport courtesy delivered to a small dealer 30 miles from home I had never visited, I mentioned it to the parts department when I went to bring my lifting pads (and check out the tech.)

Fortunately the relatively young service manager's wife has a C7! He is a great guy as is their 1 C7 Certified Tech. In fact, when the car arrived I got a call from the service manager and he let me in the service bay while drilling to install my side skirts and splitter! Took pics.

Last edited by JerryU; 06-13-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Missing C7 GS body parts from factory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: