C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 track day expenses

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:54 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

It depends on the track. You can certainly total a car anywhere, but certain tracks, with all their walls, it's just a matter of if, not when. Others, it's a long shot.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Internetguru
Definition of ***** of steel = Poor sha

This is a brilliant way to save $$$ on track days.

At least until one wrecks then it will look less brilliant. But certainly more baller when one just goes and buys a replacement track car.

I too self insure but run easy and don't push hard knowing I don't want to lose my vehicles, my life or god forbid an instructors life.

If I wanted to run hard I would have no problem purchasing track insurance. I believe I would also want to invest in a full cage at that point to insure I walk away with my life and not just have the money to replace the vehicle. I completely understand why many folks who want to push closer to edge of their abilities buy track insurance.
I am most definitely not a "baller" but I do ascribe the theory that you shouldn't track anything you can't afford to push off a cliff. Everyone hates to talk about this stuff because if something does happen it sucks to have everyone go back and look at what you wrote.

That said, perhaps folks can post up what they pay for track insurance, the deductible, and the agreed upon value. Then we can do the math on how many track days before it doesn't make financial sense.

I do still leave room on the table but in the end it's less me making a mistake that I'm concerned about as much as a mechanical failure either on my car or a car ahead of me.

Every morning I'm at the track I make it a point to thank God for being blessed with the means to do this and pray for everyone's safety and good judgement. I realize that is no guarantee that nothing will happen but it is a good way to remind myself that this is a dangerous and expensive hobby that has no real value other than our enjoyment.

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 track day expenses