Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard to believe a $51,000 new convertible

Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
CF Senior Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Hard to believe a $51,000 new convertible

Not sure if the prices can dip much further but you can get into a 2019 Convertible for $51,000......and a coupe for $48,000------You can have 3 New Vettes in your stable rather then a fully loaded ZR1 Convertible... I know unfair comparison but you would be the only one on your Block with 3 New Corvettes in your driveway....Wow wrecking the used Corvette Market.....H
Old 06-11-2019, 08:14 PM
SilverGhost
CF Senior Member

Received 326 Likes on 196 Posts

Probably the same words spoken in 1967 as the last c2's rolled off the line. But then 20 smart vette buyers said "make mine an L88," and that has made all the difference in the world....

The KING

Last edited by SilverGhost; 06-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK View Post
Not sure if the prices can dip much further but you can get into a 2019 Convertible for $51,000......and a coupe for $48,000------You can have 3 New Vettes in your stable rather then a fully loaded ZR1 Convertible... I know unfair comparison but you would be the only one on your Block with 3 New Corvettes in your driveway....Wow wrecking the used Corvette Market.....H
Since they're likely 1LTs, what's it matter? Besides, many Chevrolet dealers are blowing out all the C7s they can get their hands on in order to ENSURE great C8 allocations.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM
2003pilot
CF Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where do you find the verts for $51k? Most of the larger dealers have very few convertibles right now at least with an M7 trans which would be most likely to hit $51k
Old 06-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,383 Likes on 3,787 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If you can find a new vert for that price and the 1LT package is what you want, go for it. It is still a great car and one heck of a price.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 PM
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 615 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17

Yup, Bomnin is at it again. You're correct that there is a new, 2019 vert for $51K with an A8. However, there's the Bomnin fine print. The price is only good if you pay an $895 doc fee AND, you must qualify for all the incentives AND you must finance through their specific finance company at their rate. I don't know all of the incentives, but I know you have to own a C5 or newer Corvette within the last 90 days. In addition you must finance an amount specified by the loan company (sorry I don't know what that number is). And you must buy the one car they have in stock. Chances are most folks don't meet all the incentive requirements.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 AM
phalse
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56 View Post
Yup, Bomnin is at it again. You're correct that there is a new, 2019 vert for $51K with an A8. However, there's the Bomnin fine print. The price is only good if you pay an $895 doc fee AND, you must qualify for all the incentives AND you must finance through their specific finance company at their rate. I don't know all of the incentives, but I know you have to own a C5 or newer Corvette within the last 90 days. In addition you must finance an amount specified by the loan company (sorry I don't know what that number is). And you must buy the one car they have in stock. Chances are most folks don't meet all the incentive requirements.
soooo.. in other words, to hell with all that? some of these dealers are called 'stealerships' for a reason, i tell ya. more things change, more they stay the same..
vettefordays (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 02:43 AM
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

it gets worse, my friends own stores that compete against the store you speak of,

And the store you speak of puts addendum stickers on the windows for 3 and 4 grand or more... then the truecar price the dealer you speak of posts, excludes the addendum sticker, so then customers from west palm beach, drive all the way to Miami for a 4 grand better deal, and then find out that they have to pay the addendum sticker, or else the dealer won't do the deal.

Truecar allows dealers to not disclose addendum stickers, so the dealers are all starting to put addendum stickers on their cars, to then lower their truecar price to a negative 4 grand deal behind dealer invoice/holdback. So truecar is then perpetuating false pricing.

Its all nonsense, and it puts the good dealers in a horrible position, as the customers think there is 4 grand profit being made, when they are selling a car below invoice. Its ruining the marketplace.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-12-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Bradysdad
CF Senior Member

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Two words.....Mike Furman !!
The following 8 users liked this post by Bradysdad:
bbbvettes.com (06-12-2019), Corvette ED (06-12-2019), JK 23112 (06-12-2019), Maxie2U (06-13-2019), Mike1320 (06-12-2019), Null Pointer (06-12-2019), speedlink (06-12-2019), vettefordays (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:00 AM
JDSC7VETTE
CF Senior Member

Received 216 Likes on 109 Posts

These prices sound great but honestly they aren’t much better than what I paid when I ordered mine last August. What makes them so good is the 3 thousand dollar loyalty from Chevy.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:45 AM
JK 23112
CF Senior Member

Received 433 Likes on 313 Posts

That 3k loyalty rebate from GM is what sealed the deal for my girlfriend to purchase a new 2019 Stingray 1LT coupe from Mike Furman @ Criswell. It is a buyer's market right now because of a glut of 2019 cars. The factory in Bowling Green will shut down soon - probably at the end of July or beginning of August. There will be a period where they have to re-tool & upgrade the plant to produce the new 2020 C8. My guess is that they wanted to make sure they did not run out of C7s........and, as someone mentioned earlier, the dealers want to have their highest allocation possible for the upcoming C8.

Even though the C8 will make the C7 seem "dated" in comparison, getting a new Corvette for the a bit more than the price of a loaded Mustang GT is a very nice situation in which to find oneself.

Have one built for you!! (FWIW, having 'his and hers' Corvettes is very cool. Mine is a 2017 2LT 7M in Torch Red & hers is a 2019 1LT 8A in Elkhart Lake Blue.)

Last edited by JK 23112; 06-12-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 AM
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 615 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17

Originally Posted by Bradysdad View Post
Two words.....Mike Furman !!
Agreed! When you deal with Mike, you know exactly what you're getting with the best price possible. No gimmicks.
Mike1320 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 AM
ny32182
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

My brand new GS was 54.1k out the door.
Yes, I did have to qualify for loyalty discount and finance >25K through the dealer at a **** rate to get that price, but I'll just refi or pay it off right away so it was worth it for the extra $1k off.

Amazing that you can get a car of this overall performance ability for 54 grand with zero miles on it. That is the real upside of the Corvette and the fact that they make a million of them.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 176 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56 View Post
Agreed! When you deal with Mike, you know exactly what you're getting with the best price possible. No gimmicks.
Totally agree. Mike is up front, honest, and knows his product. No BS. Helpful without being overbearing, if you know what you want he gets it for you, and if you are on the fence he explains what the various options are. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another vehicle from Mike.
Skid Row Joe (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM
born2beS12
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes you can get the price that low but also no you cant get it that low at all dealerships. what they do is take the price of the car and then add in all the GM and dealership rebates that are available to lower the price. Problem is no one can qualify for all the discounts because some have "either/or not both" stipulations. I ran into this issue when I bought my mustang in 09. The dealer was advertising a fully loaded mustang GT premium for $19,500, but when everything was written out the most anyone could actually purchase it for was 31,xxx which was only about 5k less than sticker.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM
fsvoboda
CF Senior Member

Received 420 Likes on 306 Posts

By the way, I got a 1LT auto coupe at that price two years ago--plus 0% down, 0% interest for five years. There are always deals if you look for them after the first few years of production.

Unfortunately, I've only got a two car garage and also need vehicles to drive in winter.

Best wishes.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Duntov7
CF Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi there HARVEY........long-time-no-hear-from-you !!!! All the best !
How many Vettes now ???????
Old 06-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 564 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com View Post

Its all nonsense, and it puts the good dealers in a horrible position, as the customers think there is 4 grand profit being made, when they are selling a car below invoice. Its ruining the marketplace.
SO TRUE!!!! I am the Corvette Manager at a Chevrolet dealership and go through this BS all the time. I had a customer last week tell me will you match or beat dealer X's price? I said first off the price you see isn't the price you pay? I went over all the current rebates with the customer and guess what they didn't qualify for any of them? At this point, the customer told me I was wrong and they have to sell him the car at the advertised price? I informed the customer you are in for a big surprise and I asked to you have a trade? He told me yes I have a Corvette to trade? I then told him you will get low balled on your trade and will probably walk out?

I said I have been totally upfront with you, I showed you the price of my car selling at $800 under holdback, telling you what rebates you qualify for, and giving you a fair trade in price for your car? I told the customer the fake price from dealer X is to get you in the door and hope you buy after you get the bad news about the price? He left my store without buying my car?

Two days later he comes back in and tells me I was 100% correct about dealer X and how they tried to sweet talk him into buying. I asked him how his trade number worked out? They offered me $4,300 less? He bought from me and said he wasted a day be lied to and jerked around?

GM is cracking down on dealers advertising prices with all rebates included in the price!!!
bbbvettes.com (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:42 PM
bbbvettes.com
Emerging Vendor

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

yeah, its horrible. I'm not sure where you are located, but south florida is the worst, because not only do they stack all the rebates known to man on every one of their adds, they literally mark the car as a 4 grand loser, and put a 5g addendum sticker on the car.. so their advertised price is literally 4g plus 6g below invoice and holdback... for a net loss of 10 grand if the customer does not qualify for rebates.

You were lucky that the customer came back to you... see the problem is the shady dealers understand its a numbers game...

for instance, lets say a customer in west palm sees the "true car" price on a vette in miami with an identical window sticker price as one at a store local in west palm.

The customer goes to the west palm store first, because its close, and they ask the best price... then if you don't give them the price as good as Miami's, they either peacefully leave, and say they will be back later (even though they are going to Miami) or they confront you about the price before they go to miami.

So the dealers in west palm level with the customer on the addendums and the rebates... but 10 grand is too much for the customer to walk away from... without first investigating.

So, one way or another, they leave and go to Miami. Now keep in mind, they KNOW the price the dealer in west palm was going to do.

So the store in miami might **** them off when the customer finds out it's going to be the same deal as west palm...

but the guys in Miami have the advantage... the customer is there already, and the customer hates dealerships, and the customer does not want to admit they were wrong to the people they might have argued with in west palm... so going back to buy the car from west palm is a hassle... so the Miami dealer says "if I beat the west palm store by 500 dollars, can I earn your business?"

customers, 9 times out of 10, say "yes you can"

because it ends the pain and they drive out in a new car, and don't have to deal with a salesman for another 3 years.

The kicker is the west palm store would have gone 500 lower, even 1000 lower, IF the customer would have committed to a deal while they were in the west palm store... but the customer wanted to see what was going on in Miami before they made a "rash decision"

so the shady store wins 3 out of 5 if not, 4 out of 5 times it seems, and the 1 or 2 times out of 5 the good stores win, are when the customers never take the time to go to Miami first... because once they go to Miami its a 9 out of 10 that the customer caves and buys down there, because the customers don't want to go to another store again, and don't want to admit they messed up the first time around with the people at west palm... they want it to be done, and they want to keep their ego intact.

And this is why the shady stores, ruin the entire industry and the customers' perception of all dealers, including the fair/honest dealers...

because customers are so ignorant, they don't know what the real deals are, and they assume every dealer is Satan.... but the customer have MORE CONFIDENCE THAN EVER BEFORE... that they "know what the best deals are"... and if the dealers don't offer "that best deal that they saw on the internet on truecar", they become angry because they "know they are dealing with an evil person trying to lie to them"... and they take off for the metaphoric Miami store, more often than not, regardless of what town, every town has the same situation.

So the good dealers still get the bad wrap, and the customers come back to the good dealers and say "I got a better deal in Miami!" so that the customer can save face that THEY weren't wrong, the dealer in west palm was.

... when in reality it was a deal the west palm dealer would have done.

And if the west palm dealer says "we would have done 500 dollars better too"

it just makes the customer more angry with the situation, and they say "then why didn't you tell me that in the first place!?"

and the true answer is, even if the store in west palm offered 2 grand better than the deal the customer got from miami, the customer still would have gone to Miami FIRST to see what the other 7500 bucks was about.

So the good dealer is in a totally losing situation.

We have a giant website that we have been working on for a long time, that challenges truecar and autotrader, that solves all of this. It should be ready soon. I am so sick of shady dealers and ignorant customers, and then being told we are the bad guys... I can't begin to explain how sick I am of it

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-13-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Corvette ED (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED View Post
SO TRUE!!!! I am the Corvette Manager at a Chevrolet dealership and go through this BS all the time. I had a customer last week tell me will you match or beat dealer X's price? I said first off the price you see isn't the price you pay? I went over all the current rebates with the customer and guess what they didn't qualify for any of them? At this point, the customer told me I was wrong and they have to sell him the car at the advertised price? I informed the customer you are in for a big surprise and I asked to you have a trade? He told me yes I have a Corvette to trade? I then told him you will get low balled on your trade and will probably walk out?

I said I have been totally upfront with you, I showed you the price of my car selling at $800 under holdback, telling you what rebates you qualify for, and giving you a fair trade in price for your car? I told the customer the fake price from dealer X is to get you in the door and hope you buy after you get the bad news about the price? He left my store without buying my car?

Two days later he comes back in and tells me I was 100% correct about dealer X and how they tried to sweet talk him into buying. I asked him how his trade number worked out? They offered me $4,300 less? He bought from me and said he wasted a day be lied to and jerked around?

GM is cracking down on dealers advertising prices with all rebates included in the price!!!
You're clouding the issue of price matching. Probably intentionally, but not sure....?

Not one Chev. dealer I contacted in person or on the phone in Texas and Louisiana would price match MacMulkin Chev. Cadillac on a new ordered C7. I'm certain you wouldn't either, after reading your attached post.

A lot of you Chev. dealer sales reps play games with interested new to order Corvette buyers. A good percentage burn the enquiring new Corvette buyer for life. I got a long list of Chev. dealers in Texas and Louisiana where I reside, that will never get my new Corvette business, because of their shady shell games they play on a cash buyer of a new ordered Corvette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard to believe a $51,000 new convertible

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: