C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grille with cameras made to work in a 2016 1LT without cameras

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:46 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Chris J
Used this camera it attaches using a bracket that fits behind you license plate frame. Very easy to install and works great. Got it at Crutchfield
Chris J, where does the image display from the camera you installed from Crutchfield? Where do you see the image the camera sees?

Old 01-11-2019, 04:33 PM
BRomanelli
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Gheeeze Elmer are we going down the NavTool road again. Just when I started to be able to sleep again. Mine has worked flawlessly too. The side cameras are a great help as well when changing lanes. The camera in the front has been the best addition. Pray for the old guys!!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BRomanelli
Gheeeze Elmer are we going down the NavTool road again. Just when I started to be able to sleep again. Mine has worked flawlessly too. The side cameras are a great help as well when changing lanes. The camera in the front has been the best addition. Pray for the old guys!!

This thread was a 5-17-2107 thread that was resurrected. My Navtool is operating flawlessly to this day.

Old guys have this thing covered!

Elmer.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:05 AM
Tom0662
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been trying to find something along the lines of a wifi/bluetooth type camera
that is small compact. Something that could be maybe hooked to a switch where you flip
the switch to power the camera and connect it to your phone but not much like that
that I could find.
I am not one to skimp or go cheap but am just trying to find something maybe cheap
and reliable that would only be used for forward parking. I found a couple items I will post
below. They are kind of cheap so please don't slam me too hard as these are just possibilities
if someone wants to try them. They may be crap or not.

So this first one is a wifi camera with 3 wires. I suppose you could wire in a
switch and flip it on when ready to park and connect to your phone. I'm sure
there are others like this one too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/150-Rear-Vi...frcectupt=true

2nd one is actually a borescope where you could run the cable into the car and when
ready to park plug it into your phone. There are others with a battery pack and you
connect to your phone wirelessly. There are different ones for different phones.
Amazon Amazon

Again these are just cheap options that are out there if someone is so inclined to
try them. Not sure if I want to try one of them or not. They are cheap enough
a guy wouldn't be out much. Who knows, could be a diamond in the rough too.

Quick Reply: Grille with cameras made to work in a 2016 1LT without cameras