Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:04 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Correction:

PayPal absolutely resolves disputes in favor of the Buyer if item received is not as described.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:37 PM
iced
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
Correction:

PayPal absolutely resolves disputes in favor of the Buyer if item received is not as described.

Debatable.

This guy cussed me out in the paypal notes, said im a scammer. I posted pics, he cussed me out more and said he doesnt wanna deal with this basically. And paypal said to return item on my expense instead of providing a label or asking the seller to do so after looking at pictures and sellers demeanor and way of proceeding with the situation.

Last edited by iced; 11-12-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:00 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

You are correct, PayPal requires the items be returned, so will the credit card company.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 PM
iced
Pro

You are correct, PayPal requires the items be returned, so will the credit card company.

no issues there. seller is unwilling to comply in that regard.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:10 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

...all items in a purchase must be returned, and the seller is not required to pay return shipping.

Not requiring the seller to pay shipping back to him seems very unfair when they send items that are not as they advertised.

PayPal has been known to give goodwill credit of the return shipping charge back to longtime customers in good standing when a case is decided in their favor.

Iced,

Why did you not pursue this with PayPal? It would have been a slam dunk to have gotten a refund of what you paid had you returned the items.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 PM
iced
Pro

...all items in a purchase must be returned, and the seller is not required to pay return shipping.

Not requiring the seller to pay shipping back to him seems very unfair when they send items that are not as they advertised.

PayPal has been known to give goodwill credit of the return shipping charge back to longtime customers in good standing when a case is decided in their favor.

Iced,

Why did you not pursue this with PayPal? It would have been a slam dunk to have gotten a refund of what you paid had you returned the items.

Would have lost 50% of the money had i shipped it back and paid for it myself. There is no reason for me to lose that much money when the seller clearly/knowingly/deceitfully did this to me.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

xxaarraa,

This does seem very unfair on your end. You sent items that are not as you advertised.

Why not simply be fair about this and come to a compromise of some sort.

Iced's sent you the money you both agreed on, and you did not deliver what you said you had. Does not matter if you liked the guy, or not, you agreed on a price, but did not deliver what you advertised.

Whether or not you like his personality, your reputation is not worth this little bit of money, and you are in the wrong not disclosing the truth of the condition of your items. Full disclosure is a must, and you did not follow through with your end of the deal.

Compromise somehow, even if it isn't what you think is ideal. Iced did not receive what he paid you for.

Be the bigger man and do the right thing.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:04 AM
CptCvMan
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 108 Posts

xxaarraa,

This does seem very unfair on your end. You sent items that are not as you advertised.

Why not simply be fair about this and come to a compromise of some sort.

Iced's sent you the money you both agreed on, and you did not deliver what you said you had. Does not matter if you liked the guy, or not, you agreed on a price, but did not deliver what you advertised.

Whether or not you like his personality, your reputation is not worth this little bit of money, and you are in the wrong not disclosing the truth of the condition of your items. Full disclosure is a must, and you did not follow through with your end of the deal.

Compromise somehow, even if it isn't what you think is ideal. Iced did not receive what he paid you for.

Be the bigger man and do the right thing.

HP Junkie is right xxaarraa. Then to come bragging on here about paypal siding with you when you are clearly in the wrong is childish.
Do what is right.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:27 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by CptCvMan
HP Junkie is right xxaarraa. Then to come bragging on here about paypal siding with you when you are clearly in the wrong is childish.
Do what is right.
Thinking they are both childish and stubborn...emphasis on stubborn. Bickering on here needs to stop. Settle this like men. The dispute is between the 2 of you, and your bank and PayPal. Nothing you post here is going to resolve this issue.

Note: the rear carpeting is easily removable. Don't think it took me more than a couple minutes when I Fat Matted my 15' Had I bought this item, it would have instantly gone under the carpet, where it probably works better than on top. I wouldn't want to have this item showing all the time, even if it was in perfect like new condition.

What surprises me is the overall lack of this kind of bad mouthing going on on Corvette Forum. On other car forums I have participated in, it was so bad that I just quit posting and reading. That's why I like Corvette Forum, as it is really helpful, and people usually don't diss others when people ask redundant questions that have been written about many times before.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:51 PM
iced
Pro

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
Thinking they are both childish and stubborn...emphasis on stubborn. Bickering on here needs to stop. Settle this like men. The dispute is between the 2 of you, and your bank and PayPal. Nothing you post here is going to resolve this issue.

Note: the rear carpeting is easily removable. Don't think it took me more than a couple minutes when I Fat Matted my 15' Had I bought this item, it would have instantly gone under the carpet, where it probably works better than on top. I wouldn't want to have this item showing all the time, even if it was in perfect like new condition.

What surprises me is the overall lack of this kind of bad mouthing going on on Corvette Forum. On other car forums I have participated in, it was so bad that I just quit posting and reading. That's why I like Corvette Forum, as it is really helpful, and people usually don't diss others when people ask redundant questions that have been written about many times before.
A few things i'd like to say here in response to you:

1) It might seem childish - but this is to create awareness so that it does not happen to other potential buyers

2) You are out of line saying hide the imperfection and get on with life. In response to that alone, i would say, what if i was to sell you a dented fender without telling you its dented and when you call me out, i would say, just put a sticker on the dent and it will be fine.

3) im sure you are a nice guy and had a nice transaction with this douche bag - however i didn't and i am not afraid to speak up. I understand this is a for sale thread in the for sale section. But it can be moved to a bad transaction section after this has been resolved - for now, it's not been resolved and the seller has made it even worse instead of even trying to resolve.

4) i am already letting my bank handle this and im good with the thread being closed. I hope this does not happen to other buyers.

Thank you
Old 02-10-2019, 03:48 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

xxaarraa,

I see you have other items for sale, some I "might" be interested in buying.

Did you ever make this right with iced?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Man this is the longest thread on a FS item I've ever seen. I have to say that I 100% side with the buyer on this one, ESPECIALLY given how **** most of us are about our corvettes. If this was for a Civic, I'd cut a LITTLE slack, but I'd still be peeved that all those stains and cracks weren't disclosed. My Z06 is 3 years old and is my DD and I take it groccery shopping and to Costco and all that and my carpet looks like it's new. I would NEVER expect to see what the seller is selling in that condition. Personally, I would have contacted the seller before opening an dispute. That's the only thing I'd have done differently, but honestly I'd expect to HAVE to open a dispute. If the seller is going to be shady enough to hide damage and grossness, I doubt they'd be willing to refund. I definitely won't be buying anything from @xxaarraa
The following users liked this post:
iced (02-15-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 10:05 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

xxaarraa,

I see you have other items for sale, some I "might" be interested in buying.

xxaarraa,

I see you have had other items for sale, some I "might" be interested in buying.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

xxaarraa,

I see you have had other items for sale, some I "might" be interested in buying.

I'm going to guess no, since he never responded to the last post and iced hasn't piped up either, I'd steer clear of this seller, personally
Old 03-30-2019, 11:48 AM
motojager
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

This reminds me of a dealing I had on here with Mr Miller. Only it doesn't have all the terrible spelling and dialog of talking with a 7 year old, but . I suggest that you just be the bigger person and return the item. You may or may not get your full refund. But in the end, the seller has to live with what they did. Karma is a strong thing and will catch up with them.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:34 PM
iced
Pro

I'd love to be the bigger man, but this as*h*le was unwilling to provide a shipping label or pay for return shipping. The Mats were heavy and thus i could not ship them myself due to losing half of what i paid for in return shipping costs.

Anyways, my bank took care it and reversed the charge as i showed them that the seller was unwilling to get the item back/pay for return shipping along with pictures of the received item. It worked out for me in the end.

Thanks all!
The following users liked this post:
Toddiesel (03-30-2019)

Quick Reply: FS: BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7