C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing headers review. No COL (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Dangerous Don
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default American Racing headers review. No COL (with video)

Okay guys n gals, I finished installing my American Racing 1-7/8 long tube headers with off road x-pipe on my '15 a8 z51 the other night, which is my only upgrade to the car, and all I can say is "holy s#it it is loud". I have it run to my factory npp axle back which is quite nice as I can put the car in stealth mode and it is completely silent, besides that when just cruising around there is very little to no "drone" and it is just pretty quiet when cruising on the interstate, until you mash the throttle that is.

For those who have been contemplating this exhaust I highly recommend it, as even with the off road x-pipe (no cats) I do not have a check engine light. This being because to ARH includes a spot for the rear o2 sensors with extensions for all 4 o2's. So if you were sitting here worried about the check engine light being on, it is something you won't have to worry about.

This car sounds absolutely amazing, especially when shifting insanely fast.

I went to Mexico for a little dig race with my buddy who has a '15 BMW M4, car has off road downpipes, cold air intakes (twin turbo car) and a tune.

Previously when we were both stock my car pulled the m4 by 1 car length from a 35-160 roll race. We both completed our upgrades, and he has put his on the dyno producing just under 500whp, I have not dyno'd my car yet as the only upgrade is the ARH exhaust and I am not tuned.

Here is a video of our dig race from last night, keep in mind that I did get the hit, so I beat him a little worse than I would have without getting the hit, but that's here nor there. Also from a roll race 40-100 I pulled by 1 car again like when we were stock, unfortunately we didn't get that on video.

Now listen to this beautiful exhaust, check out those super crisp shifts!

2015 c7 Corvette z51 vs 2015 BMW M4: http://youtu.be/UZRy2e8aAVg

Last edited by Dangerous Don; 04-07-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Car sounds fantastic, viva la mexico

You aren't out of the woods yet as far as the CEL is concerned. Long tubes move the O2 further downstream from their OEM location which causes them to not maintain proper temp nor will they heat up quick enough which can trigger codes.

If you look at where the O2 sensors are on the ARH mid lengths vs the LT you will notice the difference.

This is a different issue from just not having a spot to put the rear O2s in, so you had to tune them out to not throw codes.

Some people don't throw codes for days/weeks, so keep an eye out.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Dangerous Don
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely keep am eye out for the CEL, although I have already put about 300miles or so on the car since install with no CEL at this time. I did buy a Diablo which I plan on installing shortly and having Diablew do a custom tune for me, so no worries either way.

Get notified of new replies

To American Racing headers review. No COL (with video)

Quick Reply: American Racing headers review. No COL (with video)