C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCB front pads discontinued?? What da?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

I know TC is basically just rear wheel speed, and stability control is keeping **** straight, in short. but what is the difference between PTM and AH?
Old 07-13-2017, 10:16 PM
desmophile
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Z07 brake pads

Thanks to BEZ06 who gave me an ACDelco part number for the rear pads!!!
I went on Amazon and ordered front and rear pads for Raquel (AKA C7Z06/7)
ACDelco is having some kind of promo, didn't show up until checkout($172.95 saved)
Total cost before tax $691.79. Tax in Utah $47.39
Total $739.18. And I get 5% back for having a Chase/Amazon credit card. About pays for the tax.
I think it said deliver on the fronts was 1-2 months, 2 days on the rears.
Seemed like a pretty good deal
Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

$700 for a set of front and rear pads!!!

That's like $400 for a set of fronts, and $300 for the rears!!!

I think you scored an OUTSTANDING deal!!

The following users liked this post:
desmophile (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 11:18 PM
desmophile
Racer

Default Z07 pads

Originally Posted by BEZ06
$700 for a set of front and rear pads!!!

That's like $400 for a set of fronts, and $300 for the rears!!!

I think you scored an OUTSTANDING deal!!

Great thanks to you for the suggestions and info!!!!!
Hope some others can take advantage of this find.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 AM
desmophile
Racer

Default CC front brake rotors for C7 Z06/7

Hi all,
wondered if the Amazon ACDelco promo applied to brake rotors so checked that out this AM.
ACDelco 177-1175 GM OEM rotors are available. $1,272.52, and when you check out you get a 20% ACDelco promo discount. I ordered a pair. $509.01 discount. $2,175.49 total with tax, free shipping.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow - less than $1100 each is a GOOD DEAL for front rotors!!!

Yep - that's the correct part# for the front rotors.

Front rotors
GM part# 20981825

ACDelco# 177-1175

Rear rotors
GM 20981826

ACDelco 177-1177

The following 2 users liked this post by BEZ06:
BKorsaire (07-15-2017), desmophile (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:21 PM
MWHITED
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by desmophile
Thanks to BEZ06 who gave me an ACDelco part number for the rear pads!!!
I went on Amazon and ordered front and rear pads for Raquel (AKA C7Z06/7)
ACDelco is having some kind of promo, didn't show up until checkout($172.95 saved)
Total cost before tax $691.79. Tax in Utah $47.39
Total $739.18. And I get 5% back for having a Chase/Amazon credit card. About pays for the tax.
I think it said deliver on the fronts was 1-2 months, 2 days on the rears.
Seemed like a pretty good deal
DESMOPHILE - Where on Amazon did you find the rear pads at the discount? Best I can find is $569 with no discount
Old 07-15-2017, 07:52 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

Thank you all ! I'm buying a ZO7 and your informations are so precious for me !

Prople says that it is fragile, if you take a bit of gravel between the caliper and the rotor, the latter breaks, does it arrive? I want the ZO7 not to make track but for its exclusivity, its beauty and especially, no one here but some ZO6, et ZO6 basis is already so expensive.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
Thank you all ! I'm buying a ZO7 and your informations are so precious for me !

Prople says that it is fragile....
Excellent!!! I want to see some pictures of your car with some beautiful French scenery!!

No, it's not real fragile. I was visiting my sister recently, and her husband has a beautiful yellow convertible with Z07 carbon ceramic brakes (ccb). He asked me to go for a ride with him because he had heard a strange noise last time he was for a drive. We didn't need to go far before I also heard a the sound. I was in the passenger seat, and it sounded like it was coming from the front wheel on that side.

We went back to his house and pulled the right front wheel and found exactly what you mentioned - a small piece of gravel that we popped out with a screwdriver. Fortunately it was on the edge of the rotor and didn't do any visible damage. We removed it and he has been driving with that same rotor still installed for several thousand miles now.

You will LOVE the car, and I'll be standing by for pictures!!

Old 07-15-2017, 12:56 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

Hi BEZ06,
you reassure me enormously about these rotors. I'll have this US icon soon, in the meantime, I order parts which I shall need, Afe, Lloyd etc. and especially a set of wheel/rims because to drive with PSC2 under the rain, I'll be wet as much in my tshirt and in the car as if I was outside. I found the wheels/rims here. As soon as I have the car, I make photos to show on the forum. In the meantime, you can see in my presentation of newbie here with photos of my sold C6 GS.

Excuse I all for this small overflowing but your forum is a great source of information. I know that I shall have an immense pleasure with this magnificent ZO6 ZO7. You can imagine the price of a Corvette here, compared to USA... In spite of my difficulty with English language, that I can read but with difficulty to speak the not academic specific forms, we manage because of the passion.

Save the wave !
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...9-bonjour.html
Old 07-15-2017, 08:05 PM
desmophile
Racer

Default C7 Z06/7 rear ceramic brack pads

Originally Posted by MWHITED
DESMOPHILE - Where on Amazon did you find the rear pads at the discount? Best I can find is $569 with no discount
I can't find them for $415, minus 20% at checkout, again either.
I went back and check my order, and what I stated is what the order shows, and it has shipped.
Current Amazon price I see is $538 plus $12 shipping

I have noticed that prices seem to jump around a lot on Amazon at times.
MWHITED (07-15-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 PM
LagunaSecaZ06
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

I purchased a "used" set of brake pads for 2013 ZL1 on Amazon. I couldn't figure out how they could sell used pads so I ordered them and figured I could return them. It turns out that "used "on Amazon means damaged box. They worked great. They are currently showing a used set of Z07 pads on Amazon. If I didn't just buy a set for $449 on Amazon. I would have bought them.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Sean Tex
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

To all ....... I have gather cost details on replacement OEM CCB rotors and pads and AP Racing caliper kits and consumable rotors and pads (DS1.11 race spec pads).

I have put together a comparison workbook of the two and will share it once ready. What I need form you experience drivers is what life to expect from OEM and AP Racing gear, that is how many pad changes (front & back) do the rotors last? I'm sure the rear last a good deal longer than the front.

The number of track days per set of pads would be interesting, but they are influenced by the driver and track so hard to quantify.

Greatly appreciate anything you can add, thank you all.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Sean Tex
Advanced

Hi Desmophile,
I am trying to gather from several track-day driver's some brake wear details, if you can help?

I have gather cost details on replacement OEM CCB rotors and pads and AP Racing caliper kits and consumable rotors and pads (DS1.11 race spec pads).

I have put together a comparison workbook of the two and will share it once ready. What I need form you experience drivers is what life to expect from OEM and AP Racing gear, that is how many pad changes (front & back) do the rotors last? I'm sure the rear last a good deal longer than the front.

The number of track days per set of pads would be interesting, but they are influenced by the driver and track so hard to quantify.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:04 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sean Tex
...I am trying to gather from several track-day driver's some brake wear details, if you can help?

I have gather cost details on replacement OEM CCB rotors and pads and AP Racing caliper kits and consumable rotors and pads (DS1.11 race spec pads)....
Here's a post I made where I weighed my new CCB rotors. I'm still working on my original set of rotors, but as I mention in that post, after 10 track days they still were 60 grams above the min weight stamped on the hat.

So...I'm hoping to get at least 25 track days out of front rotors, and longer than that from the rears.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ors-weigh.html

desmophile (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 04:55 PM
desmophile
Racer

Default CCB pads and rotors

Originally Posted by Sean Tex
Hi Desmophile,
I am trying to gather from several track-day driver's some brake wear details, if you can help?

I have gather cost details on replacement OEM CCB rotors and pads and AP Racing caliper kits and consumable rotors and pads (DS1.11 race spec pads).

Hi Sean Tex,
Just 4 track days, two driven by myself and two by SO Marilynn, so far, so not a lot of wear. I will get back to this thread when I discover how far I can get with the CCB rotors/pads.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Sean Tex
Advanced

Originally Posted by desmophile
Hi Sean Tex,
Just 4 track days, two driven by myself and two by SO Marilynn, so far, so not a lot of wear. I will get back to this thread when I discover how far I can get with the CCB rotors/pads.
Thanks desmophile,
I have received some good responses with very informative data.

I have been told rotors last 4 pad changes (front & rear) and rear rotors last 4 times longer than front rotors, this is what I'd like to know when you get some miles clocked?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:39 AM
tracer3030
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone run the G-loc pads?

Quick Reply: CCB front pads discontinued?? What da?