C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering expert for C7 needed

Old 12-08-2015, 11:06 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Steering expert for C7 needed

i like the soft/easy steering of my car in tour steering mode autocrossing, i run the car (shocks,ect) in track mode(mag ride z51). other than FEEL, am i giving up anything else? IM ASKING ABOUT( RATIO), in tour or sport steering mode, do i have to turn steering wheel further to take the same turn compared to track steer mode?
Old 12-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Muuhaha
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm not sure how long it will take for someone to answer you, but to find out in two minutes you could always turn the wheel one full turn (or half turn, etc...) in each mode and drive 10 feet and see if you end up in the same place --
Old 12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

This is the 3rd time in the last 22 months and I have never got a answer , would like a little more science that what you suggested , thanks
Old 12-08-2015, 03:34 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

The heated debate on this seemed to have reached no definitive conclusion in the thread below.

I personally believe the ratio varies on steering angle due to varying rack pitch (as post #3 in the thread below) and the assist varies on driving mode. The reason being we know there is full mechanical connection in the C7 rack (NOT steer by wire). In looking at the rack, I see no evidence of secondary actuation to alter the pinion/rack relationship in order to actively change the ratio, nor do I see a secondary gearbox. But still speculation on my part.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...electable.html
The following users liked this post:
savage (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xp800
The heated debate on this seemed to have reached no definitive conclusion in the thread below.

I personally believe the ratio varies on steering angle due to varying rack pitch (as post #3 in the thread below) and the assist varies on driving mode. The reason being we know there is full mechanical connection in the C7 rack (NOT steer by wire). In looking at the rack, I see no evidence of secondary actuation to alter the pinion/rack relationship in order to actively change the ratio, nor do I see a secondary gearbox. But still speculation on my part.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...electable.html
Thank you for that thread, in my opinion I'm not giving up anything running in tour/sport instead of track autocrossing.

Get notified of new replies

To Steering expert for C7 needed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering expert for C7 needed