C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crawford racing port injection

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 08:09 AM
edsc7
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crawford racing port injection

For those of you who used crawfords kit with the Holley ecu and chose to
add spark control , did you like it and how did it work ? Don’t want to risk driveability issues . It’s a m7 car mainly added it for the 2 step function
Old 02-23-2022, 10:23 PM
17WhiteGS
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by edsc7
For those of you who used crawfords kit with the Holley ecu and chose to
add spark control , did you like it and how did it work ? Don’t want to risk driveability issues . It’s a m7 car mainly added it for the 2 step function
It works great, allows you to fine tune it better as ling as your using stock coils.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:46 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

If you have an M7 I would just go with the HP. It's got 4 inputs/outputs which is plenty for secondary fuel control, boost control, oil pressure input, and more. Only drawback would be only one wideband. But you can place it in the X-pipe cross section or get a second backup wideband. The NTK wideband is the way to go also. I've come to learn one thing doing insanely complex and huge builds. It gets complicated fast. Things are harder to troubleshoot, diagnose, fix, more to remove and put back in tear downs. I absolutely would stay as simple as you can possibly go. These cars with DI and Port is already complex enough to tune, even with a tuner like Chris tuning mine. I've had mine for 3.5 years with no issues and would do it all over again, but this time I think I would go with a large Ci N/A Stroker (I track mine) vs a 416 stroker Procharged F1A-94 (mine now) or turbo or PD blower simply b/c of the issues down the line with so much complexity. I have done every mod you can possibly do and right now my engine had to be sent back to Texas Speed with less than 3k miles b/c the crank was faulty and snapped on the counter weight. Second time now I've had to pull the engine and everything out of this damn car. They've had the short block for almost 5 weeks now and no word, not even responding to my emails. Going to call them this week. Didn't want to be a naggy pain, but at the same time I spent $10k on a short block I just want what I paid for, with no faulty parts. I'm hoping they will come through and do whats right! But again it get's $$ with adding more and more complexity and **** to break.

Either way Crawford is awesome and he knows his ****. Can't go wrong with any setup he has.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:58 PM
edsc7
Intermediate

Yeah I am
going with the hp ecu, I’m going pts fab single turbo so it’ll control my boost . I do have a innovative wideband I have hooked up in the down pipe for a second reading . I spoke to Chris and I asked him if I could add 2 step through the Holley and he said I could but I’d have to add the spark control. He also mentioned if I control the spark from
the Holley I can have some built in fail safes as well. This build has been crazy . I agree if I did it over again I would just install k-techs massive na engine and call it a day haha . As far as tuning I have to find someone who can tune both ecu’s together comfortably . Im in Buffalo ny. Most tuners here prefer if I ran 3 nozzle meth , my whole
purpose with this build was to have enough fueling to stay away from meth . I should receive my Crawford kit I’d imagine within the next couple of weeks . Online says allow 4-6 weeks but idk how accurate that is and I’m on the same page as you I don’t want to nag people but I want my stuff. Hell I’m still waiting for stuff I ordered in sept haha ]
Old 02-27-2022, 08:06 PM
17WhiteGS
Burning Brakes

Yeah I am
going with the hp ecu, I’m going pts fab single turbo so it’ll control my boost . I do have a innovative wideband I have hooked up in the down pipe for a second reading . I spoke to Chris and I asked him if I could add 2 step through the Holley and he said I could but I’d have to add the spark control. He also mentioned if I control the spark from
the Holley I can have some built in fail safes as well. This build has been crazy . I agree if I did it over again I would just install k-techs massive na engine and call it a day haha . As far as tuning I have to find someone who can tune both ecu’s together comfortably . Im in Buffalo ny. Most tuners here prefer if I ran 3 nozzle meth , my whole
purpose with this build was to have enough fueling to stay away from meth . I should receive my Crawford kit I’d imagine within the next couple of weeks . Online says allow 4-6 weeks but idk how accurate that is and I’m on the same page as you I don’t want to nag people but I want my stuff. Hell I’m still waiting for stuff I ordered in sept haha ]

Ya his 30% restocking fee keeps people on that long waiting list.. lol even if you want to cancel 3 daya later hell try to hold it to you....
Old 02-27-2022, 08:43 PM
edsc7
Intermediate

I haven’t been waiting that long for his stuff
Old 02-27-2022, 09:04 PM
17WhiteGS
Burning Brakes

I haven’t been waiting that long for his stuff
Ya I know, I've talked to 3 diff peeps saying they've been waiting 3-5 months.. but I'm not here to bash, just saying. It is a very clean kit, if I wasn't going motec I'd use the one I have.

Get notified of new replies

To Crawford racing port injection

Quick Reply: Crawford racing port injection