C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try adjustable rear tow link ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Anyone try adjustable rear tow link ?

Even with all washers gone I still need a little help getting tow in on c7 with camber and caster set where I want it - all I really need to know does these rear tow links adjust shorter than stock ones , thank you Mid American motorworks
Old 01-31-2017, 04:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

They need to extend further than the stock links. To get more toe in at the rear the tie rods have to be extended because the tie rod attachment point is located behind the hub. The stock links are too short when a lot of negative camber has been set by adjusting the LCA mounts outward.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
savage (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
They need to extend further than the stock links. To get more toe in at the rear the tie rods have to be extended because the tie rod attachment point is located behind the hub. The stock links are too short when a lot of negative camber has been set by adjusting the LCA mounts outward.

Bill
thanks bill-your right and im now sure they adjust longer or shorter than stock.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:32 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I did install these toe adjusters, and they worked great; they let me adjust camber without being limited by Toe going out of whack.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593075047

They seem to have a good build quality, too.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I had those and didn't like them! First, the tapered pin didn't seat up to the collar on the spindle which was not illustrated or mentioned in the instructions that it was not suppose to and I ended up stripping the threads! The stock toe endlinks do seat flush. I've had a few emails with Granatelli about this and they are supposedly changing their instructions. I ordered the AFE/PHADT ones which are more expensive but you can see the quality is outstanding compared to the Granatelli setup. I am not saying the Granatelli setup won't work but the quality is not the same. The AFE/PHADT ones have very detailed instructions compared to the Granatelli. I lowered(slammed) my 15' Z06 on aftermarket bolts and needed adj toe links.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason900rr
I had those and didn't like them! First, the tapered pin didn't seat up to the collar on the spindle which was not illustrated or mentioned in the instructions that it was not suppose to and I ended up stripping the threads! The stock toe endlinks do seat flush. I've had a few emails with Granatelli about this and they are supposedly changing their instructions. I ordered the AFE/PHADT ones which are more expensive but you can see the quality is outstanding compared to the Granatelli setup. I am not saying the Granatelli setup won't work but the quality is not the same. The AFE/PHADT ones have very detailed instructions compared to the Granatelli. I lowered(slammed) my 15' Z06 on aftermarket bolts and needed adj toe links.
Saying the quality is better doesn't mean much.

If the Granatelli bars are installed correctly do they work and will they last? If so that is the highest quality you can get.

Quality is reliably doing the job the part is designed to do. Everything else is wasted effort as it produces no added benefit.

Bill
Old 02-04-2017, 03:36 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,463 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Back when I installed it, it took me a few minutes to realize that they would not seat flush, and the rest was very easy.

Regarding quality, I don't think that has any importance; we should monitor if these toe links lose their adjustment under stress, or buckle/bend; these are the important factors. Mine so far held up well, and survived a few track days.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Saying the quality is better doesn't mean much.

If the Granatelli bars are installed correctly do they work and will they last? If so that is the highest quality you can get.

Quality is reliably doing the job the part is designed to do. Everything else is wasted effort as it produces no added benefit.

Bill
Have you had both? I have! Trust me, there is a difference in the quality! Quality has nothing to do with it holding up to the conditions it was built for, it just means it's sufficient!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Originally Posted by X25
Back when I installed it, it took me a few minutes to realize that they would not seat flush, and the rest was very easy.

Regarding quality, I don't think that has any importance; we should monitor if these toe links lose their adjustment under stress, or buckle/bend; these are the important factors. Mine so far held up well, and survived a few track days.
Once you have had both side by side you will see my point! Will the Granatelli links work? YES, there is no doubt in my mind they won't. I'm just stating my experience with the two products as I have had first hand experience with both and had them both in my possession.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone try adjustable rear tow link ?

Quick Reply: Anyone try adjustable rear tow link ?