Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Titanium lug nuts and wheel studs

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 01:56 AM
exist
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes ,its for sale ,but located in Russia.
Delivery is not a problem(18$).
Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Date on photo is 11-2-2016, do you have a recent current photo?

Originally Posted by exist
Actual photo

Last edited by KGrant; 02-13-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:39 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by KGrant
Date on photo is 11-2-2016, do you have a recent current photo?

Do you need a photo with actual date or what?
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I would get an accurate date on there, especially if these are coming from Russia with 15 posts from you. You have to do everything you can to make people feel good about this transaction.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 AM
exist
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by spinkick
I would get an accurate date on there, especially if these are coming from Russia with 15 posts from you. You have to do everything you can to make people feel good about this transaction.
Whats wrong with Russia? You can order from Yperion reseller in US if you want,but bit more expensive.Please check Yperion Titanium products ...
Im ready to pay paypal fees,so there is no need to talk about problems with transaction.Its 100% insured.If you dont need this please just pass,if you need,I will make any picture you need etc.

Last edited by exist; 02-14-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:59 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

For someone trying to sell a product, you won't supply a photo with current date to make people feel comfortable, your actions/comments will make people more uncomfortable to deal with you. Why are you so defensive?

Whats wrong with Russia? You can order from Yperion reseller in US if you want,but bit more expensive.Please check Yperion Titanium products ...
Im ready to pay paypal fees,so there is no need to talk about problems with transaction.Its 100% insured.If you dont need this please just pass,if you need,I will make any picture you need etc.

Last edited by KGrant; 02-14-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:38 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

Because I posted pictures already.More pictures or actual date required?
Old 02-14-2019, 06:56 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Because you only have 17 post in here no history of selling something with a feed back is why.

Let me ask you this then on the other hand you ship them to me free and if they are what you are telling every one in here I will send you a paypal as a friend and family.. How does that sound to you.. Robert
Old 02-14-2019, 09:52 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

hmmm, not usable in the snow belt states. I can't accurately see the interface between the metals, but two dissimilar metals in a wet salty environment will immediately begin to corrode lock shut due to galvanic corrosion. Here's an example with 2 metals;an electrochemical reaction occurs in the presence of an electrolyte ...in our vehicle case it will be salty water. Has the OP performed field tests, or Salt Spray tests on assemblies?

Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 AM
exist
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by robert miller
Because you only have 17 post in here no history of selling something with a feed back is why.

Let me ask you this then on the other hand you ship them to me free and if they are what you are telling every one in here I will send you a paypal as a friend and family.. How does that sound to you.. Robert
Are you kidding? Why do we use paypal? Yes,right,because it offers 100%insurance.There is no risk for your side. Im ready to pay fees and dont understand why should I go for this stupid risk sending you parts without payment.
If you are not sure that quality is good enough,please check Yperion Titanium .If you like the product and believe that this is what you need,order with confidence.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:41 AM
exist
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
hmmm, not usable in the snow belt states. I can't accurately see the interface between the metals, but two dissimilar metals in a wet salty environment will immediately begin to corrode lock shut due to galvanic corrosion. Here's an example with 2 metals;an electrochemical reaction occurs in the presence of an electrolyte ...in our vehicle case it will be salty water. Has the OP performed field tests, or Salt Spray tests on assemblies?

Sorry,please send this question to Yperion Titanium.You can order dlc,ti-n and micro ARC coated studs from them..As for titanium alloys and corrosion : you will find many positive feedbacks in internet.Im sure even from people from your state...

By the way: poggipolini makes OEM titanium fasteners for Pagani, Mclaren, Ferrari, Bugatti and Porsche. Do they have this galvanic corrosion I wonder?I think that you can also make a topic here about titanium fasteners galvanic corrosion ....it could be a better decision than to talk here in "for sale".I have nothing more to say than : please ask Yperion Ti. about this chemical issue.Or maybe Tikore(famous brand from US).

Old 02-17-2019, 06:52 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

No conspiracies here. You're getting some good advice from veteran members telling you why your product listed for over 2 years hasn't sold. Update your pictures if you want some chance to sell these, if not, just continue to argue back because that will make it better?

Are you kidding? Why do we use paypal? Yes,right,because it offers 100%insurance.There is no risk for your side. Im ready to pay fees and dont understand why should I go for this stupid risk sending you parts without payment.
If you are not sure that quality is good enough,please check Yperion Titanium .If you like the product and believe that this is what you need,order with confidence.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

Yes,I heard you and other members.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

Old 02-17-2019, 06:36 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by rrsperry
Not to mention the special anti seize that Ti parts require... (not that it's expensive, just be aware that you need it.)
why? please enlighten me on the need for anti seize. And can these nuts be used on standard studs or do you need both?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:22 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammo
why? please enlighten me on the need for anti seize. And can these nuts be used on standard studs or do you need both?
The science says NO. Dissimilar metals, erratic torque/tension, tendency to gall, the last thing you want is to apply a lube to a critical joint in a vehicle. Remember this: easy on, equals easy off regarding free running nuts. This type of hardware is strictly for F1 racing, Rally racing, etc.... Not for daily driving. It is used to minimize unsprung weight as much as possible. Won't mean a damn thing to us.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:06 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

$$$frumnuttin has always been a technical expert on science and technology here on the forum, so I tend to take heed to anything technical or science related as he backs things up with factual data and science!

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
The science says NO. Dissimilar metals, erratic torque/tension, tendency to gall, the last thing you want is to apply a lube to a critical joint in a vehicle. Remember this: easy on, equals easy off regarding free running nuts. This type of hardware is strictly for F1 racing, Rally racing, etc.... Not for daily driving. It is used to minimize unsprung weight as much as possible. Won't mean a damn thing to us.

Last edited by KGrant; 02-18-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Titanium lug nuts and wheel studs

Old 02-19-2019, 06:09 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Ammo
When we say ti...we have to remember that there are 100's of ti alloys with 100's of heat treatment types.All oem nuts are coated in fact.When we order non coated titanium alloy nut there is a galling risk for sure,but steel nut has the same problem if we use it crossing torque nm limits(oem manual would help to find exact torque) or twisting it too fast without paste.
This is why we can see coated oem steel studs.
If you want to protect your fastener from issues,I advise to check Xylan (same as Nascar) or DLC (as in f1) coated lug nuts from Yperion Titanium.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:23 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

There is a good article about anti seize paste and about Poggipolini fasteners.They make OEM titanium fasteners for Ferrari,Porsche,McLaren,Bugatti etc...
Its easy to find that test...In fact,good paste plays dramatic role in load distribution(between thread turns),this is not a question of galling only.
Please: lets talk about item that I want to sell here.If there is a question,please send questions about condition,shipping,payment etc,If you want to talk about galling problems,comparison tests with steel etc...please find a topic for this deal.This is "for sale" topic.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM
exist
Heel & Toe

PM link or source if this is possible.I know different things about this subject.Ready to pm the article I just told about.

Quick Reply: Titanium lug nuts and wheel studs