C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing wideband + boost datalogger on C7?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 03:44 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Installing wideband + boost datalogger on C7?

I've just installed a Procharger on my C7 and now I want to monitor the AFR's and Boost. I've installed these sensors on other cars, so I know the basics of what is required, but I'm hoping to get some tips and tricks for things like:

1) Where is the best place to feed the o2 sensor through?

2) Where is the best place to pick up a 12v for the datalogger where I can also stash the box? (behind the glove box maybe?)

3) Is it easy to tap into the RPM signal from the answer to (2)?

4) Can wires easily be fed through the firewall to the location of answer (2)?

I'm not going to be installing gauge pods, so I'm hoping to avoid having to pull too much of the trim apart. Instead I will most likely be using a laptop connected via serial port to the datalogger.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM
NinjamanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 102 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Get the Ngauge. Works like a charm!

Old 05-21-2017, 03:36 AM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjamanZ51
Get the Ngauge. Works like a charm!
Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't even heard of that one. In the end though I have decided to go for a Zeitronix ZT-2 setup.

I don't want gauges as I'd never look at them (too much going on on narrow UK roads), so I just wanted something that would log everything to a laptop and replay it later.

I still need to know the best place to wire it up though where I can get the o2 sensor cable into the car, pick up a 12v and get a couple of wires through the firewall for the boost sensor.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing wideband + boost datalogger on C7?

Quick Reply: Installing wideband + boost datalogger on C7?