C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:05 PM
theJudge1969
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Ebay exhaust

Okay before i get flamed
i am assuming its shitty
but i broke my neck last year
right after i purchased my car
so money is tighter than i am used to
i found
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manzo-Stainl...NWoo6-&vxp=mtr
on ebay has anyone bought or tested it?
first hand.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I think in here one r two guys got these from ebay. I cant tell you no more than that on the set up but cant see you beating the price if they fit.. Robert
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 PM
div7racer
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I think in here one r two guys got these from ebay. I cant tell you no more than that on the set up but cant see you beating the price if they fit.. Robert

I put one on my Z06, fits perfectly. It is very loud though when the NPP is open and the throttle is at 100%, otherwise sounds just like stock. Ed
Old 05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by div7racer
I put one on my Z06, fits perfectly. It is very loud though when the NPP is open and the throttle is at 100%, otherwise sounds just like stock. Ed
A person can not ask for any more.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 PM
NinjamanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 102 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Man I'm sorry about your injury. eBay parts are OK these days but you may need to make some adjustments for a good fit.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:37 PM
dddfx
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me some dyno numbers would go a long way. It doesnt make sense to me to put them on unless they make more power/tq. Its nice to see a pair of headers that are priced so low. hopefully they make some good power and we can all get a set
Old 05-20-2017, 05:26 PM
div7racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by dddfx
To me some dyno numbers would go a long way. It doesnt make sense to me to put them on unless they make more power/tq. Its nice to see a pair of headers that are priced so low. hopefully they make some good power and we can all get a set
I have the headers but have hesitated to put them on because of the (more than probable) necessity to get a tune for them, and then having to change it all back when the car needs to be smogged. The x-pipe can be changed back to stock in less then 1 1/2 hours,which I am willing to do. Ed
Old 05-20-2017, 08:25 PM
dddfx
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what i can piece together from the interwebs they are pretty much a KOOKS knock off. made from 304 Stainless, and pretty sweet sounding. the fit and finish has been decent, but the xpipes fit has been iffy.. gains unboosted are around 10/15 and boosted can be 20+. none of that is fact. i do not own a pair. BUT mine will be here in a week because at that price there isnt much to lose.

THX~

Last edited by dddfx; 05-21-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:52 PM
div7racer
Advanced

From what i can piece together from the interwebs they are pretty much a KOOKS knock off. made from 304 Stainless, and pretty sweet sounding. the fit and finish has been decent, but the xpipes fit has been iffy.. gains unboosted are around 10/15 and boosted can be 20+. none of that is fact. i do not own a pair. BUT mine will be here in a week because at that price there isnt much to loose.

THX~
That is the same reason I bought them over a year ago, virtually nothing to lose.I am 100% satisfied with the x-pipe,I don,t see how it could be any better.I also believe they are a Kooks copy.If you dyno it let us know the results.
Ed
Old 05-21-2017, 11:47 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

TSP are slightly higher and a proven power maker.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:05 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 908 Likes on 606 Posts

From what i can piece together from the interwebs they are pretty much a KOOKS knock off. made from 304 Stainless, and pretty sweet sounding. the fit and finish has been decent, but the xpipes fit has been iffy.. gains unboosted are around 10/15 and boosted can be 20+. none of that is fact. i do not own a pair. BUT mine will be here in a week because at that price there isnt much to lose.

THX~
Nope...Definitely not KOOKs knock offs. They look to be configured more like the ARH midlength headers.

Here's a photo of my KOOKS which look nothing like the Ebay header photo...

Ebay header photo...

ARH Mid Length photo...

Last edited by lakemg; 05-21-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:52 AM
TurdHerder
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That is the same reason I bought them over a year ago, virtually nothing to lose.I am 100% satisfied with the x-pipe,I don,t see how it could be any better.I also believe they are a Kooks copy.If you dyno it let us know the results.
Ed
Hi Ed, will the X- pipe work with the stock headers?
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2019, 12:05 PM
div7racer
Advanced

YES, the x pipe is an exact fit for the stock x pipe (except without the secondary catalytic converters).
Pretty much the same sound as stock while at low and partial throttle but MUCH louder at full throttle,
which is exactly what I like. Ed
Old 03-29-2019, 12:22 PM
div7racer
Advanced

Just looked on Ebay (out of curiosity) and there is a place selling the headers and x pipe for $404.99 with free shipping (when you use their 10% discount code). They call them Race Spec but they look a lot like the Manzo ones. Ed
Old 03-29-2019, 12:28 PM
TurdHerder
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just looked on Ebay (out of curiosity) and there is a place selling the headers and x pipe for $404.99 with free shipping (when you use their 10% discount code). They call them Race Spec but they look a lot like the Manzo ones. Ed
Thank you! The eBay post I’m looking at says x pipe only works with Manzo headers but a different post doesn’t say that. I live in California so unfortunately I don’t want to deal with taking off and putting on every couple years.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:05 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 404 Likes on 203 Posts

I wish I could bring myself to trust these because that price is sweet. Think I will end up going with Texas speed though.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:27 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

How much time and effort is there installing these?

Do they make any power?

Anyone dyno them to see if they make any more power?

Get notified of new replies

To Ebay exhaust

Old 03-30-2019, 08:33 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
How much time and effort is there installing these?
Do they make any power?
Anyone dyno them to see if they make any more power?
Not trying to be a wise guy but Google is your friend here as there are so many posts about mid length and long tube header gains both with and without tune ...

The actual numbers will vary but the spread between the numbers is usually pretty close if you throw out the outliers

Mids make around 15 HP without a tune and Long Tubes around 25 . Add another 10 HP with a tune on MiDS and about 15 to 20 for long tubes with a tune

Consensus usually is if you are going thru all the work to add headers you should just go with Long Tubes . TSP and stainless works are not that much more than the cheap Ebay knockoffs and the same goes for the more expensive ARH mids compared to the ARH or LG long tubes ...

Dave
Old 03-30-2019, 08:37 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

How much time and effort is there to install headers on a C7?

Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
How much time and effort is there to install headers on a C7?
Significantly more time than it took to install headers on my C6 ... almost considering paying someone to install them on my C7 for me ...looks to be about 6 to 7 hours which is also the same amount of time my shop stated it would take to install
I have a set to install and been following all the install posts closely and taking notes.

You have to remove the fuse box and RT coil cover, take the bolt out of the steering shaft making sure that u don't turn the wheel and spin the studs out of the exhaust manifold in order to facilitate its removal . Removing the spark plugs is also a bit harder in a C7
It seems like getting the old manifolds and cats off is a pain in the butt and more time consuming than on a C6 but once you get all this out of the way the headers slide right up thru the bottom

Obviously better if you have a lift but it can be done on jack stands , I am tossing around the idea of using my buddies lift or just doing it in my garage on stands and ramps as I am afraid of being time constrained if something goes wrong and I will be tying up his lift but if it's in my garage ...I can just leave it and work on it at my leisure

Dave

Quick Reply: Ebay exhaust