C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running anti-gravity RS-30 battery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

It shouldn't be this hard to get modern battery technology on a highish tech C7. If it actually fits I'd buy one now.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
It shouldn't be this hard to get modern battery technology on a highish tech C7. If it actually fits I'd buy one now.
it has to do with Chevy putting all this stuff on top of the battery instead of a separately mounted fuse distribution center. So you need to deal with that from the pictures I’ve seen.

Last edited by Pacembellum; 09-03-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:29 PM
ptcohen
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fastbirds
I have a RS30 I'm going to put in my z. I will report on how it works.
I have been putting these in my cars since I first saw it last summer @ Monterey.. They are incredible... twice the cranking amperage of the stock battery , 11 lbs, and they don't discharge when the car sits like a standard lead acid battery... And the computers love the 14 volts that is constant... the car feels much crisper.. With 30 AH it overcomes all the problems of the usual race batteries.....
Old 02-01-2019, 10:40 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Braille Battery Advanced AGM Lightweight Racing Battery 11.5 lbs
$165.00

Last edited by phantom1; 02-01-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:17 PM
andersnor
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwebb
well hell. I have a c6, and didn't realize that I'd ended up in a c7 thread. Anyone know if this battery fits the c6?
wondering same
Old 05-31-2019, 05:02 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by andersnor
wondering same
Hi guys, I realize the general thread is a bit older but we just signed on as sight sponsors so I wanted to be sure to touch base with those of you who are interested or still looking for more information on using lithium as an option. So to start, the RS-30 has since been updated to our new automotive line. A big difference in these is that they now come in more options as far as OEM sizes go so we have them in an H5, H6, H7, Group 35 as well as a Group51R with possibilities of more sizes down the road. While the H6 would be the fit for the C7's the C6's have a couple different options and it's possible a Group 35 or H5 might be able to work.

Feel free to jump in on the new thread that goes into a lot more detail about the batteries, as well as using lithium or if you have questions you can always email chad@antigravitybatteries.com directly.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tteries-2.html
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (03-11-2020)
Old 06-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,207 Likes on 3,453 Posts

At THAT price it should defy the laws of physics... and, then some!
Old 06-02-2019, 02:59 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Avanti
At THAT price it should defy the laws of physics... and, then some!
Its does!!!! And "and then some" also!!!!

But to give you some facts.

1 The batteries weighs 70% less than the Lead/Acid Counter part...so that mean it weighs about 33lbs LESS than the Lead/Acid H6 size.

2- The new Battery has a DROP-IN fitment for the newer Vettes 2013 forwards..

3- This battery has WIRELESS built-in Jump Starting. Meaning you won't ever get stranded by a dead battery and can turn on the battery with the provided Wireless Keyfob.

4-This battery have full protection so you can't damage it by over-discharge... for example leaving your lights on or stereo. It puts itself to sleep with enough energy to re-start the vehicle if this happens. It called our RE-START feature.

5- It offer other protections from Short-Circuit, Over- Charger, and has balancing of the Lithium Cells inside.

6-It offer TWICE the life cycle of lead acid batteries. Lead/Acid is rated at 1000 cycles, our LIthium Cells are rated at 2000 cycles... so when you couple that with the protection from over-discharge, and the ability to be saved from having to have a tow truck or someone jump-start you then you will start to see the value.

So yes over-all it more expensive, but the value is definitely there for those who desire those features. It's not for everyone, but neither are after-market wheels, or exhausts and other high performance part. It a high performance part but people don't find a battery particularly coo, or flashy.... But when its the part that is going to get you out of an emergency, and also save more weight than any other high performance part it really starts to change the way the battery is looked at.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:37 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Why not use ATX-30 RS instead of this battery? IT also seems to have the battery protection, and has 30Ah capacity. Once the connection adapter is fabricated, fitment is not an issue, and for the price, I'd rather do so.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:48 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by X25
Why not use ATX-30 RS instead of this battery? IT also seems to have the battery protection, and has 30Ah capacity. Once the connection adapter is fabricated, fitment is not an issue, and for the price, I'd rather do so.

Well you absolutely can, but also note that on the newer Vettes, ..... as one of the prior users documented above.....he could not get it to work because the newer vette has the full IBS system attached to the Positive Terminal. Meaning there was a big plastic box attached to the Terminal which covered the RE-START Button, and also would not allow for a good connection to the positive terminal on the RS-30. So it depends on the year of the Vette. The RS-30 has a size similar to a Group 35 Battery... but any battery size can be used in any car... it just about how it fits and if its delivering the Amp Hours/Capacity you need. So for example if our battery is 30Ah or 40Ah... its all the same pack inside... just different exterior Cases to fit certain car models.

For the reasons I explain above we are going to start offering the RS-30 for the Earlier models of Cars meaning it a more economical version for the pre IBS Cars. From about I think 2013 and earlier....Because the newer IBS system, and Start/Stop systems seem to be a bit funky and work better with OEM size batteries.

IBS is the Intelligent Battery Sensor that is found on more modern Cars. Its the black box that is connected to the Pos or sometimes Neg Cables on the cars nowadays. It monitors the voltage of the battery, and charging going into the battery and then reports that information to the ECU to control the Alternator and other aspects of the cars charging to best suit what the Car needs in terms of charging and such for the battery.... all depending if you have lights or AC on or whatever. So this was starting to be main stream around 2013 but not is on most every car. But with this system and on newer Start/Stop Cars it allows the voltage of the battery to go LOWER than before before starting to charge the battery again. Its made to create less drag on the Motor and less charging so that a Car can get better gas mileage, have better emissions, and even more power because the alternator is not charging all the time.... just when needed.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

nice set up..
Old 06-04-2019, 12:24 AM
98TransAm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the atx-30 and been having issues and wont start my car anymore. Also bought the ctek charger to charge it and still nothing. How do i make a warranty claim?
Old 06-04-2019, 03:30 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 98TransAm
I have the atx-30 and been having issues and wont start my car anymore. Also bought the ctek charger to charge it and still nothing. How do i make a warranty claim?
Hi 98TransAM. You can email chad@antigravitybatteries.com directly and we can go over the details and see what we need to do to get you taken care of.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:42 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

I also just ordered ATX-30 yesterday, but for my 2013 Miata instead. Here's hoping the smaller engine and that car's archaic electrical system makes it easier : )
Old 06-05-2019, 12:26 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by X25
I also just ordered ATX-30 yesterday, but for my 2013 Miata instead. Here's hoping the smaller engine and that car's archaic electrical system makes it easier : )
Hey X25, please feel free to keep us in the loop on how things go. You can also email chad@antigravitybatteries.com if you have any questions or issues.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:58 PM
oklahoma
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

What is the OEM cold cranking spec for our c7 and how long will you be out of stock for our size cases?
Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by oklahoma
What is the OEM cold cranking spec for our c7 and how long will you be out of stock for our size cases?
With the new batteries cranking will be more than sufficient with any of the options coming in a at 1000,1200. and 1500 cranking amps. In regards to the H6 case size which would be the OEM fit for the C7's, we've just received a shipment to fulfill existing backorders in the 30Ah options so there is a slight possibility we may have a couple left once those are completed, Outside of that we are looking to receive stock by the end of the month however current importing complications may affect when we actually receive them.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running anti-gravity RS-30 battery?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:05 AM
andersnor
Racer

Did you figure out what battery would be best for C6 Z06?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:43 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by andersnor
Did you figure out what battery would be best for C6 Z06?
So the H5 can fit here on the Z06, one thing that might have to be addressed however is the mounting hold down bar(strap) if you still plan on using it as the H5 is a little bit taller than the original stock battery is.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:03 AM
andersnor
Racer

for a track car you need the hold down or you will not pass inspection, trouble with extending it is that you cannot close the lid over it.

Maybe find someone local that can test?

Quick Reply: Anyone running anti-gravity RS-30 battery?