C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only Borla long tube headers w/Borla X-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Captain McFunk
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Only Borla long tube headers w/Borla X-pipe?

Hey all, I already have the Borla X-pipe, but i'm looking to add headers. It appears not all longtube headers fit all aftermarket x-pipes, so i'm curious as to what brands I could use? Obviously Borla, but does anyone know if Kooks will? I've always used kooks in the past and been happy for the price.

Thanks,

AP
Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 AM
vettefever17
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain McFunk
Hey all, I already have the Borla X-pipe, but i'm looking to add headers. It appears not all longtube headers fit all aftermarket x-pipes, so i'm curious as to what brands I could use? Obviously Borla, but does anyone know if Kooks will? I've always used kooks in the past and been happy for the price.

Thanks,

AP
After researching around, I went with the ARH mid lengths. If you are wanting to avoid tuning for warranty this is the way to go. I have already installed my Borla X, just waiting on the time to install the headers. From what I gathered all should be a nice fitment.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

ARH mid-lengths are designed to match up to the stock or after market stock sized replacement x pipe. So with ARH mid-lengths you can keep your stock x-pipe, use a Borla or a Corsa stock sized x-pipe. In other words, all the connection points for exhaust remains the same.

If you go with long tube headers, they will need the matching x-pipe for those specific headers. Each long tube manufacturer generally has a matching x-pipe that is designed to match up to the header at the new connection point and then connect to the 'stock' location for the axle back muffler connection.

Last edited by Jack Be Quick Racing; 03-11-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:51 PM
upcharger
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

would there be any benefit using a long tube system over using mids with a Borla X? Car will be tuned
Old 04-07-2017, 08:39 PM
hearingvoices
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

H.V. checking in,

I always say "only a woman buys borla" so I would check with your local autozone professional attendant and ask if cherry bomb or flowmaster makes a suitible x pipe for such a beast. who wants to sound like a toyota when turning a corner?

V

H.V.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 PM
upcharger
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hearingvoices
H.V. checking in,

I always say "only a woman buys borla" so I would check with your local autozone professional attendant and ask if cherry bomb or flowmaster makes a suitible x pipe for such a beast. who wants to sound like a toyota when turning a corner?

V

H.V.
let us know what you have and let's hear it.
The following users liked this post:
hearingvoices (04-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 11:01 AM
hearingvoices
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by upcharger
let us know what you have and let's hear it.
H.V. checking in,

at the moment I only have a single flowmaster 40 on my 1996 SAAB 900s. I will be picking up my new Vette sometime within the next 60 days I am hopeful right now to secure a Z51 and I will be installing flowmasters on it because in my opinion an American car without flowmasters just isn't that american haha.

V

H.V.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 PM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry! This post was meant for the THREAD: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...continued.html My mistake because of the way the Forum is butting somewhat related Threads up against the bottom of another. T scrolled down to far to post in the intended Thread.

They could just very well be allowing current stock to be sold off by themselves and most of their stocking dealers before they introduce a new, better designed replacement. I have read awhile back that Borla had come up with a new and better performing design for the x-pipe and were at that time completing tests on it.
_

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 02-24-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Only Borla long tube headers w/Borla X-pipe?

Quick Reply: Only Borla long tube headers w/Borla X-pipe?