C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preferred gauge/HUD setup for track use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:51 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Default Preferred gauge/HUD setup for track use?

Been racing C5s for many years just bought a 2014 C7 Z51 that I plan to use for HPDE and instructing. I hate that track mode won't just show me all the temps in number format like touring... the gauges are not readable at a quick glance. Today I was driving the car back from cars & coffee with the HUD in track mode for the first time... I experienced the shift light which is excellent. So my proposed configuration is:

1. Gauge cluster set to override to touring mode with the info screen up. This gives you digital readings of the important metrics easily readable.

2. Car in Track mode with HUD in track mode. This gives you the bar tach with shift light and speed if you wish.

Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2017, 07:49 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

That solution should work for you. Although not helpful to you on your '14, they did fix that on the '18's and it's too bad they don't have a software update for us with older models.

I have a hard time seeing the HUD with my polarized sunglasses so I've been running the gauge cluster in Track with the tire pressures on the center display. I have the PDR and with the Cosworth toolbox software i can look up the engine parameters for each lap after the session. I'll usually check them but I've never had an overheating issue so I'm not too concerned about having them in the display and if it does overheat it will still flag a warning status. I can understand some not being comfortable with that, which then leaves the Tour setting as the best option.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Yeah I want to be able to check it on the straightaways. Plus a prominent oil pressure gauge can help save the motor.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

I run with the HUD and DIC in Track mode. I like seeing my laptimes and they’re not easy to see in the HUD (clear in the DIC). Since i know i don’t overheat, I run the tire pressures on the DIC subwindow.

I do have a dashcommand and set the key engine temps in one window and the tire pressures in a second screen. That’s really the best of all worlds since it displays in the DIC submenu.

The 2018 cars have the ideal updated DIC screen but us older model year owners are SOL on that screen.

Get notified of new replies

To Preferred gauge/HUD setup for track use?

Quick Reply: Preferred gauge/HUD setup for track use?