C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Magnaflow 19171 on their Z51?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Emersonjared
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who has Magnaflow 19171 on their Z51?

Bought this kit for my 2014 Z51 and installed it this last weekend. First off this thing is loud!!!! Makes the car absolutely sound like a beast. Now for the bad........Have been on the phone with magnaflow now 3 different times. I am having a fitment issue on the drivers side. My driver side pipe is way to close to the elsd line going into the rear end. I will post pictures here shortly. They have sent me pictures of the car they built the system around and of course it doesnt have it. Does anyone have this system on their car??? I hate to remove it and return it but they have no solution for this.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Emersonjared
Intermediate

[I]This is the photo magnaflow sent me showing the car they built the kit around

Here is the exhaust on my car. The line does have some heat wrap on it so it wont damage the line

Here is another photo showing the line i am talking about
Old 03-14-2017, 07:07 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

How is it that the stock system could afford more room? Seems like it would be a tight fit regardless of which system you have installed due to the way the exhaust is configured. I guess I need to go crawl under mine to see how mine compares.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Emersonjared
Intermediate

If i Take the magnaflow loose I can get all the room i need its not until I align the tips and snug everything up. Then I have the fitment issues. If that line was not there then it would look like the pic they sent me. All they will say is we havent had any other complaints. Then he tells me to take it to a exhaust shop and have their stuff modified to work. I asked him if they were gonna pay for that since I already spent 1600 on a system that obviously was not designed around the z51. Of course they said no that would be on your dime. He did say it wouldnt mess with the warranty on the system which im not real sure how that can be accurate.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:33 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Ok, now I get it. I'm surprised that are not more helpful than that. There has to be others with Z51/GS having the same issue, unless they're just not selling a whole lot of these kits. Any video to share to see what it sounds like?
Old 03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
tony abbski
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lakemg
Ok, now I get it. I'm surprised that are not more helpful than that. There has to be others with Z51/GS having the same issue, unless they're just not selling a whole lot of these kits. Any video to share to see what it sounds like?
I'm not surprised Magnusson was not more helpful ... they didn't return phone calls or several emails when I requested assitance on a 2300 kit I had installed on my truck last year.
Very dissappointed in them.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Emersonjared
Intermediate

I have tried taking multiple videos but my phone just doesnt do it any justice. Will try the go pro to see if its any better.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has Magnaflow 19171 on their Z51?

Quick Reply: Who has Magnaflow 19171 on their Z51?