C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablew Tune Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:49 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default Diablew Tune Dyno

Anybody ever dyno a Diablew tune?

I know a few people have posted results from the canned Diablo tunes but I couldn't find anyone who dyno'd Lew's tune.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:38 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

curious as well as I'm interested in the gains over the canned tune.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:53 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I've had people report dyno results to me in the past with gains of 12-30 hp... depending on fuel used, mods, weather, etc...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-13-2015, 02:19 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I've had people report dyno results to me in the past with gains of 12-30 hp... depending on fuel used, mods, weather, etc...
On a C7 or is that like in general on cars you tune?
Old 08-13-2015, 02:40 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Vette's in general...

don't think I've had any C7-specific users report...

The last C7 I did a few days ago, owner had this to say: "Got the tune installed on the C7 last night and finally had a chance to take it out and drive it today. WOW!!! It's like a completely different car! ...feels more like a Z06 than a regular Stingray. I don't know what it is you do, but your custom tune makes a night and day difference in the car, even over the Diablo 93 Octane tune which I thought was a pretty significant upgrade over stock. Needless to say I am very happy with the results! Thanks again!"

which pretty much mirrors other statements I've gotten from all other c7 owners I've done tunes for...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-13-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:51 PM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Vette's in general...

The last C7 I did a few days ago, owner had this to say: "Got the tune installed on the C7 last night and finally had a chance to take it out and drive it today. WOW!!! It's like a completely different car! ...feels more like a Z06 than a regular Stingray. I don't know what it is you do, but your custom tune makes a night and day difference in the car, even over the Diablo 93 Octane tune which I thought was a pretty significant upgrade over stock. Needless to say I am very happy with the results! Thanks again!"
Yep I saw him make the same comment somewhere on the board as well.

I have no doubt that it will feel a lot better, but if I am going to commit to (possibly) throwing my warranty away I want the 1/4 mile gains to be worth it, that's all. I haven't found any back to back passes or dyno pulls comparing stock to your tune or to the canned tune so I figured I would make a thread.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:57 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Old 08-13-2015, 04:07 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 10mm_
Yep I saw him make the same comment somewhere on the board as well.

I have no doubt that it will feel a lot better, but if I am going to commit to (possibly) throwing my warranty away I want the 1/4 mile gains to be worth it, that's all. I haven't found any back to back passes or dyno pulls comparing stock to your tune or to the canned tune so I figured I would make a thread.
once again. diablo tunes/diablew lack dyno reports.

people say the tunes feel great. but i would rather have facts.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 PM
cobra502
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Vette's in general...

which pretty much mirrors other statements I've gotten from all other c7 owners I've done tunes for...

Lew,
I know you’re going to hate me, this but is the God’s awful truth. When you decided not to help me tuning for E85, saying you never used it and never will use it, I had no alternative but to go with someone else. This time around I chose to tune on a dyno instead email tuning. To make a long story short we first did dynos on the OEM tune from the factory vs the last tune you did for me. The results were your tune was 413.66hp/411.25tq and the stock tune was 417.37hp/418.40tq. Then the tuner retuned with his changes and got 424.26hp/424.96tq. I guess all email tunes are not equal.

I’m not trying to “dis” you, I just wanted to tell my story and what I have found out about email tuning for the forum. I too (using the seat of the pants test) thought I was getting somewhere. You don’t really know what you have until you put it on a dyno. There was a significant difference between your tune and theirs (seat of the pants and otherwise). I guess this your first "C7-specific users report...".

By the way, I picked up another 23hp/20tq with E85 (actually E65 for the test) and an E85 tune.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

I don't hate you man... There are no e85 tables in the tune file with diablos software, therefore, there is nothing I can do for e85 period. Those are not flex fuel vehicles, therefore there are no e85 specific tables in the tune file to do anything with. So no, I do not tune these cars for e85, don't know how e85 runs/affects things in these cars, so can't do it...

And no, I don't use e85,theres none of that corn juice here in CT haha, so I don't even have it to run in anything to test things out, so no, I don't use it and I don't tune for it.

Glad you were able to find someone that could for you though.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:24 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
once again. diablo tunes/diablew lack dyno reports.

people say the tunes feel great. but i would rather have facts.

There is far more to tunes than just HP gains. Driveabilty, throttle response, shifting (in ATs) etc.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
cobra502
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't hate you man... There are no e85 tables in the tune file with diablos software, therefore, there is nothing I can do for e85 period. Those are not flex fuel vehicles, therefore there are no e85 specific tables in the tune file to do anything with. So no, I do not tune these cars for e85, don't know how e85 runs/affects things in these cars, so can't do it...

And no, I don't use e85,theres none of that corn juice here in CT haha, so I don't even have it to run in anything to test things out, so no, I don't use it and I don't tune for it.

Glad you were able to find someone that could for you though.

Thanks Lew. You're absolutely right about Diablo's software, thats why I had to go to HP Tuners. It was fun while it lasted.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:12 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3
There is far more to tunes than just HP gains. Driveabilty, throttle response, shifting (in ATs) etc.
yes i understand that, i am pretty big on getting my car tuned. I use to drive a heavily modded LS3 camaro.

My problem is that diablo says the tune is worth 30WHP, but we as a forum lack real before and after dyno runs.

Heres the thing. My local shop (livernois motorsport) with a custom tuned C7 were able to make 30WHP over stock. I trust them, and therefore i know its possible to get this gains.

for now i will want and see.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:47 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes i understand that, i am pretty big on getting my car tuned. I use to drive a heavily modded LS3 camaro.

My problem is that diablo says the tune is worth 30WHP, but we as a forum lack real before and after dyno runs.

Heres the thing. My local shop (livernois motorsport) with a custom tuned C7 were able to make 30WHP over stock. I trust them, and therefore i know its possible to get this gains.

Yes, 30hp is a bit "optimistic".
Old 08-13-2015, 10:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra502
Lew,
I know you’re going to hate me, this but is the God’s awful truth. When you decided not to help me tuning for E85, saying you never used it and never will use it, I had no alternative but to go with someone else. This time around I chose to tune on a dyno instead email tuning. To make a long story short we first did dynos on the OEM tune from the factory vs the last tune you did for me. The results were your tune was 413.66hp/411.25tq and the stock tune was 417.37hp/418.40tq. Then the tuner retuned with his changes and got 424.26hp/424.96tq. I guess all email tunes are not equal.

I’m not trying to “dis” you, I just wanted to tell my story and what I have found out about email tuning for the forum. I too (using the seat of the pants test) thought I was getting somewhere. You don’t really know what you have until you put it on a dyno. There was a significant difference between your tune and theirs (seat of the pants and otherwise). I guess this your first "C7-specific users report...".

By the way, I picked up another 23hp/20tq with E85 (actually E65 for the test) and an E85 tune.

Man the tuner did you a favor on not tuning your car. He could have done something really bad.

I done know him are you but can tell you if he dont know tuning with E-85 it was good he didnt. 99% of these guys out here at first got a tune from someone car then just started playing around chging this & that on you motor & call it a tune.

We all know in here no one tune will work the same on two diff cars even having the same parts in it. I have been taking by so many so called tuners it not even funny.

But am glad you got your car working good but sounds like you had someone that got you what you wanted.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Sound like good numbers from a custom tune.. We all know that the factory will leave HP on the table... Robert
Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

So the only Dyno result we have from a diablew tune is that it made 4 less hp than stock?

Get notified of new replies

To Diablew Tune Dyno

Old 08-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Cant look too far into that without seeing the curves...were there gains below peak power?
Was there evidence of knock up top?
Was there any logging done on the dyno?

I've said it a million times, using a dyno just to get numbers is a waste of time...
Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Cant look too far into that without seeing the curves...were there gains below peak power?

I've said it a million times, using a dyno just to get numbers is a waste of time...
yeah, I never saw any logs from any dyno pulls, so couldn't tell ya.. I got this info all after the fact, after it was already re-done by someone else.. so I have no idea what it looked like on the dyno..
Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport

I would like to see the graphs too, but I still have yet to see an independent dyno test or 1/4 mile comparison look good for diablo.

Isn't this a really popular tune for C7's? How come we don't see more real world test results? Maybe most of the people who actually race end up with HPT or EFI Live....

Quick Reply: Diablew Tune Dyno