C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base to BB Fusion Exhaust (dual mode) advice please

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Trihawk
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Base to BB Fusion Exhaust (dual mode) advice please

I am thinking of upgrade my base (non-NPP) exhaust to the BB Fusion dual mode exhaust. It uses vacuum actuators to open/close the valves. There is an on-line video of the install on a C6. It looks challenging, but I am willing to give it a try. Has anyone installed this on their C7? I can't find any videos for the C7. Is it substantially different than on the C6? Any special considerations or advice would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I am sure I want to maintain the ability to keep it "mild" at times. Many thanks!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default Here is my advise: Not know your current mods

Here is my advise: Not know your current mods, I would first install long tube headers with cats. Kooks, TSP and ARH seem to be popular. Get a dyno tune with this install. Then if you want it louder, go with a good exhaust. I would not install an NPP style of exhaust. Many people wished they saved the $1,000 and not have the NPP.
The following users liked this post:
Trihawk (06-10-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 04:45 AM
ilivas
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I need NPP, car is too loud for daily driving without it.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:27 AM
paulrichy
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I did the npp on my 06 base and wouldnt have a corvette with out it! Awesome sound open, stock sound when closed. Best of both worlds. Better than cutouts, puts the sound and exhaust out the back of the car. I went with a used ZO6 set and a mild to wild, installed for under $1000. If you go new the B&B fusion is about the same price as OEM but look to be much better quality. I have long tube 1 7/8 headers and an off road 3" x-pipe but you still get a great sound without the headers and cat delete. Go for it, you wont be disappointed.
Trihawk (06-12-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 AM
dougatl
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Trihawk
I am thinking of upgrade my base (non-NPP) exhaust to the BB Fusion dual mode exhaust. It uses vacuum actuators to open/close the valves. There is an on-line video of the install on a C6. It looks challenging, but I am willing to give it a try. Has anyone installed this on their C7? I can't find any videos for the C7. Is it substantially different than on the C6? Any special considerations or advice would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I am sure I want to maintain the ability to keep it "mild" at times. Many thanks!
can't help on install difficulty because I didn't do it myself, but yes, the Fusions are definitely an upgrade to the stock non npp or npp system and it still gives you the ability to open and close the valves. Will say on mine, though I do have headers as well, there's little difference in sound/tone driving in tour mode compared to sport and track.

doug
Trihawk (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 05:48 AM
paulrichy
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dougatl
can't help on install difficulty because I didn't do it myself, but yes, the Fusions are definitely an upgrade to the stock non npp or npp system and it still gives you the ability to open and close the valves. Will say on mine, though I do have headers as well, there's little difference in sound/tone driving in tour mode compared to sport and track.

doug
You need to add the Mild to Wild or the fuse panel switch mod that allows you to open the valves in any mode similar to cutouts.

Get notified of new replies

To Base to BB Fusion Exhaust (dual mode) advice please

Quick Reply: Base to BB Fusion Exhaust (dual mode) advice please