C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody with RX Dual Valve Catch Can on SC'd C7?

Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anybody with RX Dual Valve Catch Can on SC'd C7?

Just wondering if anybody out there is running a RX dual valve catch can system on their supercharged C7? Preferably centrifugal (ECS, Procharger, or AA). Would like to see some pics of your install and get any feed back and your thoughts of how it all works together. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM
jspridge
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Earlier this year, I switched from LMR to the RX dual valve on my SC'd C7, in order to fully eliminate the fumes coming from the open breather system (the LMR revision kit didn't solve it). I may have been the first RX customer to take this on, as they needed pictures and a diagram of my LMR routing in order to map the conversion. After 1,500 miles with the RX can, I'm happy and I've had no problems and no fumes. I'll take some pictures of the install this weekend and post them in this thread.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:36 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jspridge
Earlier this year, I switched from LMR to the RX dual valve on my SC'd C7, in order to fully eliminate the fumes coming from the open breather system (the LMR revision kit didn't solve it). I may have been the first RX customer to take this on, as they needed pictures and a diagram of my LMR routing in order to map the conversion. After 1,500 miles with the RX can, I'm happy and I've had no problems and no fumes. I'll take some pictures of the install this weekend and post them in this thread.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jspridge
Sweet! That would be super helpful! Thanks! I am looking at a SC for my Stingray and already know that I'll have to relocate my RX catch can because as of now it is where the SC will go. Just wondering where you moved it to, what mount you used, and also if you can supply some picks of where the exit valve hose goes back into the intake tube. I'd like to order the system and install it all myself to start with if it is something I can handle. Eventually I will be adding headers and meth and a tune (probably by Vengeance), but will settle for just the SC for now if I can handle the install myself.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default Rx Catch Can

Originally Posted by StingerBG
Would like to see some pics

Update....After 3,000 miles, my catch can contained 5 ounces.

Last edited by Little Red Corvette1; 09-15-2015 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Updated operating data

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody with RX Dual Valve Catch Can on SC'd C7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody with RX Dual Valve Catch Can on SC'd C7?