C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'16 Z51 Arctic White track build

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:32 PM
clarkkent06
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
https://store.windingroad.com/mobile...waAnk6EALw_wcB

$335 here. Their MSRP was $5 apart. Not sure about that link : )
Haha maybe it's just HMS. They're the official NA distributor of Schroth. Anyways, the reason I got the non-FE version and added the red cam is because I wanted the clip in lap belt.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Cconway84
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Onstar abs and stabilitrack error

I ran in a two day hpde this weekend using G-loc R12 and R10 compound pads for the first time. Stock z06 iron rotors motul 600 and Michelin pilot super sport tires mostly worn. After leaving the track I got two emails stating issues with stabilitrack and abs systems and instructing me to seek service within 7 days. The car never showed any warning lights and didn’t limit performance at all (no ice mode, no abnormal pedal behavior). Since coming home I have switched back to street compound G-Loc pads. Behavior on the street is normal. I’m guessing the computer got a wheel sensor reading it believed to be outside normal parameters. Should I have it looked into any further or is it ok to ignore onstar alerts?

Collin
Old 09-04-2018, 03:56 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,464 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I'd personally not bother if it does not come back again.

Last edited by X25; 09-04-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:28 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

You mentioned the wing some pages ago cant remember what.

Here's a wing installed on my car.

The following users liked this post:
daleong (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 11:27 PM
clarkkent06
Advanced

Originally Posted by lobsterroboto
You mentioned the wing some pages ago cant remember what.

Here's a wing installed on my car.

Cool! What wing is that?
Old 09-07-2018, 11:42 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks great! Where does it bolt to? We've talked to a few guys who have time attack cars, and they all use wings above the roofline (non-Corvette), and 2D wings. They say 2D wings give the best downforce/drag ratio. As you go lower than the roofline height, you end up subjecting wing to more turbulence, and 3D fixes it.. at a cost : )
Old 09-08-2018, 10:46 AM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

It bolts up to the bumper behind the bumper cover. You have to take the adjustment pins out and fold the wing back to open the hatch. Which is kind of a huge pain in the ***. I'm hoping it gets easier more I do it. I have to open the hatch to remove the fuse cover before I go on track. (no carpet)
I'm really excited to test it (the picture shows the wing with a moderately aggressive angle I adjusted it last night to more neutral)
Old 09-11-2018, 09:57 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

I was going to mention the insane angle on the wing. Have you measured the angle at all?

Have you considered running the factory Z07 package side skirts? With the dive planes you have it would be wise to run them for the added downforce.

Last edited by subieworx; 09-11-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:57 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
I know most of you already know this all, but we still need to talk about the "racing harness ecosystem" just to make sure we're all in the same page : )
  • Seat: Race seats help vastly improve the feedback we feel from the car and they did a much better job at keeping us where we are, so we don't mis-shift or fail a heel-n-toe.
  • Race harness: Once you have the race seat, we have now seriously compromised the safety systems on the car. Most modern cars have some of the airbags on the seats, and expect them to deploy as part of the system, depending on the impact. As such, you'd better stay planted in the seat, since there won't be airbags deploying to save your had as you shuffle around.
  • Roll-cage: Well, now that you're pinned to the seat, congratulations, your spine has just become yet another "stress structure" to help keep the roof intact in the event of a rollover. To avoid or mitigate this risk, you really need a cage. Well, cages are actually very stiff, and you'd better not hit them with your head. Yes, from now on, you and your passengers will need a helmet for safety, even if it's just a visit to Safeway.
  • Fire suppression: Speaking of which, you just made it very hard for yourself to get out of your seat in the event of an emergency. You're in luck, fire suppressant systems are available in all sizes; one will certainly fit your need. Just remember, it gives you ~30 more seconds to get out of there, not more.
Most of us can't dare to do all this to a brand new car due to financial reasons, so we go the ASM way:
  • Schrot's ASM system has the inner side of the shoulder harness come with a double stitched section. In the event of an accident, this section's stitches brake down, and now your inner shoulder is free, letting your top body move forward (anti sub-marine), and bend over, conforming to whatever space your collapsed roof now provides.
  • In short, Schroth ASM harnesses work just like a DOT seat belt in the event of an accident, yet they do work like a proper race harness at other times; beautiful!
  • I think tech people have also caught up with it lately, but some of them might still red-flag a car with 4-point Schroth ASM. I recommend carrying some piece of paperwork, and showing them that this is even DOT approved, probably the only DOT approved racing harness there is (for that, you actually need that red-buttoned center lock; details), and any DOT approved is also allowed in these events. In other words, ASM would not let the driver sub-marine anyway, and there's no safety need for the sub-belts anymore.
  • In my case, I have the sub-belts as well on my Miata since I do have a race seat in it, but I only use it in 4-point configuration on the Corvette.
As someone who spends a lot of time building, prepping and racing cars I will not install any kind of aftermarket harness in a car that is destined for the track without removal of the airbag system and full cage/containment seat integration. It's just not safe.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Just to add to the conversation. The black car is in Germany now heading to Nürburgring track. Let us know if there is anything we can help with. On your cars. We have wings and mounts available

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 09-11-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:19 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Just to add to the conversation. The black car is in Germany now heading to Nürburgring track. Let us know if there is anything we can help with. On your cars. We have wings and mounts available

LG

This is the wing I'm sporting on my Z51 for what it's worth. Very nicely made I did powder coat the uprights black because looks matter at least a little bit.

#sponsormebro

LG Motorsports (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 02:22 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

This is the wing I'm sporting on my Z51 for what it's worth. Very nicely made I did powder coat the uprights black because looks matter at least a little bit.

#sponsormebro
Nice I like the powder coating that really looks nice thanks for using our products!

LG
Old 09-11-2018, 03:35 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Nice I like the powder coating that really looks nice thanks for using our products!

LG

lol no problem

LG Coilovers
LG front splitter
LG wing
LG shock simulators

Of course it's going to rain all weekend at NASA nationals.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:09 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

lol no problem

LG Coilovers
LG front splitter
LG wing
LG shock simulators

Of course it's going to rain all weekend at NASA nationals.
Haha, now if only you can get contingency from Hoosier for H20s : )

How did the LG simulators work out? Have you had any issues?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:26 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Originally Posted by X25
Haha, now if only you can get contingency from Hoosier for H20s : )

How did the LG simulators work out? Have you had any issues?

Well enough, I've had some random issues that I haven't been able to figure out.

3 times the car has gone into limp mode and limited me to 85mph for suspension issue (the car always starts with a suspension issue popup in the dash but that's typically it)

Originally I didn't have the ride height sims plugged in thinking that was it. They're in now and still had the issue.

So now im trying to collect more information before calling them for support because it may not be the sims at all and I cannot reproduce it ever. It's typically not a huge deal as I can go into hot pits and turn off the car and turn it back on and its good to go.

I am a little worried about it at NASA nationals because if you go to hot pits for any reason you have to go to impound. So "if" the issue shows up this weekend it'll kill my session.

Just so we're clear, LG's customer service has been excellent and they're not really involved on this because I have yet to bring it to their intention. I just need more time to test.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:28 AM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, I've always had an issue with Artic white and its ability to show every rubber mark I ever get, so I decided to do something about, and changed the color:

This color is so much better at hiding rubber marks.

My daughter also agrees.

While at it, I've also decided to add vented seats. I love it at my truck, and it turns out I love it on a Corvette, too!

Last edited by X25; 12-06-2018 at 04:28 AM.
daleong (12-07-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 05:05 AM
clarkkent06
Advanced

Ah yes, just a simple color change looks awesome!

Get notified of new replies

To '16 Z51 Arctic White track build

Old 12-06-2018, 11:38 AM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Round steering wheel, so earlier model?

Will be interesting if you experience all those wonderful over-heating issues on track some other Z owner's have complained about.

At least, you stuck with the M7!
Nice color change!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:55 AM
clarkkent06
Advanced

Originally Posted by AKKutz
Round steering wheel, so earlier model?

Will be interesting if you experience all those wonderful over-heating issues on track some other Z owner's have complained about.

At least, you stuck with the M7!
Nice color change!
It's a 2019. No cooling issues

Last edited by clarkkent06; 12-06-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 PM
AKKutz
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

I noticed it only had 3 miles on the odo after I posted.

Quick Reply: '16 Z51 Arctic White track build