C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed Vitesse and still reduced engine power

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:18 PM
nightmel
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Removed Vitesse and still reduced engine power

2016 Z06. No mods other than Vitesse. No track days. Street time only. Okay, this would happen randomly with the Vitesse controller and all I had to do was recalibrate the Vitesse controller. Well it happened this time and I'm unable to recalibrate the controller to fix the problem. I've removed the Vitesse controller completely and this still happens. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also cannot select another Drive mode. Also is there no way to clear DTCs without an external OBD2 reader?
Old 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Look at unhooking the batt and let it sit for 15 to 30 mins. On the c7 I don't know the buttons to push on the dash on the reset pad but am sure it can be done on it are like you have said with the obd2 port.

Since you have pulled that part from the car have you unhooked the batt. If not do that like I have said & let the car totally go thur all of its reset stuff. Robert
The following users liked this post:
nightmel (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:10 PM
nightmel
Pro

Originally Posted by robert miller
Look at unhooking the batt and let it sit for 15 to 30 mins. On the c7 I don't know the buttons to push on the dash on the reset pad but am sure it can be done on it are like you have said with the obd2 port.

Since you have pulled that part from the car have you unhooked the batt. If not do that like I have said & let the car totally go thur all of its reset stuff. Robert
Thanks RM. I unhooked the battery and it seemed to work well. Hopefully it doesn't return.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nightmel
Thanks RM. I unhooked the battery and it seemed to work well. Hopefully it doesn't return.
If it does something is wrong with a computer like that. That is if you have not had the car to a tuner. 100% of the time that has something to do with the VE table in the fueling. Are anyway it did in the c5 & c6 with a bad tune. But hope for you it was that part you put on it that was are had to give the TB a bad reading... Robert
Old 05-16-2017, 08:58 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

It probably has nothing to do with the controller.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Keep the Controller unplugged and let's see if no CEL / Reduced Engine Power

If it does come back again, then you may need to have your Throttle Body sensor or Gas pedal sensor checked.

Maybe something is wrong and when you install the Controller, it amplifies the issue.
The following users liked this post:
nightmel (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:50 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports

If it does come back again, then you may need to have your Throttle Body sensor or Gas pedal sensor checked.

Maybe something is wrong and when you install the Controller, it amplifies the issue.
This is really a good thing to do to see what is going on with the car. But also with him unhooking the batt for a good 30 mins. That should make the pcm & ecm what ever if it is like the c5 & c6 do like a reboot stuff back to all stock settings.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
nightmel
Pro

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports

Thanks! I've kept the Controller removed for the past 2 days and no CEL / Reduced Engine Power has returned. It's almost like the fault codes just got stuck until I reset them. I'll try to reinstall the controller this weekend to see if they return.

I love the controller. I've had to recalibrate it a few times in the past 6-8 months, but it just wouldn't clear this time. I hope it was just the car not willing to give up the fault until it was cleared. I definitely want the controller back on.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I had an issue with my Vitesse as well. Would go into reduced power and no throttle. Unplugged it and put the factory harness back in and went away. Haven't have it plugged back in in months and haven't had a problem except now no quick throttle response.

Get notified of new replies

To Removed Vitesse and still reduced engine power

Quick Reply: Removed Vitesse and still reduced engine power