C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 tire wear / milage / replacement

Old 04-09-2017, 09:33 PM
designrs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default C7 tire wear / milage / replacement

Hey All, I have 17k miles on my 2016 C7 Z51 A8. Stock tires. Fronts are showing even wear but wearing a bit. The dealer noted "yellow" on condition check... believable as I was starting to eyeball the front tires myself.

Ironically the rear tires are fine. I drive spirited but not hard. I try not to "push" the front tires with tight turns when parking... although I do have to do a bit of maneuvering to get into my garage... which requires steering hard when stopped.

Wondering what average tire milage life should be?
Maybe think about other brand tires on replacement for better wear?
Wonder too about factory alignment that might cause even but premature front tire wear?
Comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by designrs; 04-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:46 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,011 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by designrs
Hey All, I have 17k miles on my 2016 C7 Z51 A8. Stock tires. Fronts are showing even wear but wearing a bit. The dealer noted "yellow" on condition check... believable as I was starting to eyeball the front tires myself.

Ironically the rear tires are fine. I drive spirited but not hard. I try not to "push" the front tires with tight turns when parking... although I do have to do a bit of maneuvering to get into my garage... which requires steering hard when stopped.

Wondering what average tire mileage life should be?
Wonder too about factory alignment that might cause even but premature front tire wear?
I replaced the original set after 14,000 miles mostly because I was getting a lot of wheel spin in 2nd gear under WOT. Seems the tire compound is harder near the end of tire life.

Some competition driving at COTA and in the Hill Country.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 PM
mike96ss
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

2015 C7 Z51 M7. Replaced my original set at 28,000 miles. Daily driver with a 75 mile round trip commute to work daily.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Rob#2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by designrs

Wondering what average tire milage life should be?
2014 M7 Z51 replaced front tires @ ~19,000 rears are factory originals with 29,9xx I'm definitely spinning more even though there is at least 6/32 left.
Poor alignment caused my fronts to wear faster, the toe on the pass front was way off.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:19 PM
tiborrules
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mike96ss
2015 C7 Z51 M7. Replaced my original set at 28,000 miles. Daily driver with a 75 mile round trip commute to work daily.
I have 21,000 miles on my 2015 z51 M7 with a procharger. I track the car 3 times a year. I switched to non run flat pilot ss at 1,000 miles and have around 5/32 tread left. I drive my car pretty hard. With the procharger it will smoke the tires in 2nd at will and some of the time in 3rd. Lot's of fun!!!
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 PM
DAAANG
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely have the alignment checked. Factory is hit and miss with shipping car with alignment right. Had mine done at 500 mile, and it needed adjustment. Friend of mine didn't, and factory alignment tore up the fronts in 15K miles.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 tire wear / milage / replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 tire wear / milage / replacement