C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need directions to remove outside mirror covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:36 PM
qictrk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need directions to remove outside mirror covers

Does anyone have a write up on a "how to" on this? I believe that it doesn't matter what model because outside mirrors are all the same. I saw the write up of how to remove the entire mirror, but I'm hoping that I don't need to do that. I've ordered CF covers and looking for instructions. Cecil...............
Old 06-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Cecil, another member completed this a few days ago.

While he wasn't able to take pictures, he may be able to describe the process a bit better for you. Here's the thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pport-arm.html
Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 PM
qictrk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Theta
Cecil, another member completed this a few days ago.

While he wasn't able to take pictures, he may be able to describe the process a bit better for you. Here's the thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pport-arm.html
Thanks Theta, looks like I have to remove the mirror from the inside. Was hoping I didn't have to, but at least I now know. Cecil...............
Old 06-22-2015, 10:46 AM
berryvette
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by qictrk
Thanks Theta, looks like I have to remove the mirror from the inside. Was hoping I didn't have to, but at least I now know. Cecil...............
If you are just replacing the mirror housing and not the support arm it is a very simple process.

Step one is use a plastic pry tool or wrap a rag around a screw driver. Tilt the bottom of the mirror inward and place the pry tool behind the mirror frame at the top and gently pry the mirror away from the housing and it will pop out. There will be a wiring clip attached to the mirror that will need to be unclipped and this will remove the mirror completely.

Step two is to remove the mirror actuator by remove the 3 screws on the outer edge of the actuator frame and then the wiring clip behind it.

Step three is two remove the 2 screws which hold the mirror housing to the inner support frame on one side and there will be a third screw on the opposite side holding a small plastic cover plate.

Step four is to rotate the mirror on the support arm to reach two torx screws that are hidden underneath,(by the support arm) once these are removed the mirror housing will slide of the internal frame support and you can install the new one. Just work backwards on the installation and your done.

Also when putting the mirror back be sure to align the mirror up on the actuator with the bottom lined up first and press it in until it pops back into place. I did both mirrors in less than an hour. Take your time.

Hopes this helps.
The following users liked this post:
MarZZ (08-06-2021)
Old 06-22-2015, 12:27 PM
qictrk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by berryvette
If you are just replacing the mirror housing and not the support arm it is a very simple process.

Step one is use a plastic pry tool or wrap a rag around a screw driver. Tilt the bottom of the mirror inward and place the pry tool behind the mirror frame at the top and gently pry the mirror away from the housing and it will pop out. There will be a wiring clip attached to the mirror that will need to be unclipped and this will remove the mirror completely.

Step two is to remove the mirror actuator by remove the 3 screws on the outer edge of the actuator frame and then the wiring clip behind it.

Step three is two remove the 2 screws which hold the mirror housing to the inner support frame on one side and there will be a third screw on the opposite side holding a small plastic cover plate.

Step four is to rotate the mirror on the support arm to reach two torx screws that are hidden underneath,(by the support arm) once these are removed the mirror housing will slide of the internal frame support and you can install the new one. Just work backwards on the installation and your done.

Also when putting the mirror back be sure to align the mirror up on the actuator with the bottom lined up first and press it in until it pops back into place. I did both mirrors in less than an hour. Take your time.

Hopes this helps.
Thank you. Yes, I'm doing the housing. Putting CF in place. Cecil................
Old 06-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Thanks, berryvette!! That's exactly what I was hoping for, and thanks for typing it out.

I'll add this to the How-To.

Cecil, if you'd be willing to take some pics while doing this, I will also add those.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 PM
qictrk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Theta
Thanks, berryvette!! That's exactly what I was hoping for, and thanks for typing it out.

I'll add this to the How-To.

Cecil, if you'd be willing to take some pics while doing this, I will also add those.
Ok Theta. The part won't be here for probably a couple of weeks and I will try to document the pictures as best I can. Cecil............

Get notified of new replies

To Need directions to remove outside mirror covers

Quick Reply: Need directions to remove outside mirror covers