C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to combine Cosworth videos

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 85 Posts

Default How to combine Cosworth videos

I have several short lap videos segments that I would like to combine into 1 video. I tried using Windows movie maker which seemed to work making 1 mp4 video. I can view it using VLC player, but when I try to view on Cosworth Toolbox, it says the video contains no data and closes. can't seem to find any helps on web as how to use toolbox. I can watch each short video on toolbox and all the car's data is there. Thanks
Old 04-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

When you use any sort of video processing software to edit/splice the videos it strips the data stream out of the video. I sent an email to Cosworth about this and they answered but it seems they don't have a solution for the issue. It will take somebody who has the tools and knowledge to analyze the video data stream and see how the data can be reconstructed in edited videos.

Bill
Old 04-15-2017, 01:34 PM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 85 Posts

That what I sort of surmised from reading other posts. Will just have to remember to start/stop less often. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To How to combine Cosworth videos