C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old & New Battery Jumper Packs....

Old 09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Old & New Battery Jumper Packs....

I've seen these new, small battery jumper packs but didn't give them a 2nd thought until I saw one in use at Corvettes at Carlisle. A new Stingray had a dead battery and I watched a GM guy jump start it with his Micro-Start XP-1. I asked if it could jump another dead battery and he told me this was the sixth battery jump start without re-charging the unit. That was it for me, had to have one.
Notice the size difference between my old unit that weighs 17.5 pounds and the 14 ounce Micro-Start. The units retail for about $170 but you can find them on the Internet for $100 or less. I paid $95.99 for my unit. It comes with a carrying case, two chargers (110V and 12-volt) and a bunch of connectors to power various things like cell phones, tablets and so on.
Attached Images   
Old 09-05-2014, 04:24 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thats what we use around the shop here! it will fit in your pocket! i have started a old 350 with a 100$ dead batt with that little guy!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:05 PM
yonson
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw the small one on the Snap-On truck not too long ago, but it only had a 1 year warranty, so for now I'll stick with my big one until it fails...
Old 09-05-2014, 06:55 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I have had one of the larger ones I bought at Carlisle years ago I keep it plugged in all the time.

It beats getting another vehicle and a set of cables out only to find the cables won't reach or is in a garage with no way to get at it.

Best 50 bucks I even spent it still works fine nearly 10 years later.

Mine is the large yellow kind you see at harbor fright, it has no air pump just the plain starter.

Get notified of new replies

To Old & New Battery Jumper Packs....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Old & New Battery Jumper Packs....