C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 11:48 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We will have our Magnuson here for our Z06 next week for testing. We won't be installing until after the mid-September 1/2 mile event, but we will certainly show IAT and power comparisons once we have it on!

From what we have seen, the intercooler bricks are substantially larger than OEM and should greatly reduce IAT's seen with the stock supercharger, as well as a significant power gain with over 0.5 liters of additional displacement. There are others going the centrifugal route and removing the PD blower, but we want to keep the form and function of the Z06 as it was intended by GM while improving on its performance. Anyone can slap a centrifugal on and make power, but refining OEM packaging with a slightly larger supercharger is a very different ball game.

Stay tuned!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
We will have our Magnuson here for our Z06 next week for testing. We won't be installing until after the mid-September 1/2 mile event, but we will certainly show IAT and power comparisons once we have it on!

From what we have seen, the intercooler bricks are substantially larger than OEM and should greatly reduce IAT's seen with the stock supercharger, as well as a significant power gain with over 0.5 liters of additional displacement. There are others going the centrifugal route and removing the PD blower, but we want to keep the form and function of the Z06 as it was intended by GM while improving on its performance. Anyone can slap a centrifugal on and make power, but refining OEM packaging with a slightly larger supercharger is a very different ball game.

Stay tuned!
Definitly cannot get any worse. I am going to a centri on mine, seems like a waste of time to put another screw blower on it. 2200R and be done. The Whipple put down some great numbers on my truck, waiting to see how long the transmission lasts! Should be fun come winter.

Im curious to see the results you guys come up with. I have logged mine so I already know what it looks like stock. Ill be able to post a comparison of stock vs the 2200r once I get my intake made, finished machining the base plates and throttle body mount for it yesterday so it is onto the sheet metal work!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance

Stay tuned!
I'm excited to see it, to be honest.

If it wouldn't rip my entire drivetrain apart, I wouldn't be opposed to switching over to one if it really is as good as promised.

Also wouldn't mind having that cam you used in the shop Z06. This one is too quiet.

Last edited by Theta; 08-28-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-28-2015, 10:55 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
I'm excited to see it, to be honest.

If it wouldn't rip my entire drivetrain apart, I wouldn't be opposed to switching over to one if it really is as good as promised.

Also wouldn't mind having that cam you used in the show Z06. This one is too quiet.

I have personally witnessed the power and such of the magnuson on a zl1 camaro, obviously it's not the corvette version but could be very similar. With you wanting great tq down low theta. Maggie may be the way to go. I made 812 rwhp and 910 ft lbs tq at 15 psi.

That 910 ft lbs was at 3100 rpms. This was also on a lsx 427 to tho. Would love to see the results on vengeance car. And maybe you'll get one sean.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by on3wego
I have personally witnessed the power and such of the magnuson on a zl1 camaro, obviously it's not the corvette version but could be very similar. With you wanting great tq down low theta. Maggie may be the way to go. I made 812 rwhp and 910 ft lbs tq at 15 psi.

That 910 ft lbs was at 3100 rpms. This was also on a lsx 427 to tho. Would love to see the results on vengeance car. And maybe you'll get one sean.
The biggest obstacle is waiting on an underdrive pulley before these things can really be exploited.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:22 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Why is it that every time someone asks about an E-force or Magnuson blower, it turns into a "centrifugal vs pd blower" thread? It's pretty annoying to see it... I like both types of blowers and both have their advantages, but I will say, Callaway's blower runs very cool for being a pd blower (yes it has a triple intercooler system, but still very good for a pd blower).
Old 08-30-2015, 03:50 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

I would like to see some more pics of the Calloway blower. Guessing they have mounted a third IC about the supercharger but would like to see just how big it is. Is the housing their own or do they mod someone else's? Can't hurt to have more cooling, just need to ensure the water isn't flashing to steam in the IC(s).
Old 08-30-2015, 09:54 AM
mariofromnewyork
Late Model Domestics
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

https://www.procharger.com/procharge...1_supercharger
Old 08-30-2015, 03:06 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Procharger just need to size this one based on the F1X now.

Quick Reply: Magnuson Heartbeat Supercharger