C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 afterthought Nav-yes, you can have Nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Vett2013
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default C7 afterthought Nav-yes, you can have Nav

A few days ago I asked if anyone knew if Factory Navigation could be installed on the C7 after you took delivery. Well the answer is yes you can. One of our Members (artjay) gave me a web address and the company name, so I checked on the subject matter.

I called and talked with Tyler Gomez from the company OEM AutoParts He and I discussed my issue and Tyler informed me that his company OME makes a replacement 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette IO6 MyLink® GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade, and this would make my system just like factory navigation would be at a very low price.

The cost was $1299.99 so I ordered one. Received the new I06 MY Link system in the mail within 4days later and installed it the next day. Well it works just like the factory navigation system works. The MyLink upgrade is great, very easy to install (video installing system on their web site) During the install I had a hard time getting the old unit out because of space in the floorboard, I called and talked with Tyler and went back removing system. My Grandson, 10 yrs old, got into the front drivers floor board and reached up and with his small hands pulled the system out.

I installed the new box and ran the cable as explained in the video and had the new system in and running with 30mins. Works great. I have ALL the factory system to include, of course, integration with the HUD, instrument cluster, sound system and voice recognition.

I spoke again with Tyler and asked if other members could received the upgraded system for a discount, so he gave the corvette forum members a 15% discount and extended the warranty to 90days vice 30. I received the system with the discount and extended warranty.

Tyler gave the corvette forum the discount using a code to type-in at the end of ordering. Tyler created the discount code "oemvette” for all our corvetteforum.com members!

If you have any question PM me and I will try to answer. The “ oemautopartsco.com” is the internet address... You can call Tyler or just order on line with discount code. But it does work! Call them or check their web page for all the details.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/patriot.gif
The following 3 users liked this post by Vett2013:
bsedwebt (12-16-2017), Guppies (05-20-2017), tomboy257 (02-25-2018)
Old 01-15-2015, 01:41 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Good to know, thanks for the info
Old 01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great info! Thanks for sharing
Old 01-15-2015, 02:42 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

If PDR retro could be that simple!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:50 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

I wonder if this company could do it?
Old 01-15-2015, 03:16 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

I just sent an email on the PDR. I noticed that they are closed on Thursdays so I don't look for a quick reply.

Elmer
Old 01-15-2015, 08:20 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Good to know, if you forgot to order it or purchased a used car then this is a good option.

I think you don't get the OnStar send to Nav as well as MapQuest send to Nav feature. Most won't care but I love sending the address to my NAV the night before so I just hop in and go.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:29 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

So , I f you have the UQT - Performance Data & Video Recorder
Can you still install this NAV unit???
Old 01-17-2015, 12:10 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cajunboyz
So , I f you have the UQT - Performance Data & Video Recorder
Can you still install this NAV unit???
If you have PDR, you have NAV. Why would you want to install this?
Old 01-17-2015, 12:19 PM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I just sent an email on the PDR. I noticed that they are closed on Thursdays so I don't look for a quick reply.

Elmer
Elmer, have you heard anything yet about the PDR?
Old 01-17-2015, 12:29 PM
cajunboyz
Pro

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
If you have PDR, you have NAV. Why would you want to install this?

Just questioning as to not sure whats alls on certain options, So if ya have the PDR, you have NAG.?
If you bought a 2LT & it did NOT have Nav/PDR, Can you install this option from OEM Auto Parts with no troubles & have just like factory?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:05 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cajunboyz
Just questioning as to not sure whats alls on certain options, So if ya have the PDR, you have NAG.?
If you bought a 2LT & it did NOT have Nav/PDR, Can you install this option from OEM Auto Parts with no troubles & have just like factory?
On a 2015, if you have PDR then you have NAV. You can't get them separate. No one has installed the OEM PDR yet after the fact.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:09 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by 2015VETTE
Elmer, have you heard anything yet about the PDR?

There was a response and it was something to the order of "Whachu talkin 'bout Willis?".

My email to them was too Corvetteish and had acronyms. I think he got confused at PDR and stuff. I responded to his confused reply in more civilized English and explained the PDR concept without acronyms.

I again await his reply.

Elmer
Old 01-18-2015, 08:35 AM
2015VETTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
There was a response and it was something to the order of "Whachu talkin 'bout Willis?".

My email to them was too Corvetteish and had acronyms. I think he got confused at PDR and stuff. I responded to his confused reply in more civilized English and explained the PDR concept without acronyms.

I again await his reply.

Elmer
That's funny! keep us posted!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:45 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Got another response from them:

Sorry for the delay. But my techs have informed me that if you don’t currently have the PDR feature, the IO6 navigation upgrade will not provide it.

It will support it if you currently do.

No joy in Muddville!

GM made this update really a challenge.

Elmer
Old 01-20-2015, 09:24 AM
2015VETTE
Instructor

I'm not to surprised by his response! Kinda figured it wouldn't be that simple!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:26 PM
kartcon
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outstanding Product!

I ordered my replacement radio and had it sitting on my bench within four days. Installation was not hard, but a bit challenging for my tall, lanky body. I could see everything I needed to touch, but had a tough time getting positioned to actually reach it. Total install time was under an hour, with no snags or 'Oh crap' moments. The installation video they have on their site is spot on.

The unit booted up, got a satellite signal and displayed a map within 1 minute on the initial startup, and has worked perfectly on our maiden test run. It does everything they said it would do and integrates with all the Corvette systems perfectly. This is 100% worth every penny. If you have been on the fence about purchasing this, click [Submit] and place your order! You wont be disappointed.

kartcon
2015 LT2 Stingray
The following users liked this post:
bsedwebt (12-16-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 afterthought Nav-yes, you can have Nav

Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Guppies
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'14, '21

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Vett2013
A few days ago I asked if anyone knew if Factory Navigation could be installed on the C7 after you took delivery. Well the answer is yes you can. One of our Members (artjay) gave me a web address and the company name, so I checked on the subject matter.

I called and talked with Tyler Gomez from the company OEM AutoParts He and I discussed my issue and Tyler informed me that his company OME makes a replacement 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette IO6 MyLink® GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade, and this would make my system just like factory navigation would be at a very low price.

The cost was $1299.99 so I ordered one. Received the new I06 MY Link system in the mail within 4days later and installed it the next day. Well it works just like the factory navigation system works. The MyLink upgrade is great, very easy to install (video installing system on their web site) During the install I had a hard time getting the old unit out because of space in the floorboard, I called and talked with Tyler and went back removing system. My Grandson, 10 yrs old, got into the front drivers floor board and reached up and with his small hands pulled the system out.

I installed the new box and ran the cable as explained in the video and had the new system in and running with 30mins. Works great. I have ALL the factory system to include, of course, integration with the HUD, instrument cluster, sound system and voice recognition.

I spoke again with Tyler and asked if other members could received the upgraded system for a discount, so he gave the corvette forum members a 15% discount and extended the warranty to 90days vice 30. I received the system with the discount and extended warranty.

Tyler gave the corvette forum the discount using a code to type-in at the end of ordering. Tyler created the discount code "oemvette” for all our corvetteforum.com members!

If you have any question PM me and I will try to answer. The “ oemautopartsco.com” is the internet address... You can call Tyler or just order on line with discount code. But it does work! Call them or check their web page for all the details.
The discount still works. Just ordered for 2016 Z. Dealer service rep said no such thing. Dealer manager confirmed OEM and said the would install. Miss traffic, info on HUD that was in '14.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:06 AM
jabeasley1
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 124 Posts

For those of you who did the install, I have a question as I have been looking at this for quiet some time. The only thing that appears a little challenging to me (even after watching the video) is the GPS/Antenna under the top speaker. Did you guys have to pull the pillar completely off or what was the solution? Thanks
Old 08-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Vett2013

How does this install affect the vehicle warranty?

Quick Reply: C7 afterthought Nav-yes, you can have Nav