C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingray with inoperative windshield washer - con FUSE ion

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 09:49 PM
patentcad
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Stingray with inoperative windshield washer - con FUSE ion

So my wipers are fine and the reservoir is full of windshield washer fluid in my 2017 Stingray, but I can't spritz it when I pull the wiper lever. So I figure there must be a fuse for the windshield washer pump motor.

I found two fuses for headlamp washers (my car has headlamp washers, who knew?) and zero for the windshield washer pump.

Shouldn't there be a fuse for that in one of the fuse boxes? I couldn't find it.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:15 PM
patentcad
Drifting

The dealer replaced the washer fluid pump. I still have no idea if there is a fuse for it or why the car has fuses for headlamp washers. I will presume nobody else here cares, and who can blame them?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM
patentcad
Drifting

Originally Posted by patentcad
The dealer replaced the washer fluid pump. I still have no idea if there is a fuse for it or why the car has fuses for headlamp washers. I will presume nobody else here cares, and who can blame them?
Kudos to Healey Bros. in New Hampton NY for getting me right away and (no I am not making this up to embellish the story) HAVING THE PART IN STOCK. Amazing. Car is repaired and in my garage.

We now return you to your discussion and hand-wringing over far more impactful maintenance and modification issues.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

The headlight washers are only installed on European models as they are required by law.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:33 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,813 Likes on 2,060 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I found mention of a windshield washer pump PCB Relay in the Underhood Fuse Block. The pump is controlled by the BCM

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray with inoperative windshield washer - con FUSE ion

Quick Reply: Stingray with inoperative windshield washer - con FUSE ion