C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyback/Lemon-law question (direct with GM instead)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 05:46 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default Buyback/Lemon-law question (direct with GM instead)

My 2015 went into the shop May 5th because the AC quit entirely, and they kept the car until yesterday. They were waiting on parts that were back-ordered nationally.

So, after 5 weeks I pick it up, get it home, and the AC didn't last overnight, it's dead again.

It's been in for other stuff previously, but even without, I'm way over the 30 days needed for lemon law.

Problem is I just passed 24,000 miles (now at 26K), which I think invalidates lemon law!

Has anyone worked with GM directly instead of opening a lemon law claim and received any kind of support? I'd frankly just like some money to put against buying a new replacement.

I own 8 GMs, four of which are 2015 or newer. I should be a good customer, but don't know how adversarial GM is on this kind of thing. This is actually for my Escalade ESV, as the Z06 has been largely trouble-free, but thought I'd ask here because it applies equally to either car (and I'm not on any Escalade forums!)

Anyone have any advice? I may just be out of luck on the 2yr/24K part, but it's been frustrating enough that I'm hoping GM will throw me some kind of bone here...

I wrote to the "GM Priority Care" email nicely explaining the situation, but am curious if anyone's been in a similar situation.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:09 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Really? No one has been in a Lemon Law position and tried to deal with GM directly? Does everything in the US require an attorney now? :-)
Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM
RugbyRef1
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts

Dave:

No help to you at all here, but I successfully "lemon-lawed" a Ford that I had back in 1998. It wasn't an easy process as I had to have all of my ducks in a row.

As to your dilemma - I think you are correct regarding the mileage (unfortunately). I don't think you can be over 24K miles. At least that is how the Washington State Lemon Law reads to me. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Tim

Last edited by RugbyRef1; 06-12-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:24 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Well, if I'm out of luck by the letter of the law, I guess I'll just see what GM will do out of the goodness of their hearts (and me being a rather ardent GM customer). Can't hurt!

Get notified of new replies

To Buyback/Lemon-law question (direct with GM instead)

Quick Reply: Buyback/Lemon-law question (direct with GM instead)