Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranger AFM

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM
donkeyhoeti
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Been using my Range for a few weeks now in our '14 vert with A6 and absolutely love it, but I only get to drive it on the weekends, if I'm nice. My wife daily drives it and she takes the Range out since she likes to save gas with V4 - I told her we should've just bought her a Prius and let me alternate driving the vert and my truck!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
What's the reasoning behind waiting until after 500 miles to install a Range?
It went on the day it arrived. I had about 250 miles by then. Had it arrived sooner, it would have gone on sooner. No reason to keep it off except for going to the dealership or if you like driving in V4 mode in a high performance car.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:46 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I unplugged my Range from my '16 base car, and plugged it in my '19 GS before I left the Criswell lot. The car had 4 miles at the time. After all the shakes, and shudders with the '16 A8, I wasn't taking any chances. It's been on ever since.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM
jjwalkers
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I am glad all of you are having good luck with your Range. I thought I was also after buy it just two much ago. Today it stopped working. I called support and after trying a few things, they decided to send me a new one and send the other one back. When it stopped working, I tried a few things on my own but nothing worked and in fact caused for some reason some issues with my radio (couldn't raise audio level) and then my screen went blank. I finally got everything back. Range was very helpful and I am glad they are sending me another one. I hope the new one works forever.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,684 Likes on 5,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
It went on the day it arrived. I had about 250 miles by then. Had it arrived sooner, it would have gone on sooner. No reason to keep it off except for going to the dealership or if you like driving in V4 mode in a high performance car.
I agree, as you are running at risk of damaging your A8 whenever operating in V4 mode. Best to disable it from the beginning.

Quick Reply: Ranger AFM