C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-length headers vs Corsa x-pipe and mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 08:38 PM
kc stingray
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Mid-length headers vs Corsa x-pipe and mufflers

just looking for some opinions after doing some research. car is a 2016 and not wanting to kill warranty just yet. original plan was to install arh mids with cats. but after doing some searching if a powertrain issue should arise gm may still give me flack about the headers. I am a service advisor so I know how manufactures work. looking for other owners who went the x pipe and muffler route. was any gain to be had? I know this more of a sound modification than power gain. most dyno videos I see of mids are around ten horse at the wheels give or take, torque seems to be a bit higher. car has a katech ported throttle body and lmr cai kit. thanks for reading

Last edited by kc stingray; 11-05-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default Service advisor.....

This car is made for long tubes. Then if you want better sound, after installing long tubes, go with Corsa mufflers. Complete your warranty destruction day with a proper tune.
The following users liked this post:
marcouvo (11-07-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 07:37 AM
mallett435
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kc stingray
just looking for some opinions after doing some research. car is a 2016 and not wanting to kill warranty just yet. original plan was to install arh mids with cats. but after doing some searching if a powertrain issue should arise gm may still give me flack about the headers. I am a service advisor so I know how manufactures work. looking for other owners who went the x pipe and muffler route. was any gain to be had? I know this more of a sound modification than power gain. most dyno videos I see of mids are around ten horse at the wheels give or take, torque seems to be a bit higher. car has a katech ported throttle body and lmr cai kit. thanks for reading
I have mids installed with cats and dealer replaced my failed AFMs actuators under warranty. They saw stock tune and said I was fine. Blowing a motor might be a different issue, but basic warranty work should be fine or find a new dealer .
Old 11-08-2016, 08:53 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Do you have NPP? If so, go with the headers, x-pipe, and stock mufflers. Since most have said they do not need a tune with mids, I would go that route.

But - if the warranty was not an issue, go with long tubes.

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-length headers vs Corsa x-pipe and mufflers

Quick Reply: Mid-length headers vs Corsa x-pipe and mufflers