C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO Heavy duty front z51 rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default ISO Heavy duty front z51 rotors

I really want to keep the hawk street race pads I have on, does anyone know of a rotor that will tame these pads?
Old 07-27-2015, 01:56 PM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Received 296 Likes on 155 Posts

I have Hawk DTC60's and the Z51 rotors can't take them on the street. So far I just change the pads in and out every track day. Z51 rotors are really soft metal as you and I have found out. I have run PFC rotors with Hawk DTC60's on my GT-R and never any issues and never need to swap pads out. But PFC does not make any rotors for the C7, last I checked.

Call Jeff at Essex Racing to see about rotors from AP Racing. They are excellent.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:21 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by descartesfool
I have Hawk DTC60's and the Z51 rotors can't take them on the street. So far I just change the pads in and out every track day. Z51 rotors are really soft metal as you and I have found out. I have run PFC rotors with Hawk DTC60's on my GT-R and never any issues and never need to swap pads out. But PFC does not make any rotors for the C7, last I checked.

Call Jeff at Essex Racing to see about rotors from AP Racing. They are excellent.
Just got off the phone with Matt from Essex, they have c7z51 fronts, J - Hooks? , he said these will not let me down! $1298, anybody else? Thanks
Old 07-27-2015, 08:23 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

After a few hours of calling around descartesfool hit the nail on the head, z51 rotors are best for stock pads. The good news is their are many midrange rotors that will work well with the hawk streetrace pads I have , Essex also has a line much cheaper than the ap line. I really did not want to spend $1298 to run a midrange pad, thanks

Get notified of new replies

To ISO Heavy duty front z51 rotors

Quick Reply: ISO Heavy duty front z51 rotors