C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MacMulkin recommendation

Old 07-11-2019, 09:49 PM
sTz
CF Senior Member

Received 1,290 Likes on 1,016 Posts

I dealt Tommy Jr., and the process was seamless. I’d start w/him. He’ll get the process started and probably refer you to someone else to finalize the deal.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:46 AM
Fredtoo
CF Senior Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall View Post
I'd like to chime in with a question that I think is directly relative.

How do you manage the trade in process with any of the big dealers?

My understanding is, for the most part they don't even want your trade!!! So you lose out on the savings of the sales tax on the difference only, and if you have any little minor imperfections like marginal tires or?

How do you sort a deal out so you know exactly where you're at? I usually will refuse to buy a car that is not on the ground that I can touch feel and see with the dealer because of all the games.

Thank You in Advance Kevin
What kind of car are you trading in?

I worked out a deal where I traded in my P car thought a local P dealership, but ran the deal through MacMulkin.
It worked out perfectly.

Kerbeck would not entertain the same deal.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin Marshall (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:52 AM
N875ED
CF Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had some concern also about paying for a car site-unseen (other than photos). But they received good ratings and I figure they sell internet deals several times per day. (Lots of possible complainers)

They were great; I would use them again!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Zjoe6
CF Senior Member

Received 744 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by N875ED View Post
I had some concern also about paying for a car site-unseen (other than photos). But they received good ratings and I figure they sell internet deals several times per day. (Lots of possible complainers)

They were great; I would use them again!
MacMulkin would never let a problem slip through due to their high quality control. I would have zero issues buying a new Vette from them site unseen. I flew out there last time and my Grand Sport was flawless. I looked it over top to bottom. Iím sure Kerbeck does a great job too but Mac is my new Vette go to place.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 PM
SonikSpeed

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered my car back in March. Initially I contacted them about a car they had in stock and Tommy Jr. was the one who emailed me back. Very friendly and was always very responsive, he even replied to emails I sent on Sundays the same day (I was thinking I would get a responses back on Monday). After a couple of emails and phone calls with Tommy I figured out that I could order a car exactly the way I wanted and it would be cheaper than what they had in stock. So once I started the order process I was turned over to Vanessa who was very friendly and always answered questions I had in a timely manner. Once the car came in, I worked with Jesse. He was also very good and the couple of times he was with a customer or it was his day off I would speak with Mark who is the sales manager I believe. They do use a team approach there. There was one time when I couldn't get anybody and I said to the receptionist, I'll talk to anyone in the Corvette department that's free and they transferred me to one of the other Corvette salesman (I don't remember his name but he was good too). I also worked with them to have the car wrapped in Xpel and shipped to me.

There were a lot of firsts for me with this purchase. I had never bought a Corvette, ordered a car from the factory, bought a car out of state, wired money for a car, bought a car sight unseen, had a car delivered to me or had a car wrapped in Xpel. MacMulkin made all of that incredibly easy. The only time I freaked out was when I had sent the paperwork back and I couldn't get a hold of someone for maybe 2 hours just trying to make sure they got it. Which looking back now, was not as bad as it seemed when it was happening. The rest of the time any question or communication that was not time sensitive was answered within 24 hours, most of the time, the same day.

The car was unloaded and it was perfect.

When the time comes, I won't hesitate to call them first if I'm looking to buy another Vette.
The following users liked this post:
Fredtoo (07-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MacMulkin recommendation

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: