C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not too happy with the General

Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Trent O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not too happy with the General

At the start of April I hit a dear with my 2017 z06. Fortunately there was little damage. The amount was less than $10000.00. The problem is there has been a backorder on one of the coolers. Over two months later my car has not moved. In Canada we have approximately 6 months of driving conditions . I still make my payments on the car and on insurance and have no car to enjoy. Chevrolet please pull up your socks!! How many z06s do you have sitting waiting to be sold? Maybe you should make your existing customers a priority!!!

Last edited by Trent O; 06-12-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Red08
CF Senior Member

Received 125 Likes on 78 Posts

Its clear that GM is getting behind on parts. A friend of mine bought a 2017 GS 2-3 months ago. He has yet to drive it. It, along with several other 2017 GS's, are sitting and waiting at the dealership for some steering component parts that were recalled. It makes me wonder if they are so focused on the C8 that they have put all the other business they need to be doing on the back burner.
The following users liked this post:
yellow2007 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 PM
runner61627
CF Senior Member

Received 289 Likes on 200 Posts

Not a good sign already for parts as the C7 ages and more attention is on the C8
Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Trent O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always been a GM guy but if this is their idea of customer service Im done. I have started acase with GM customer service so well see were that goes. I guess my boy doesnt get to drive the corvette for grad
Old 06-12-2019, 05:19 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 493 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Trent O View Post
At the start of April I hit a dear with my 2017 z06. Fortunately there was little damage. The amount was less than $10000.00. The problem is there has been a backorder on one of the coolers. Over two months later my car has not moved. In Canada we have approximately 6 months of driving conditions . I still make my payments on the car and on insurance and have no car to enjoy. Chevrolet please pull up your socks!! How many z06s do you have sitting waiting to be sold? Maybe you should make your existing customers a priority!!!
More than likely you're issue is with a dealer that is being lazy and not going through the proper channels to obtain parts. I have never in the history of working for a GM dealer (19 years in October) had a part for a current platform take 2+ months to get. There are ways to upgrade orders, get parts reps and even Brand Quality Managers involved. It's always a possibility to have them pull parts from production if your dealer will actually try hard enough.
The following 5 users liked this post by RichieRichZ06:
Dado5 (06-13-2019), Glennm27 (06-13-2019), Prime Target (06-13-2019), SilverGhost (06-13-2019), Vegas1500 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 551 Likes on 377 Posts

Waited 4 months for a damaged rear wing for my ZR1, was shipped to the dealership damaged according to GM, they first told me, IN WRITTING, that I may or may not EVER get the rear wing depending on the manufacturer, and amount of parts made. Seriously you tell a customer that?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:38 PM
BullittEV
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

But theres a corvette in the commercial???
Old 06-12-2019, 06:12 PM
449er
CF Senior Member

Received 354 Likes on 299 Posts

Trent, Your situation is most unfortunate, the same thing is going on with the C6 models also so I feel your pain
Old 06-12-2019, 06:29 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
Waited 4 months for a damaged rear wing for my ZR1, was shipped to the dealership damaged according to GM, they first told me, IN WRITTING, that I may or may not EVER get the rear wing depending on the manufacturer, and amount of parts made. Seriously you tell a customer that?
Your dealer is either covering something up or they are completely incompetent. There is a specific procedure to follow if you get damaged ZR1 parts shipped to you. There is literally an instruction sheet in the box of carbon parts that outlines the process to follow if you receive damaged Corvette parts on a new vehicle.

GM will instantly overnight a new piece to the dealer if in fact the damage was reported when they received the parts and pictures support that claim. We've had 3 wings or splitters show up with damage and had replacements the following day. If your dealer damaged the part by opening boxes with a razor blade or dropping it once taken out of the box, there is no process for getting a replacement quickly. There is no way in hell GM wouldn't send them a replacement wing if the damage was legit.

With that being said, getting non-damaged replacement parts is next to impossible at this time. The supplier can only produce so many and those are going on vehicles being produced. I have a couple different customers that want replacement carbon parts for their new ZR1s just so they have a replacement if/when a splitter gets damaged. I've been told that once ZR1 production is over, those types of parts will be much easier to get.
SilverGhost (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 06:54 PM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06 View Post
Your dealer is either covering something up or they are completely incompetent. There is a specific procedure to follow if you get damaged ZR1 parts shipped to you. There is literally an instruction sheet in the box of carbon parts that outlines the process to follow if you receive damaged Corvette parts on a new vehicle.

GM will instantly overnight a new piece to the dealer if in fact the damage was reported when they received the parts and pictures support that claim. We've had 3 wings or splitters show up with damage and had replacements the following day. If your dealer damaged the part by opening boxes with a razor blade or dropping it once taken out of the box, there is no process for getting a replacement quickly. There is no way in hell GM wouldn't send them a replacement wing if the damage was legit.

With that being said, getting non-damaged replacement parts is next to impossible at this time. The supplier can only produce so many and those are going on vehicles being produced. I have a couple different customers that want replacement carbon parts for their new ZR1s just so they have a replacement if/when a splitter gets damaged. I've been told that once ZR1 production is over, those types of parts will be much easier to get.
This was from 1800 GM, the area GM rep was called in when this happened, he said he wanted to see the problem, that when everything slowed down, and that's when I contacted 1800 GM, after dozens of phone calls from them, then telling me the no parts thing, I told them I want that in writing, which to my surprise they did. So after getting the letter I showed to the delivering dealership owner, and then $hit got done. There were selling dealership's and delivering dealership's involved which of course made it worse. The letter is being framed. .
Glennm27 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,086 Posts
Default Ttt

More than likely you're issue is with a dealer that is being lazy and not going through the proper channels to obtain parts. I have never in the history of working for a GM dealer (19 years in October) had a part for a current platform take 2+ months to get. There are ways to upgrade orders, get parts reps and even Brand Quality Managers involved. It's always a possibility to have them pull parts from production if your dealer will actually try hard enough.
I agree
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,463 Likes on 3,833 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I hope you get some repair resolution on your car soon - I wouldn't be too happy either with it taking this long. Perhaps do as others have said and put some pressure on your dealership to push the parts issue with GM.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:12 PM
~Stingray
CF Senior Member

Received 165 Likes on 125 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Can't you remove the insurance? Its under protection of the dealership (if it is still there). If not, call the corvette museum and put it in storage insurance. It's like $90 for the year.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:56 AM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Received 1,238 Likes on 974 Posts

I have always been a GM guy but if this is their idea of customer service Im done. I have started acase with GM customer service so well see were that goes. I guess my boy doesnt get to drive the corvette for grad
It's ironic how loyal satisfied customers can become staunch enemies of the brand/model. It happened to me 20 years ago when I bought my last new Mercedes Benz turbo diesel motorcar sedan. I will never buy another new Mercedes Benz. Nowadays, there's no reason to be hopelessly loyal to any brand... Buy something different. Change it up!
Old 06-13-2019, 08:10 AM
69 L46 4 Speed
CF Senior Member

Received 116 Likes on 96 Posts

Do not cancel your insurance while your car is at the dealership. Unless damage is caused by dealership personnel, the dealer is not financially liable for your car. If it gets damaged by a thug or stolen or even damaged from a storm, your insurance has to pay for it.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:31 AM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

Received 531 Likes on 404 Posts

This was from 1800 GM, the area GM rep was called in when this happened, he said he wanted to see the problem, that when everything slowed down, and that's when I contacted 1800 GM, after dozens of phone calls from them, then telling me the no parts thing, I told them I want that in writing, which to my surprise they did. So after getting the letter I showed to the delivering dealership owner, and then $hit got done. There were selling dealership's and delivering dealership's involved which of course made it worse. The letter is being framed. .

you need to call ''gm corp'' at the rennesince center in Detroit,and get ahold of ''corp customer service'',it goes way above the 1800 people,,and gets things done right now
Old 06-13-2019, 08:35 AM
Tom/99
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

A warranty windshield was ordered in October 2016, for my 2015 coupe.
It still has not arrived at the dealership.
Maybe the problem with the parts for your car, has something to do with the dealer, not General Motors.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:16 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

It still doesn't make any sense. If the part arrived damaged AND the dealer followed the instructions in the box regarding damaged parts, they would've had a replacement in 1-2 days and you would have never known. The fact that you even knew the parts were damaged and the GM rep was somehow involved just proves they had no clue how to handle. Once that happens and the simple instructions aren't followed it does damn near take an act of congress to get a replacement piece.

We've done courtesy deliveries for customers before and had to deal with damaged parts. It makes no difference if there are 2 dealers involved unless they're both incompetent. In either case, at least you finally got your replacement parts.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Glennm27
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 104 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

You know that WE were never going let that happen. 😂
Old 06-13-2019, 05:15 PM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

It still doesn't make any sense. If the part arrived damaged AND the dealer followed the instructions in the box regarding damaged parts, they would've had a replacement in 1-2 days and you would have never known. The fact that you even knew the parts were damaged and the GM rep was somehow involved just proves they had no clue how to handle. Once that happens and the simple instructions aren't followed it does damn near take an act of congress to get a replacement piece.

We've done courtesy deliveries for customers before and had to deal with damaged parts. It makes no difference if there are 2 dealers involved unless they're both incompetent. In either case, at least you finally got your replacement parts.
WELL THEN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HOW I FELT, had nothing to do with the dealerships, it was the gm rep that sidetracked everything and slowed the process down, and would not let anything move forward until he saw it himself, once he was bypassed things happened, he is next on the list. I am not the only one this has happened to by the PM's I received

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not too happy with the General

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: