C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgeline VX1 high road force balance #

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Forgeline VX1 high road force balance #

When I bought my 2017 Z51 in December I immediately swapped the OEM tires out with all season tires. The summer only tires sat in the garage until last month when I had them mounted on a brand new set of Forgeline VX1's and installed on the car. Didn't notice any balance issues while driving on the Forgelines.

I wasn't happy with the color of the wheels so I took them to a different shop a couple of days ago to have them powder coated in a different color. Picked the car up today and when I got up to highway speeds I noticed a very pronounced vibration throughout the car along with a pulsing feeling. Turned around and went back to the shop. Found out that they hadn't done a road force balance (even though I told them to) so asked them to do it. They came back a little while later and told me that two of the wheels were bent. I have no idea how this could've happened. Whether they were damaged during shipping, the initial installation or by the second shop that did the powder coating. Anyway, the road force balance was able to get three of the wheels under 20 lbs but the best they could do on the right rear was 50 lbs. Didn't notice any vibrations on the way home, even at 70 miles per hour.

Looking for advice on what you guys would do in this situation. Is the right rear so out of balance that I should send it back to Forgeline to see if they can repair it? Really pissed to have this happen with such an expensive set of wheels. Can't prove who did it so whatever I do will come out of my own pocket.

Quick Reply: Forgeline VX1 high road force balance #