C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:14 PM
EvilKat
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York

Hi guys. I finally made the plunge and bought a left over 2017 Z06 2LZ Black with two tone red/black suede interior. 6 miles on vehicle. I traded in my 2016 Challenger Hellcat with 8300 miles on her. Sad, she was built and quick but its been a bucket list vehicle for wife and I to have a Z06. Seemed like time was right to get her.

I will put some modifications into the Z but don't know which direction to go in. With the hellcat it was easy. Lower pulley, pin the crank, cold air kit, ARH Long Tube 2 inch headers and ARH 3 inch exhaust minus cats, new PCM, tune and voila: 801 RWHP.

But What I am looking for is a nasty cam sounding car. Miss my old LS's with big lopey cam's and big heads. But being this is a supercharged motor, is it even feasible to put a cam in? Should I just do pulleys? Kinda stinks it wouldn't be lopey but I don't want to mis-build this vehicle.

What do you guys think? I can't do everything at once. I have three car payments and a mortgage and a kid lol. Maybe start with ARH Long Tubes? I hate to tune the car just for headers when a lot of shops charge for retunes and some charge full price retunes which is crazy in itself.

I used to use J&T Auto on Long Island back in the day and I hear John over there built a premiere vette shop called JTM Motorsports. You guys ever use them?

Any other shops out there local to NY that build c7's?
Old 02-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,234 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C7 Tech.
The following users liked this post:
EvilKat (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

I was at JTM a few months ago for a dyno pull. They were professional and they have a good reputation. They are on Grand Ave in Deer Park. I will probably be back there in a few weeks for a dyno tune.
You could also try Vette Doctors in Amityville.

Last edited by BlueDevilZ51; 03-01-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:55 PM
EvilKat
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
I was at JTM a few months ago for a dyno pull. They were professional and they have a good reputation. They are on Grand Ave in Deer Park. I will probably be back there in a few weeks for a dyno tune.
You could also try Vette Doctors in Amityville.

I believe Vette Doctors moved to Florida. But if they didn't, I wouldn't deal with them anyways. Had major run-in's with Carmen who owned/owns Vette Doctors years prior. He's a real winner that guy.

As for JTM, Yeah John who owns JTM used to build my motors for me when it was J&T Auto in Huntington.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilKat
I believe Vette Doctors moved to Florida. But if they didn't, I wouldn't deal with them anyways. Had major run-in's with Carmen who owned/owns Vette Doctors years prior. He's a real winner that guy.

As for JTM, Yeah John who owns JTM used to build my motors for me when it was J&T Auto in Huntington.
Yes Carmen moved to Florida, but Dennis his old partner is still running Vette Doctors. I've heard Carmen was the tuner and Dennis is more mechanical.
I'm planning on using JTM as well..
Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

You most certainly can put a cam in there and make it lopey!

Get notified of new replies

To New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York

Quick Reply: New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York