C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Intune3 - Warranty Block?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I don't know (and I mean that) if it matters whether it was done via HPT or SPS, what matters is the content of the flash package. So it might not matter how, just what, gets flashed.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,404 Likes on 4,218 Posts

" I was told by Diablo Tech Support in writing that: "There is no difference to the dealer whether you disable one thing, or change a bunch of stuff. But neither can be detected by the dealer using our devices"."

Diablo is always very careful to say "dealer," and not "GM." GM can very easily tell how many times the PCM has been flashed. If it's been flashed more times than their computer shows, they're going to want to know how and why.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:07 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

The current ecm in the C7 only records a new flash if it has a different CVN. You can put a stock flash in 100 times and it will only record the first flash. You can put in 50 of those flashes with different tunes and if the CVN is spoofed as the original CVN there will be no record of those flashes. Only flashes with different CVNs get recorded as a separate flash. That is why you can't use HPT or EFI to tune your car and then record over those tunes with ten stock tunes and show only the past stock tunes (current ecms only record date, time and CVN of last 10 unique flashes).
The following users liked this post:
C7/Z06 Man (03-10-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 07:21 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

What about just removing your stock ECM and putting in a replacement ECM that can be tuned. Should something big happen to the powertrain you simply plug your stock ECM back in?
Old 03-10-2018, 11:55 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
GM can very easily tell how many times the PCM has been flashed. If it's been flashed more times than their computer shows, they're going to want to know how and why.
On what do you base the assertion that GM can see an incremented flash count after it's been written with the Diablo?

That's a very strong and specific claim and a big deal if you're right, so I hope you've got something to back that claim up. I'd be choked if I was Diablo, as that's totally contrary to what they're saying as I understand it.

Is that based on internal GM knowledge? Or the microcontroller's datasheet maybe?
Old 03-10-2018, 11:56 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by B-Vette
What about just removing your stock ECM and putting in a replacement ECM that can be tuned. Should something big happen to the powertrain you simply plug your stock ECM back in?
You have to have that new PCM coded to your car by the dealer, so they'd know that much.

My dealer agreed to do so for me, but I haven't yet taken it in.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:50 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm leaning towards the DiabloSport Intune I3 for GM Platinum - 8245. Looks simple enough for a guy like me to use.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

If the inTune i3 is for you, we generally have them instock with FREE Shipping

https://www.corvettepartsandaccessor...ll/diablosport

Regards
Chip
Old 03-17-2018, 02:57 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Vette
I'm leaning towards the DiabloSport Intune I3 for GM Platinum - 8245. Looks simple enough for a guy like me to use.
Yes sir.. and I can definitely get you hooked up...

I sell the inTune i3 and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, Pricing, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Diablo Intune3 - Warranty Block?