Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 10:47 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Received 173 Likes on 132 Posts

5% reduction (left) 20% reduction (right)

Notice the difference? The bottom of the 5%er is elongated towards the bottom, this allows the bearing (pivot point) to sit closer to the tip of the shaft. If you look at the bottom of a factory shifter it does the same thing, it's below the top of the shifter box.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:26 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

With many available options, you can get the shifting experience you've always wished for, just the way you'd like it.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:24 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Place your orders while you still save ten bucks on the combo!

C5, C6 & C7
Performance Shifter Boxes
Upgraded Shifter Options

Zero-Slop Shifter Linkages
Don't replace your clutch without upgrading your linkage!

www.TMODCUSTOMS.com
info@tmodcustoms.com

Old 10-03-2018, 02:04 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by NY Chief
Another super satisfied lower box customer here! I cut down the stock shifter about 1.12" and threaded for a Hurst ball. The little chevy shifts as smooth as silk now!!!

And Tom is a great guy to work with!

If you ANY thoughts about doing the lower box at least DO IT …..NOW!!! :-)
Thanks, glad you like it!
Old 10-17-2018, 12:48 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

If anyone has a core that needs to be returned we would all really appreciate you sending it in, thanks a million!
Old 10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

I'm sorry to inform everyone but customers who are paying the core charge and receiving completed units are being delayed. The current wait time is about three weeks. Unfortunately this is just an estimate and it varies with the flow of cores being returned. Cores have been very slow to return, if you have a core that needs to be returned please get it back at your earliest convenience, everyone who is waiting in line behind you as well as myself appreciate it very much.

As of current, please note that any cores not returned within thirty (30) days will not be refunded.

I know that's a lousy thing to do but it's simply not fair to everyone who is waiting in line. If you have a date in mind that you would like to do your install, just let me know when you order and I will accommodate any needs you have. I have purchased a ton of cores myself to help elevate this problem, but I'm not buying anymore cores. The problem is not lack of cores, I own more than enough cores myself to fill orders for everyone waiting in line currently, and then some, it's just that they are not being returned in a timely manner. As soon as the tremendous amount of outstanding cores come in, the wait time should be eliminated, at the very least wait time should be minimized to a few days, not a few weeks, like it was in the beginning.

Please let me know if you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you for understanding. If we all do our part we can all have a great product at a great price without a long wait.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:33 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Last edited by TMODcustoms; 10-19-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:05 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Pumping out more 5% shifters

Bottom side finished, OP2; Top Side
Old 10-25-2018, 07:20 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Heres a quick video covering the difference between the Z06 and non-Z06 boxes and the solid bushing option.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:01 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

RKT Performance is stocking my boxes now, if anyone in the Baltimore \ Washington D.C. area needs a box installed or any other work done give them a call.

www.RKTPerformance.com
Old 10-28-2018, 10:24 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I just realized this....how do you "center" the new lower boxes like the stock are done with the small round pin? Your new end caps have no hole in them for this.

You just need to center the box in the middle of the slop. The rest of the assembily has a little tiny bit of slop in it, like about 0.100in, that's about the thickness of five sheets of paper. when you put your new box in you'll see what I mean, the slop is in the linkage mostly. So you center the box in the middle of the slop, that will get you right where you want to be. I teel people this and they reply like I'm crazy, like there has to be more to it, there's not.

If anyone ever needs help aligning their box, or if they even think they might, I encourage them to simply let me know when they are going to be installing it and I will make sure to make myself available in case they have any questions or need a hand.

One thing that I have found helpful:

Draw a line across the front of your box, not on the box, at the bottom of the box, to mark how far forward it is, BEFORE you remove your old box. This will let you know your on the right track when installing the new box.

The factory pin with the hole in the box is a lousy design, it allows debris into the box, that's at least partially responsible for all the blown seals in everyone's boxes.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (03-12-2021)
Old 10-29-2018, 07:41 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Rick@RKT Performance
These are very nice pieces.

​​​​​​​Thanks buddy, glad you like them!
​​​​​​​
Old 11-02-2018, 04:25 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by suburban
Got my shifter a few days ago and finally had a chance to put it in. I already had the TMODCustoms lower box and thought it wasn’t going to get any better. It certainly did. There is absolutely no mistaking what gear you are going for. It feels like your grabbing the shift fork and putting it into gear every time I shift. He told me about the shifter handle spinning a bit due to the design of the shifter and I wondered how it would feel. In my opinion it was a bit odd for the first few times I drove the car but once I drove it a little more I hardly noticed it at all. Toms shifter is the most mechanical feeling shifter I’ve ever experienced and I couldn’t recommend it more.
Awesome, Thanks suburban!
- TMOD
Old 11-03-2018, 07:55 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Some pics for the weekend .
Old 11-05-2018, 02:36 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

are there two types of bushings, plastic and metal? why, whats the difference?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:57 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by romandian
are there two types of bushings, plastic and metal? why, whats the difference?

Three actually, Z06 boxes come with solid metal bushings.They are a little stiffer but you may feel some vibration, especially gong from non-Z box\bushings because the TT Bushings are there to dampen vibration. People who like them prefer the more "direct" and "stiff" feel. Delrin is what I recommend generally. It is a hard industrial plastic that dampens better than being solid mounted like the Z box but is more firm that the Polyurethane bushings which are the third option. Poly offers the most vibration dampening and most stock feel but unlike the factory rubber, Poly is a little firmer and lasts. The Rubber that the factory bushings are made out of is terrible, I have seen cars with 12K miles on them with the factory bushings completely deteriorated. It doesn't really even matter how many miles you put on the factory rubber bushings, they just break down over time.

Solid VS Z06
I make my own solid bushings. They are metal, they function the exact same way as the Z06 bushings do the only difference is that I make them to fit the non-z boxes. This way if you have a Z but you don't want to wait the extra time for a Z box to become available, because there are simply less of them, you can go with the solid bushings and have the same results without an increased wait time.

This being said the difference between all these bushings is not a huge difference. If you drove a car with unknown bushings I would say maybe 3 out of 10 people would be able to tell me what kind of bushing was in the box. If you drove the three different bushings on the same car back to back maybe 5 or 6 out or ten would be able to decipher the difference.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:51 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Starting off the weekend with good feedback!

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Old 11-10-2018, 08:35 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Lots of good feedback lately.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:18 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

I said I wasn't going to do it but I did buy 15 more shifter boxes in an effort to get the wait times down. They will be here this upcoming week and I will get them out within a day or two of receiving them. The addition of these boxes into circulation as well should help. I'm also giving the option of including prepaid shipping labels and packaging to return cores with. Now when you get a new box you just toss your old one in the mail, no need to go to the post office or UPS store or anything, just mail it back from home. I'm hoping these changes will shorten the wait times, we shall see. Have a nice weekend everyone, thank you for your support!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,920 Posts

Great idea on a shipping label and being able to reuse packaging!

Quick Reply: FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes