C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 GUYS WITH KILLER 60FTS....what stall???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
This is the exact one that I purchased (it's a triple):

I went with the COAN converter in the c5 on my 3 disk price was about the same just a little under that 1200.00. I hope for you the tuner don't have as hard time tuning your car with it has mine did mine. Not unless my tuner was telling me a big one just to get a little more money out of me.

Let me know by a message on what your tuner tell you on the converter..Robert
Old 12-09-2015, 11:36 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I went with the COAN converter in the c5 on my 3 disk price was about the same just a little under that 1200.00. I hope for you the tuner don't have as hard time tuning your car with it has mine did mine. Not unless my tuner was telling me a big one just to get a little more money out of me.

Let me know by a message on what your tuner tell you on the converter..Robert
Hey Robert.. I'll be sure to let you know! Hopefully, we will get our car back late next week.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:11 AM
KnOmEeZy
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone ever get updates here?
Old 07-24-2018, 02:55 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by KnOmEeZy
anyone ever get updates here?
Our torque converter went in just fine. It did take a second round of tuning after our cam swap. But, that was easily corrected and it drove fine.. with one caveat. You DEFINITELY know you have an aftermarket converter with a more aggressive stall and shift as compared to a stock factory converter. Making no bones about it.. For those who say "ohhhhh, a 3000 - 3200 stall drives just like stock converter" is not telling you the full truth. Is it like a 4000+ converter.. of course not. But never-the-less, it IS different. For us (before the second round of tuning), our small issue occurred typically between 46-48 mph. That's pretty much daily cruising speeds with the city, here in Fort Worth, Texas. The issue was this: It did NOT want to shift into the next gear if we were slower than 47 mph. But it would immediately shift if we were daily driving it and hit 48 mph. But if you dropped 1-2 mph in speed, it would downshift back into the other gear. So, it was shifting back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.. what a pain in the butt (literally). We took our car back to the tuner and the issue was immediately resolved / corrected. After that, it was smooth (aggressively smooth) sailing.. haha.
The following users liked this post:
KnOmEeZy (07-24-2018)

Quick Reply: A6 GUYS WITH KILLER 60FTS....what stall???