C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range disabler light

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 11:27 AM
davanz
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Range disabler light

I have a Range Disabler, version 8.6.1 that I bought in July 2019 from Range. So it should be one of the later versions which shuts down when the car is not being driven. But I have noticed that one of the blue indicator lights stays on constantly, even after the car has been sitting in the garage for several days. I have not got down to see closely which of the four indicator lights it is yet, just have noticed it glows constantly. Easy to see in a darkened garage. Any one else noticed this on their units, or have any ideas? According to the Range website the latest versions should have all lights off when the engine is not running. I have sent an inquiry to Range, but have not had a response yet. Just wanted to know if there is any information on the forum while I am waiting on a response from Range.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:25 PM
JHundertmark
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I purchased same version V8.6R1 in September, 2019 & no lights are on after vehicle is shut down.

Good luck with yours.
The following users liked this post:
GeoGS (12-12-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

It sounds as if you have a faulty unit. I don't know how long you've waited for a response from the company, but if more than a few days, I'd be contacting them, again... by all available means. All the best!

Get notified of new replies

To Range disabler light

Quick Reply: Range disabler light