C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Tubes & CAI Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:06 AM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Long Tubes & CAI Dyno #'s

Just curious to see if my car is in line with others on here given same year model and mods.

I have a '14 C7 and I just installed a KNN CAI and TX speed LT's with Brisk racing silvers (plugs). I drove nearly two hours that morning in which the temp was getting pretty warm with quite a bit of humidity. Car sat for 20 mins then ran on the rollers. First pull 444/458. My tuner tweaked a couple things then did another hot run yielding 447/461 thru the auto. He said there wasn't much more to gain cuz he had to get a lil bit of knock and timing out. He also claimed to richen the a/f ratio into the mid 12's somewhere.

I feel like the car needed more time on the rollers and possibly some cool off time. What do y'all think, is this of concern or are the #'s okay? He also adjusted the tranny and it seems to shift a lil better.....
Old 06-05-2017, 02:59 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Assuming the auto loses 18%, you gained 70 hp with headers, intake and tune. What are you upset about?

Also, power numbers are SAE corrected for air temp.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:31 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by village idiot
Assuming the auto loses 18%, you gained 70 hp with headers, intake and tune. What are you upset about?

Also, power numbers are SAE corrected for air temp.
I'm not upset, I was just curious if these numbers were in line with what others are making with the same mods... Thanks,
Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

if you're on 93 octane I could see those numbers. Here in az on 91 no way haha
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 06-05-2017, 06:13 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
if you're on 93 octane I could see those numbers. Here in az on 91 no way haha
I was on 91, that's all we have here in SE NM. He said that's why it was knocking a lil up top at 26*. Car feels really strong, I was surprised it felt that much better than stock with only headers and cai...
Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by George Rivera
I was on 91, that's all we have here in SE NM. He said that's why it was knocking a lil up top at 26*. Car feels really strong, I was surprised it felt that much better than stock with only headers and cai...
I don't believe your numbers then sorry. not saying you're a liar you were given a sheet.

Last edited by Cordes Performance Racing; 06-05-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:24 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

I don't believe your numbers then sorry. not saying you're a liar you were given a sheet.
I understand, some shops like to show higher numbers on their Dynojets. I'm not really a dyno numbers guy anyway.

I'll find out on Friday at the track to see what it gained. When bone stock on street radials in our 6000'+ DA, the car ran a 12.5 at 112mph back to back. Our DA due to this heat and humidity, I'm sure our air will be in mid to high 6000's as it always is...so any reduction in ET in this weather is a good thing.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

one thing to consider though is it's not always just playing with settings to get a higher number of tricking the weather station. I always post run conditions for this reason. But the big concern is some of the stuff that's done in the timing to pump up the numbers to unrealistic values by turning off the knock sensors, or deadening them so much they might as well be off. Just something to think about as I see it all.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:43 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

one thing to consider though is it's not always just playing with settings to get a higher number of tricking the weather station. I always post run conditions for this reason. But the big concern is some of the stuff that's done in the timing to pump up the numbers to unrealistic values by turning off the knock sensors, or deadening them so much they might as well be off. Just something to think about as I see it all.
Yeah that's true. The one thing I told my tuner was that I wanted a conservative and safe tune. The factory timing was kinda high for my 91 octane and was knocking a bit up top. A lil timing was pulled and the mixture was richened up a tad bit. Although the Dyno showed that it picked up 3 HP, lol, on the street it doesn't feel as strong. I would like to log it so someone else could take a look to see what it's doing throughout the run.

I took it to the track on Friday and the DA was 6800'. Car went a 12.16 and 12.14 at 115 back to back. So technically it picked up 4 full tenths with the headers and cai upgrades. Also, my 160 t-stat hasn't come in yet so the car was running at 220* in the hot and humid weather. I'm sure on a better day and with a cooler engine my car will dip into the 11's. Not too shabby for an A6 given the weather!
Old 06-11-2017, 09:35 PM
ilivas
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

12.5:1 on 91? Seems a little lean to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Long Tubes & CAI Dyno #'s

Quick Reply: Long Tubes & CAI Dyno #'s