C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z07 Suspension vs PFADT Stage 2 Coilovers /currently Z51 no msrc

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 02:40 PM
avnerO
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Z07 Suspension vs PFADT Stage 2 Coilovers /currently Z51 no msrc

Hello to all my fellow Brethren here on the Corvette forums

I badly need your expertise and experience to help me make a big decision, on March 5th of this year I leased a 3LT Z51 C7 with no magnetic selective ride control.

I got a fantastic deal at the time and so I swallowed the loss of the magnetic ride even though the general consensus here is that its invaluable and a must have for any Corvette.

My brother who owns a C7 Z06 (hes on the forums as well recommended that I go with the aFe Control PFADT Series Stage 2 Suspension Package; Chevrolet Corvette (C7) on the basis that the very best coilovers are much better than the MSRC even in track mode.

I am seeing a lot of Z06's with the Z07 package for around 75k which makes me wonder if its worth having somone take over my lease and going with the Z07 package which would give me the MSRC that I want so badly as well as the carbon ceramic brakes.

So my question is, those of you with first hand experience

How does the PFADT coilovers compare to the Z07 suspension, is it worth keeping my Z51 and just upgrading the suspension or should I make the leap to a pre owned Z07 with the MSRC?

I dont really care for the straight line speed, and I know that the Z06s are plagued with the heating issues when under constant duress which will likely require an expensive solution from LG to fix.

Anywho, all your input is deeply appreciated since I have no experience with coilovers or the Z07 suspension but I want the very best handling possible

Oh and while we are on the subject, what is the very best Suspension that money can buy for a Corvette C7 2016?

Are the PFADT the best Coilovers available or is there better?

I know there is the DSC RTX adjustable suspension but its only available for Corvettes that are already equipped with MSRC and they dont have plans to release a wiring harness at the moment.

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by avnerO; 08-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Great question, I'll be watching this one.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:46 PM
JonaOhana
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

dear brother , I recommend the aFe Control PFADT Series Stage 2 Suspension Package, if you want even better handling then you can just drive my z06

this also serves as a stealth bump

Last edited by JonaOhana; 08-16-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:22 PM
avnerO
Intermediate

Just an update for those who bought a Z51 Stingray and did not get the magnetic ride, I was able to obtain a parts diagram for all the various components that supposedly make up the MSRC. From what I priced out according to my parts rep so far everything has come out to 1,363.05$. However there could be more parts needed to complete the MSRC system. My question is if the Z51 shocks naturally support the MSRC system or if the Z51s that don't have MSRC come with different shocks.

Last edited by avnerO; 08-23-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:23 PM
avnerO
Intermediate

Old 08-23-2016, 05:28 PM
QKSLVRZ
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by avnerO
Just an update for those who bought a Z51 Stingray and did not get the magnetic ride, I was able to obtain a parts diagram for all the various components that supposedly make up the MSRC. From what I priced out according to my parts rep so far everything has come out to 1,363.05$. However there could be more parts needed to complete the MSRC system. My question is if the Z51 shocks naturally support the MSRC system or if the Z51s that don't have MSRC come with different shocks.
Different shocks, different springs and sway bars too it seems.

The general consensus is msrc is great as long as you leave the suspension alone, no track tires, or brakes.
At least for now, the system is calibrated for these components, and the tuning is badly off with other hard parts. There are some (check the autocross forum here) who are looking for suspension tuners, and maybe someone has a replacement controller coming out, but I don't have any specific on that.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:46 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

You will love coil overs if you go that route. They will totally change the ride quality and handling characteristics. I do not have them on my C7 but I did on my C6 and they put a smile on my face every time I drove the car. I had the LG GT2 setup.

I say go for it.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Mike Raines
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 Coilovers

Originally Posted by c7&7
you will love coil overs if you go that route. They will totally change the ride quality and handling characteristics. I do not have them on my c7 but i did on my c6 and they put a smile on my face every time i drove the car. I had the lg gt2 setup.

I say go for it.

were and how to install coilovers
c7z. Z51
.?
Old 04-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Smrochin
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything happen with this yet? Did you get coilovers?

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 Suspension vs PFADT Stage 2 Coilovers /currently Z51 no msrc

Quick Reply: Z07 Suspension vs PFADT Stage 2 Coilovers /currently Z51 no msrc