Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Old 01-03-2015, 05:16 PM
  #41  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 10,046
Thanked 925 Times in 531 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Got anything nifty on how to replace the PDR? I'm getting ready to add a camera up in the PDR slot and I'd like to know how big a hammer and what blade to use on my Saw'Z All.


Since Helms keeps moving the release date, my access to the manuals is sorely lacking!

Elmer
eboggs_jkvl is online now  
Old 01-07-2015, 05:47 PM
  #42  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 10,046
Thanked 925 Times in 531 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
Got anything nifty on how to replace the PDR? I'm getting ready to add a camera up in the PDR slot and I'd like to know how big a hammer and what blade to use on my Saw'Z All.


Since Helms keeps moving the release date, my access to the manuals is sorely lacking!

Elmer

Well, I've got the camera. Still need the Saw'Z All blade size to R/R the PDR camera.

Theta? Anything?
eboggs_jkvl is online now  
Old 01-07-2015, 06:01 PM
  #43  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Put away the Sawzall!

We've been discussing this in another thread, unless you already have a '15 with the PDR. I've seen you in that thread, though, so there's not much new.

If you need the schematics, I can see what I can do. For a retrofit, we need BCM control, and don't have it yet (and probably won't for a good long while).

As for the manuals, I've been trying to tell everyone... But some didn't want to believe it. That's why I spend so much time putting things together for both public posts and PMs.

Sorry if I'm missing posts and PMs - busy time of year.
Theta is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 PM
  #44  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 10,046
Thanked 925 Times in 531 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Put away the Sawzall!

We've been discussing this in another thread, unless you already have a '15 with the PDR. I've seen you in that thread, though, so there's not much new.

If you need the schematics, I can see what I can do. For a retrofit, we need BCM control, and don't have it yet (and probably won't for a good long while).

As for the manuals, I've been trying to tell everyone... But some didn't want to believe it. That's why I spend so much time putting things together for both public posts and PMs.

Sorry if I'm missing posts and PMs - busy time of year.
I know I can't retrofit the PDR but I have a camera small enough to fit inside of the PDR space on my 2014. I'm simply going to run a regular dash cam that can be viewed via wifi on my iPhone and record as long as the engine is running. Taking the PDR area apart to install the camera I have is my goal.

I was teasing about the Saw'Z All. I know a chain saw is easier to get in there!



Elmer
eboggs_jkvl is online now  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
  #45  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Dremel reinforced cut-off wheel on a flex adapter works wonders inside the cabin, not that I'd know....
Theta is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 AM
  #46  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 10,046
Thanked 925 Times in 531 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Dremel reinforced cut-off wheel on a flex adapter works wonders inside the cabin, not that I'd know....

Yup, I wouldn't know that either!
eboggs_jkvl is online now  
Old 01-09-2015, 09:09 PM
  #47  
mcginna
CF Member
 
mcginna's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2014
Location: Continental OH
Posts: 63
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default C7 Seat Removal

Theta,
Would you have instructions/photo's on seat removal from a 1LT? I reviewed one post, but it did not have any pic's. I want to re-form the bottom seat bolsters to make less of a dent on my fat leg when I drive it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-leg-pain.html

Thanks!

Last edited by mcginna; 01-09-2015 at 09:14 PM.
mcginna is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 09:25 PM
  #48  
balpo
Junior Member
 
Member Since: May 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Dremel reinforced cut-off wheel on a flex adapter works wonders inside the cabin, not that I'd know....
GM - if you are listening - Theta is the reason I might abandon my Porsche and buy a Vette. Folks who teach like him and show folks like me how to do it made my previous buying decisions easy. So, GM please understand - the product counts a whole lot - but, without a real techno user community I'm not buying. So, please look out for, aid and abet folks like Theta. Thanks for listening.
balpo is offline  
Old 01-10-2015, 12:35 PM
  #49  
Car54
CF Senior Member
 
Car54's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Leesville South Carolina
Posts: 199
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Default rear view mirror removal

Theta---can you do a how to on rear view mirror removal on C7 coupe? Installing radar detector mount using invisicord and mount from Great Lakes Trophies.

thanks

bill
Car54 is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 06:07 AM
  #50  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Originally Posted by mcginna View Post
Theta,
Would you have instructions/photo's on seat removal from a 1LT? I reviewed one post, but it did not have any pic's. I want to re-form the bottom seat bolsters to make less of a dent on my fat leg when I drive it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-leg-pain.html

Thanks!
Yes sir, sorry for the delay!

See here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ease-read.html


Originally Posted by balpo View Post
GM - if you are listening - Theta is the reason I might abandon my Porsche and buy a Vette. Folks who teach like him and show folks like me how to do it made my previous buying decisions easy. So, GM please understand - the product counts a whole lot - but, without a real techno user community I'm not buying. So, please look out for, aid and abet folks like Theta. Thanks for listening.
Wow, that's really high praise - I'm honored that you feel that way. Makes helping a lot of people here (in public and private) that much more fun.

Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Theta---can you do a how to on rear view mirror removal on C7 coupe? Installing radar detector mount using invisicord and mount from Great Lakes Trophies.

thanks

bill
Sure, Bill!

I sent a manual walk-through for trim panel removals via PM for member 48supertruck, who then did an excellent picture-based step-by-step guide that will illustrate removing the top portion and mirror quickly and easily for you!

His thread is here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...th-photos.html
Theta is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 AM
  #51  
48supertruck
CF Senior Member
 
48supertruck's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: Valencia CA
Posts: 645
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Hi Theta, I used your how to today for my suede steering wheel swap. Thank you posting the info. Scott
48supertruck is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 12:21 AM
  #52  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Originally Posted by 48supertruck View Post
Hi Theta, I used your how to today for my suede steering wheel swap. Thank you posting the info. Scott
Thanks, Scott! I should be thanking you for the detailed pictures you've been taking on all your replacement threads! That's helped a ton of people out to actually see the parts first-hand.

I need to do that steering wheel mod, myself, (looks great and the cost is very reasonable) along with the suede panels and roll bar, etc. when it's just a tad warmer out.
Theta is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 04:31 PM
  #53  
Car54
CF Senior Member
 
Car54's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Leesville South Carolina
Posts: 199
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Default ISRVM removal

Thanks Theta and 48supertruck. The pictures and narrative on removing the rearview mirror were perfect. I really appreciate it.

bill
Car54 is offline  
Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 PM
  #54  
soulsea
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
soulsea's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant SC
Posts: 1,504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 274 Times in 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default

Hi,

Sorry if I missed this but is there a 'how to' on how to remove the outside mirror assembly?

I just need to remove the upper part above the joint in the arm.

Thanks.
soulsea is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:16 AM
  #55  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Hi,

Sorry if I missed this but is there a 'how to' on how to remove the outside mirror assembly?

I just need to remove the upper part above the joint in the arm.

Thanks.
Sure, I can put this together - just give me a day or two if possible. Beautiful car, by the way.
Theta is offline  
Old 01-25-2015, 10:22 PM
  #56  
soulsea
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
soulsea's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant SC
Posts: 1,504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 274 Times in 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Sure, I can put this together - just give me a day or two if possible. Beautiful car, by the way.
I appreciate the help ... and thank you.
soulsea is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 08:42 PM
  #57  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

Doing it right now - thanks for your patience.
Theta is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 09:47 PM
  #58  
soulsea
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
soulsea's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant SC
Posts: 1,504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 274 Times in 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Doing it right now - thanks for your patience.
I'm in no position to press ... I'm honestly just grateful that you're even taking the time to help me.

I have a side question if I may ...

I bought and sent out a spare set of the Z06 front textured plastic fender extensions to be sanded and color-matched by a specialist paint shop. I was wondering if once I get them back, swapping them is going to be an ordeal or if I could impose on you further for a quick 'how to' for that as well?

Just looking at them it doesn't look too complicated but I'm wondering if I'm going to have to remove the aero spats that connect to the front splitter to do it.

Thanks again.

soulsea is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 PM
  #59  
Theta
Tech Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Theta's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Default

No worries - more than happy to help out a new Z06 owner!

Pictures uploading now.

Regarding the front extensions, I believe they are held in by the normal press fasteners - nothing special, and no more difficult than swapping the stock splash shields.
Theta is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 PM
  #60  
soulsea
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
soulsea's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant SC
Posts: 1,504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 274 Times in 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16
Default

Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Regarding the front extensions, I believe they are held in by the normal press fasteners - nothing special, and no more difficult than swapping the stock splash shields.
Where the extensions wedge between the fender and the spats is what I'm worried about. Am I mistaken in thinking I can't get that trim piece out without removing the spats?




Last edited by soulsea; 01-26-2015 at 10:03 PM.
soulsea is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: