C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vararam C7 True Cold Air!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:53 PM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'11-'12

Default Vararam C7 True Cold Air!!!

Click on this link for more info!!!
http://www.vararam.com/TCR7.html

Now available for your C7 - Vararam VR-TCR--True Cold Air System!!

Name:  top_01.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  53.8 KB
Old 09-23-2017, 01:33 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

I can tell you guys this: I helped this company with the field testing of this intake and they used my car as one in a group of testers. This is an AWESOME intake and I have never seen a guy so detail oriented and data driven (and I'm in an engineering field, myself) as the owner of this company.

This guy would not bring the intake to market until it was PERFECT. He did an insane amount of field testing, data logging via real world driving (not just dyno) and tweaking until he achieved the perfect intake setup.

After seeing first hand what this company does to properly develop their products, I would never choose another intake over theirs, period. I was not paid or anything either, nor did they ask to post anything blah blah, I simply volunteered to help.

If you're performance driven, results driven, actually care about a well designed intake and not something that's quickly thrown out to market to grab customers as soon as possible, I would strongly consider this intake.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:43 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Is it CARB compliant? K&N is not
Old 09-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts

Im sure it works quite well, but what about water intake. I may be way off here but I can't really see the geometry in the video and it seems the air box is open to adverse environmental conditions like water intake.

Can you let us know what is done to keep water out?
Old 09-23-2017, 04:34 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jaylars
Im sure it works quite well, but what about water intake. I may be way off here but I can't really see the geometry in the video and it seems the air box is open to adverse environmental conditions like water intake.

Can you let us know what is done to keep water out?
Never have had an issue.

I've soaked the hood area when washing the car, driven through super heavy rain. No issues.

I think your fine unless your front end finds itself nose down in a lake.
The following 2 users liked this post by \Boost Monkey/:
RichAshley-Black99 (11-05-2018), VaraRam Industries (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 10:45 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
I can tell you guys this: I helped this company with the field testing of this intake and they used my car as one in a group of testers. This is an AWESOME intake and I have never seen a guy so detail oriented and data driven (and I'm in an engineering field, myself) as the owner of this company.

This guy would not bring the intake to market until it was PERFECT. He did an insane amount of field testing, data logging via real world driving (not just dyno) and tweaking until he achieved the perfect intake setup.

After seeing first hand what this company does to properly develop their products, I would never choose another intake over theirs, period. I was not paid or anything either, nor did they ask to post anything blah blah, I simply volunteered to help.

If you're performance driven, results driven, actually care about a well designed intake and not something that's quickly thrown out to market to grab customers as soon as possible, I would strongly consider this intake.
I would agree with you on your statement. It a great increase on the c5 cars. I have one on the way on Monday.

Last edited by robert miller; 09-23-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:36 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Is the LT1 really starved for air? I could see forced induction where you need as much air as possible, but does the LT1 really need more air at its stock tune/power level? Do you have a filter that doesnt use oil? Could the BMS filter fit?

Last edited by spinkick; 09-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:28 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Are there any dyno charts with the veraram using the oem filter? Would like to see design gains vs just a better flowing filter
Old 09-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,474 Likes on 4,249 Posts

Not sure I understand how this is cold air? It's drawing some air from the same spot as the stock system, and then mixing it with heated air from under the hood.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:00 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
It's drawing some air from the same spot as the stock system, and then mixing it with heated air from under the hood.
No.

It's drawing air from the stock location and a sealed area (it comes with that black foam triangle piece you see to seal the upper side from the bay) that is open only to the hood to fender gap. When the hood is closed, it seals the draw area off from the bay, then pulls air from the gap only.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:58 AM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by VaraRam Industries
Click on this link for more info!!!
http://www.vararam.com/TCR7.html

Now available for your C7 - Vararam VR-TCR--True Cold Air System!!

Attachment 48208967
What I found by simply removing the forward plastic insert that is directly over the air filter I have gotten my best times at the strip on my completely stock A8 Base NPP with DR's. Then when I am done racing It is a simple reinstall 2-3 seconds. The hood cover it but it does give the filter a small path for more air. I could be interested in your system but for me the price is steep for most likely a marginal gain. I have also re-worked the stock housing slightly but slightly is all that can be done on the OEM. I find it more impressive to run a stock car that turns fantastic times over a car with mods. I have as of yet seen any other Base stock C7 here that turns a better time and even others with some mods. People just don't believe that my car is in stock form. Also here in California this product would be not legal for street use and would void my warranty. Yes your product looks and seem like it is fantastic and would be my choice if I could justify it.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:28 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

I would volunteer my 2015 Z06 A8 for beta testing down the 1/4 mile if there is a version for the Z06.. I currently have a Halltech Intake.

Last edited by Kouasupra; 09-28-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:13 AM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
I would volunteer my 2015 Z06 A8 for beta testing down the 1/4 mile if there is a version for the Z06.. I currently have a Halltech Intake.
The LT-4 version gains considerably more power than the LT-1 model.

The following users liked this post:
Kouasupra (09-29-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 10:00 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

When will VR-TCR2016-17 be available??
Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 AM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BRCC
When will VR-TCR2016-17 be available??
LT-1 versions are available now. LT-4 version will be soon.

VR tech
Old 09-28-2017, 10:46 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

The LT-4 version gains considerably more power than the LT-1 model.

Can you guys test the green filter stock and with the veraram? LT1 and z06.

Last edited by spinkick; 09-28-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:22 PM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

When we start a development project at Vararam we start by modifying the stock parts. See how the ECM reacts, how the car drives and obviously to measure any performance gain or loss that may happen as a result.
Then We begin flow testing on a Flow bench using the manifold /head and throttle body as one unit just as they would be on the vehicle. This helps us to locate any obvious restrictions and to measure stock flow performance VS the flow required for the HP desired.
Here is just “some” of what we did with the C-7’s stock airbox combination -We modified the stock box by removing the screen, cutting off the upper filter brace, tried stock filters VS the Green filter vs one off custom race filters vs NO filter at all. Data logged back to back using EFI live, ran 0-60 times, ¼ mile times using a G-tech and a GPS data logging system as a secondary backup. We tested like this on several C-7s logging almost 1,000 data log files when the cars first became available to the public.
We always do this type of testing so that we know what can be done for free or for very little money. From this point, is where our development truly starts. We have to beat all of those modifications by substantial enough margins to justify selling a product to a customer or we will not produce a product.
That is why we are able to guarantee the performance of all of our products. We know what they do and how they perform against other company’s products or fee /cheap modifications etc.…
This would be a good example for your question: Your car has a stock LT-1 with a heavily modified stock box and high flow filter and you gained, let’s say 8-10hp from those mods. Now you do the same mods to your buddy’s car and he/she loses 8-10 hp, YES, LOSES HP…. now what? You have destroyed the expensive stock box and your buddy is less than happy because now his/her car is down on power. Not a good position to be in. Your left trying to figure out what went wrong.
Now if we can get your LT-1 another 8-10hp OVER your existing airbox and filter mods while also adding more consistent real-world performance by drawing cool air from a high-pressure zone that does add more power when the vehicle is moving, and guarantee the performance. That seems like it is worth the extra money and peace of mind to me and that’s why we built it.
VR tech

Get notified of new replies

To Vararam C7 True Cold Air!!!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:49 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

When we start a development project at Vararam we start by modifying the stock parts. See how the ECM reacts, how the car drives and obviously to measure any performance gain or loss that may happen as a result.
Then We begin flow testing on a Flow bench using the manifold /head and throttle body as one unit just as they would be on the vehicle. This helps us to locate any obvious restrictions and to measure stock flow performance VS the flow required for the HP desired.
Here is just “some” of what we did with the C-7’s stock airbox combination -We modified the stock box by removing the screen, cutting off the upper filter brace, tried stock filters VS the Green filter vs one off custom race filters vs NO filter at all. Data logged back to back using EFI live, ran 0-60 times, ¼ mile times using a G-tech and a GPS data logging system as a secondary backup. We tested like this on several C-7s logging almost 1,000 data log files when the cars first became available to the public.
We always do this type of testing so that we know what can be done for free or for very little money. From this point, is where our development truly starts. We have to beat all of those modifications by substantial enough margins to justify selling a product to a customer or we will not produce a product.
That is why we are able to guarantee the performance of all of our products. We know what they do and how they perform against other company’s products or fee /cheap modifications etc.…
This would be a good example for your question: Your car has a stock LT-1 with a heavily modified stock box and high flow filter and you gained, let’s say 8-10hp from those mods. Now you do the same mods to your buddy’s car and he/she loses 8-10 hp, YES, LOSES HP…. now what? You have destroyed the expensive stock box and your buddy is less than happy because now his/her car is down on power. Not a good position to be in. Your left trying to figure out what went wrong.
Now if we can get your LT-1 another 8-10hp OVER your existing airbox and filter mods while also adding more consistent real-world performance by drawing cool air from a high-pressure zone that does add more power when the vehicle is moving, and guarantee the performance. That seems like it is worth the extra money and peace of mind to me and that’s why we built it.
VR tech
That sounds great. So you must have the data somewhere where you have the higher flowing filter in the stock box then taking your setup in the same car, what improvements did you see? That way, we know we are buying the power coming from the tube and box that takes in cold air, and not just a high flow filter getting all the gains. Does that make sense?

We know the green filter gives you real world gains, so we are trying to see what your system does above and beyond what the green filter can do.

I'm not trying to discredit you or anything, i just want to justify the $, becauase honestly the big draw for me would be the induction sound that you get from a CAI. Can you hear the induction vs the very quiet OEM?

Last edited by spinkick; 09-28-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:37 PM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by spinkick
That sounds great. So you must have the data somewhere where you have the higher flowing filter in the stock box then taking your setup in the same car, what improvements did you see? That way, we know we are buying the power coming from the tube and box that takes in cold air, and not just a high flow filter getting all the gains. Does that make sense?

We know the green filter gives you real world gains, so we are trying to see what your system does above and beyond what the green filter can do.

I'm not trying to discredit you or anything, i just want to justify the $, becauase honestly the big draw for me would be the induction sound that you get from a CAI. Can you hear the induction vs the very quiet OEM?
We are working with our web guys to get all of the data laid out and posted up. Our web guys are just behind and are slowly starting to get back up to speed after Harvey.
Look for a complete web page update with data and more video soon.
VR tech
Old 10-04-2017, 10:53 AM
VaraRam Industries
Supporting Vendor

Default Vararam TCR C7 dyno testing video

Facebook Post

Quick Reply: Vararam C7 True Cold Air!!!