C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 Stall in touring mode...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 11:40 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C7 Z51 Stall in touring mode...?

Hey my car c7 z51 has blower , cams ported heads, headers, meth, tuned, few other things. When I go into touring mode and coasting up to a stop my car will shut off when its under 1000 rpms. It does not act as if its about to die or ping rpm around it just stalls. This does not happen at every stop but very frequent. Has anyone had this happen before or know what could be causing the issue? The tune feels great, smooth idle and everything works fine in sport mode but when I go to touring mode I have this stall problem.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:09 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I can't think of a link to Touring mode - are you sure it doesn't happen in Sport also? Any thoughts on what about the ENGINE would be different from one mode to the next?

I'd go over the throttle-follower and anti-stall logic but before I do that I can't think of why it'd be any different in one mode vs another.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:34 PM
CorvetteKilla
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I can't think of a link to Touring mode - are you sure it doesn't happen in Sport also? Any thoughts on what about the ENGINE would be different from one mode to the next?

I'd go over the throttle-follower and anti-stall logic but before I do that I can't think of why it'd be any different in one mode vs another.

Oh yeah sport mode is fine. I took it back to him once and he let more air flow in the TB or something but it still stalls in touring. But its not even chugging rpms like its gona die it just turns off. Sport mode never happened only in touring.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z51 Stall in touring mode...?

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 Stall in touring mode...?