Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:44 PM
bankers1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Corvette Museum visit time

I'll be on the way to the 25th Ann. of the Vette museum from Albany, NY
What is there to do, how much time to see everything @ museum with a slow wife?
Bowling Green seems like an afternoon at best for "downtown" activities.
Never been there. Advice??????
Old 06-12-2019, 10:41 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If you are going for the 25th anniversary in August, there should be a number of activities that the museum is putting on to keep you busy. In the evening, take a short drive down I-65 (about an hour) to Nashville, TN. Plenty to do down there on Broadway Street.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 AM
69 L46 4 Speed
Drifting

Received 452 Likes on 276 Posts

Depending on your route of travel, you can visit Mammoth Cave National Park. It is just a little north east of Bowling Green along I-65. If it interests you, there is a Train Museum in Bowling Green. We have visited the museum a number of times. Before the cave-in, immediately after the cave-in. and again a year later after the repairs to the building were completed. For a number of years, the wife and I have participated in the Vet's and Vette's event which takes place in conjunction with Veterans' Day so we go through the museum again. The museum crew always keeps it fresh. There are displays near the end of the tour through the museum that are usually themed and only there for a limited time. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
The following users liked this post:
corvettemuseum (06-18-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 PM
donkeyhoeti
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I second the Mammoth Cave visit if time allows. Book your reservations online early as they fill up quickly; if booked-up you can still do a self-guided tour and it's worth the trip. Much smaller is the Lost River Cave, run by a non-profit. We enjoyed the short boat ride and all the history there. There are a couple of good restaurants in "downtown" Bowling Green. Steamer Southern Seafood Kitchen was very good. 440 Main is a fantastic, if pricey, choice right on Fountain Square downtown - we stayed in a great AirBnB right over the restaurant and bar there. My wife enjoyed some of the shops around Fountain Square. There's also a good cigar shop, an ice cream shop, and a coffee house. A college (Western Kentucky Univ., I think) is located there and many of the places are staffed by students. All we encountered were exceptionally friendly. Hope you enjoy the trip!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Museum visit time

Quick Reply: Corvette Museum visit time