C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 M7 MY2014 - engine failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 AM
AlesVetteC7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C7 M7 MY2014 - engine failure

Have been faced on Saturday with cluster message and reduced engine power at the 3rd lap of track day event. But gauges showed standard water and oil temperature as well as oil pressure. Message disapeared and engine power reduction went away after 1 min of slow drive. Can you advice what could be root cause for that? OBD didnīt show any failure notice.Thanks.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 AM
TJC333
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AlesVetteC7
Have been faced on Saturday with cluster message and reduced engine power at the 3rd lap of track day event. But gauges showed standard water and oil temperature as well as oil pressure. Message disapeared and engine power reduction went away after 1 min of slow drive. Can you advice what could be root cause for that? OBD didnīt show any failure notice.Thanks.

What driving mode did you have the car set to? If it was in track mode and you were pushing the car hard it could just be the nannies slowing you down by applying the brakes to protect the car. Same thing happened to me during my second session on my first track day. I thought the engine was losing power however it was just the nannies applying the brakes. The traction control light started blinking. For my next session I went into Performance Traction Management and set it to Sport 1. No more interference from the nannies.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:24 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Did the cluster message state reduced engine power? The base model (non-dry sump) will reduce power and tell you to upshift if there is sufficient sustained g loading to lead to oil starvation but this won't be an issue with Z51 or higher because these all have the dry sump system.

I suspect low fuel rail pressure would also cause this message and if the tank is low you might be running into this issue with hard turns causing intermittent loss of fuel pickup.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:47 AM
AlesVetteC7
Intermediate

Yes. It was the track mode. However, if I remind that corectly the cluster message was something like Engine Power Reduced. No traction control light blinking.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 AM
AlesVetteC7
Intermediate

My C7 Vette is wet sump. Fuel tank was full of gas.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Over heated?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 M7 MY2014 - engine failure

Quick Reply: C7 M7 MY2014 - engine failure