C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New low side fuel options

Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
FlatPlaneCrankDreams
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New low side fuel options

I e-mailed a couple companies that are very popular in the flex fuel kit business.

Option 1) They said they would releasing a low side kit later this week for $1200 and it should be good for 850-900hp on e85. They just released a low side kit for Gen6 Camaro.

Option 2) They said they are working on the prototype. Their other kits sell for around $1000.

Option 3) Not new but, barely spoken of. The good ol' BAP. Procharger has reported using them on gen6 Camaros. We also have a member here making 800whp with a cam, BAP and meth. He isn't sure how much the BAP actually helped, but said his tuner reported that the fuel pressure was holding steady vs before without the BAP. (Don't know the meth nozzle size).

At the current price to upgrade the low side I would probably never make the jump. Once these kits are released I would highly consider taking the plunge.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm making over 800whp with the stock low side. If I were to upgrade the low side, I would hope they are rated for a fair bit more power than that. Not a very useful jump at those numbers.

Anyone know what CPR's low side kit is good for?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM
FlatPlaneCrankDreams
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You are either not the norm or are spraying tons of meth. Also the numbers quoted are on e85. Some tuners consider spraying tons of meth acceptable and others would prefer to not be meth dependent.

Meth may also not be evenly distributed resulting in hotter cylinders.

The general consensus with the LT1 longevity at high power levels is that the rings end up butting. So being able to better control the fuel delivery with the oem system helps.

I believe CPR claims around 900whp on e85.

Last edited by FlatPlaneCrankDreams; 06-19-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Joe (CPR) did my low side and I can run full E85/Meth on my Z. He is on the forum frequently so hopefully he will chime in. I am also running an upper and lower pulley set up on mine.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

My low side will support far more than any of the high side components out there will do. I am the only low side option sold as a kit that is 100% usa fittings, highest flowing pump, and does a pre filter sock on the feed for the pump along w/ an inline filter. I truly believe we put out the absolute highest quality system out there.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 06-21-2017, 04:27 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
My low side will support far more than any of the high side components out there will do. I am the only low side option sold as a kit that is 100% usa fittings, highest flowing pump, and does a pre filter sock on the feed for the pump along w/ an inline filter. I truly believe we put out the absolute highest quality system out there.
Concur
Old 06-22-2017, 06:11 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I've seen the CPR low side, and the guys at the shop assembling them. It is extremely high quality and works very well.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
You guys looking at piggyback port solutions, since it seems hi psi injectors provide marginal benefits for guys looking to push the power envelop on E85?
Old 06-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl H
You guys looking at piggyback port solutions, since it seems hi psi injectors provide marginal benefits for guys looking to push the power envelop on E85?
we will be testing out a companies setup soon. but I still will prefer to use the larger di injectors and larger pump when it comes out.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

blows my mind that every time a new vette comes out, everyone tries to reinvent the wheel.

Im aware the HP pump by the engine is new on the c7 vettes.

What everyone ignores however, is that the feed or "low pressure" fuel pump in the driver's tank, has always been a weak link, limiting cars to no more than 700hp area (depending on what form of forced induction is being used)

The point I'm getting at is... where are all the companies supplying 2 or 3 in tank pumps with a custom hanger and independent kill switches to test each pump?

"huh?" I may as well be speaking chinese apparently...

Crickets start chipring now.

Before you assume I'm asking for something revolutionary or alien, I'm not. I personally built my own dual in tank pump hangar for the c5z which i had up to 850hp. I did this by putting 2 pumps into the stock fuel canister hanger.

Then on my c6z which was a 1000hp tt car, i installed the RSI IN TANK triple fuel pump hanger. (they figured out what i did, and mass produced it, i remember laughing to myself... it took all of 5 years for someone to finally do it correctly from the time i did it on my c5z)

(correct, 3 stock fuel pumps, warbro 255 if my memory serves me right)

Im going to call RSI tomorrow, and find out if they still make this triple hanger for the vette.

http://www.racingsolutions.com/produ...en-5-2013.html

(i think its sad, that no one has built this yet for the vette... except a bunch of viper guys... and they don't like building them for the vettes, because they say talking to the vette shops on the phone about the product is mind numbingly painful.. at least thats what they said last i talked to them when i did my c6z)

In the meantime, i do have one question for you folks that i don't yet know the answer... "is the c7 drivers tank and hanger, the exact same layout as the c6 tank?" If so, i will buy the RSI triple in tank pump hanger without thinking twice. (and my apologies for "hijacking your thread" where you are all solving the fuel systems on these cars (that question is really the only reason i even took the time to write this here, since I'm already aware everyone is going to shoot me down since i realize I'm body slamming all of your ego's right now as to how simple this all is to solve)

I had the pumps all on independent kill switches. Most of the time i would just run 1 pump. 2nd pump comes on under boost. This can be done by adding a boost actuated switch also... but i still liked having them all on independent kill/activate switches, for this reason...

i could shut down 2 of the pumps, and then id make sure the 3rd still allowed the car to idle. If the 3rd didn't allow the car to run... then the pump had gone bad. I would then run on the other 2 instead... until i lost one of those pumps. Then it was time to lower the fuel tank, and replace all 3 pumps. I would systematically test the 2 pumps i was using, every time i started the car.

NOT BEING ABLE TO TEST EACH PUMP INDEPENDENTLY BEFORE/DURING EACH DRIVE TO ENSURE BOTH WORK, IS WHAT CAUSES ENGINES TO RUN LEAN AND DESTROY THEMSELVES WHEN THE BOOST ACTUATED PUMP, FAILS.

I didn't like the pump coming on when the car was on boost, as i was still scared the boost actuator switch would fail.

I had a return line fuel system, so i would just flip 2 pumps on when i was going to be getting into it, and the rest of the time i would only run 1 pump, with the boost actuator switch there to save me if i forgot to turn on the second pump

Each pump's exit line had a built-in one way check valve. That check valve ensured that the pressure from the first pump didn't back feed through the other 2 pumps, after the 3 lines all merge at the top of the fuel pump hanger.

Realistically, i didn't need 3 pumps, but it was more cost effective to run the hangar that had the 3 pumps... because it was cheaper to buy the extra pump than to drop the tank when one of the 2 pumps fails.

Hypothetically, if the day ever came that the car needed all 3 pumps (1200+hp) then i was also already ready for it.

I have been watching for a long time... waiting to see if the big shops would ever figure this out. They never do. Its mind blowing to me honestly. its so easy to fix.

But, here we are... 2017... and the same problem that plagued everyone in the c5 and c6... well its still here with he c7. (and this isn't the first time I've explained this on this forum)

I am confident that IF the proper amount of fuel is given to the HP pump, then the HP pump will not have any issue taking a car past 900 HP with the 30%+ fuel lobe and the larger injectors that are on the market for just shy of $4000.

Further... i would run a return line on the c7... on the low pressure side. Meaning.. the HP pump would suck from a very large line (possibly even the bottom of a swirlpot) That line or swirlpot would have a line coming out the top of it which goes to a regulator... and the regulator would be set to a pretty high fuel pressure, like 72 or more.. and then the excess fuel would then go BACK to the drivers tank.

In addition, i install fuel coolers on the way back to the drivers side tank, that way the fuel is cooled down and it doesn't bubble up and cause cavitation. Seeing as to how this fuel would have never gone though the fuel rails as it did on my c5 and c6z, keeping it cool should not be an issue whatsoever.

How and why... everyone has such a problem... building a fuel system that works.. is beyond me. I always build my own, i always write this thread for each generation vette for the last 10 years... and the big shops just scratch their heads and go back to doing things sub par.

If you're going to mess with the fuel system and lower out the tanks... make it worth your while... put 3 pumps in there. And as far as drilling holes in the stock fuel tanks and putting external noisy, overheating, fuel pumps... outside the fuel tank? No thanks. Boostapumps (aka, cavitation nightmares waiting to happen and you engine blows up? No thanks. Pretending that its the HP side of the system that is limiting your HP when every vette before had the same issue with the in tank pump not going past 700hp? No thanks.

Seriously... this is sad. I know you are all smarter than this.

I have a feeling the c8 will be out, and ill be writing this again... for the 4th time...

still dealing with the viper guys, who laugh at how "complex" corvette guys think their fuel systems are.

Seriously... they laugh at you guys like you have a mental disability.
The following users liked this post:
1ccrider (07-03-2018)
Old 08-06-2017, 09:34 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

someone on the other thread informed me that this is is the "fore system" i looked it up, its close. Lacking a few essentials, but easy to solve i think.

In other words.. my vote is for rsi or fore.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:45 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Edgyvette will be using the Crawford Racing Low Side sytems CRLS to push our PTS single turbo C7Z to well over 1000whp. The car made 842/790 on full E85 but we lost low side at 5900RPM. The CRLS system is good to well over 1000whp although we will likely only push past 1000whp on stock heads/cam etc. This kit uses the highest quality components and is direct plug and play.

Edgyvette will use the CRLS to augment the current EV950 package on the car and transform into the EV1150 package.

We should have full instructions completed and have the EV1150 on the website within two weeks.

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 07-01-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:53 PM
onebad1lE
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Buy my ZR1. Pump. 20% bigger then lt4. Drop in no modifications. 300. Bucks

Get notified of new replies

To New low side fuel options

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New low side fuel options