C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running anti-gravity RS-30 battery?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 02:51 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

The direction (up/down) doesn't matter for Li-Ion batteries. Perhaps you could fit it in other ways, too. I presume the dimensions of available battery bodies are available to mock it and test. What I'd actually fear would be the battery management system. As long as you can make that work, the rest is trivial in my opinion : )

Last edited by X25; 06-14-2019 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by andersnor
for a track car you need the hold down or you will not pass inspection, trouble with extending it is that you cannot close the lid over it.

Maybe find someone local that can test?
The H5 size will fit and allow the lid to be closed. Where the issue comes up and what I've seen as a solution is still using the stock hold down(which still fits perfectly) but replacing the hold down bolts since the stock one's are just a little short. One example I've come across was someone using these
https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Help-00583-Battery-Hold/dp/B000COB3PK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=hold+down+00583&qid=1560528558&s=gateway&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Help-00583-Battery-Hold/dp/B000COB3PK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=hold+down+00583&qid=1560528558&s=gateway&sr=8-1
and then trimming them down and drilling out the bolt holes in the hold down itself to fit properly and it worked like a charm. One might be bale to find a kit where it might not even be necessary to modify the hold down itself. But again point being the battery will fit it's just finding the best way to secure it.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:24 PM
andersnor
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

changeing hold downs, cutting, threading etc is minor work and not an issue at all

Is there any way to communicate with the BMS and monitor cell status/SOC etc?

Had 10 electric cars, currently new model 3 performance and flown RC stuff.. for ages so kinda nerdy and like to know my battery state.

I notice you sell the ctek batteri tender, does it have another cutoff voltage from the regular one? also could you tell more about the BMS inside? guessing there is DC DC and some magic for cell balancing.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:02 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by andersnor
changeing hold downs, cutting, threading etc is minor work and not an issue at all

Is there any way to communicate with the BMS and monitor cell status/SOC etc?

Had 10 electric cars, currently new model 3 performance and flown RC stuff.. for ages so kinda nerdy and like to know my battery state.

I notice you sell the ctek batteri tender, does it have another cutoff voltage from the regular one? also could you tell more about the BMS inside? guessing there is DC DC and some magic for cell balancing.
So no way to communicate directly as we don't have bluetooth within the battery directly. We wanted to try and keep it as simple as we could since the BMS is pretty complex itself and it already has the built in WIRE-LESS jump Starting. But we do offer the separate Battery Tracker, and that is Bluetooth and while it will not monitor individual cells it will do quite a bit and is better overall since it is a month of monitoring actual voltage which you can view in real time, and has a Starting Test and Charging test as well. All of the information is simply delivered to an app straight on your phone and syncs up to the app whenever it comes within 30 ft of it.

There is definitely some magic built in to the BMS, but the just of it is you have your cell balancing and thermal monitoring, along with over discharge and over charge protection. The circuitry monitors and puts the battery into a sleep mode if you will in order not get damaged. So there is multiple variables and values in place in order to determine the conditions as it's not based solely on voltage but also time as factors.

But back to the tracker, you can check it out below and we make them for lead acid as well as lithium so they can essentially be for any vehicle you want to monitor and you can see up to 5 trackers in the app.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:14 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

So is there a model (RS-30, ATX-30, etc.) that you would recommend, which would work well with C7 Corvettes and their IBS system? Besides the fitment to the battery compartment, do they work at all with C7s?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by X25
So is there a model (RS-30, ATX-30, etc.) that you would recommend, which would work well with C7 Corvettes and their IBS system? Besides the fitment to the battery compartment, do they work at all with C7s?

We actually have the H6/Group 48 battery size that is the exact drop in replacement for the stock Battery on the Corvette C7. We have that in 30Ah, and 40Ah Capacites...

Then we have the much smaller sizes for Racing or serious street performanc use which alot of the Mustang Guys use... but they are not a drop-in fit.k While the newer H6/Group 48 size is the exact same battery as is in the Corvette yet 30 pounds lighter and with WIRELESS built-in Jump Starting.

YOu can see it here. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

We would also offer you a 2 month money back guarantee no questions asked if you wanted to make sure there is not issues with the IBS. We are really big on the Porsche side of things... you can check these threads below if you interested to read more...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1158389-hello-and-lithium-battery-experiences-2.html This one is a guy recently who wanted to get some reviews on our products so members replied....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/1133683-antigravity-lithium-ion-battery-latest-model-2.html General Forum post when we introduced the LATEST model with the WIRELESS BUILT-IN JUMP STARTING.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1053769-braille-lightweight-battery-install-5.html This is a great infomation thread. I explain alot about Lithium Batteries if you ever want to understand alot about them.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1063206-light-weight-battery-for-2-gt3-2.html This is the mother of all Lithium Battery threads... but 28 pages of stuff.
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (03-11-2020)
Old 09-10-2019, 08:30 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for your answers! The trial period is very enticing.

- Would you recommend 30 or 40 Ah? Considering we have the restart system, I'm not sure if we even need to get the 40 Ah model..
- Do you know the weight of stock C7 / Z06 battery?

Last edited by X25; 09-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by X25
Thanks for your answers! The trial period is very enticing.

- Would you recommend 30 or 40 Ah? Considering we have the restart system, I'm not sure if we even need to get the 40 Ah model..
- Do you know the weight of stock C7 / Z06 battery?
The stock H6/Group 48 battery averages from 45 to 46 lbs from all the Manufacturers of Lead/Acid Batteries. The H6/Group 48 size is used in many cars including most the European Cars. So it is used in alot of Cars.

Regarding 30 or 40Ah it depends on use. If your mostly doing occasional driving and don't have any other accessories like Cameras or Radar detectors or things that cause the additional parasitic drains then the 30Ah can work fine. Some Vettes have a fast parasitic drain and I heard the the On-Star can cause a heavy parasitic drain... if you have something cause extra parasitc drains the 40Ah is best. its only about 2.5 lbs difference so not to dramatic.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:35 PM
X25
Support Corvetteforum!

Alright, ordered a 40Ah unit along with the CTEK LiIon charger, using that discount. I'll keep my build thread up to date. Here's hoping it all works out!
Old 09-11-2019, 12:40 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by X25
Alright, ordered a 40Ah unit along with the CTEK LiIon charger, using that discount. I'll keep my build thread up to date. Here's hoping it all works out!

Thanks for ordering.... we don't assume anything but the best and as I stated here openly we absolutely stand behind the product and our service. Any issue or whatever let us know.

As an FYI I know there are a good number of Vette guys using our stuff, but we just started as a Vendor on this particular forum for Vette to try to get the message out that our product exists. But we are also in even more Mustangs, Vipers, and a lot of Tuner type cars... and we are biggest in the Porsche domain. So it not a NEW untested product.... we've been doing this a good while quite successfully. So we expect everything to be fine. But again any issues just return it for full refund. Keep in touch with us at scott@antigravitybatteries.com, and Chad@antigravitybatteries.com.
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (03-11-2020)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:58 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
We actually have the H6/Group 48 battery size that is the exact drop in replacement for the stock Battery on the Corvette C7. We have that in 30Ah, and 40Ah Capacites...

Then we have the much smaller sizes for Racing or serious street performanc use which alot of the Mustang Guys use... but they are not a drop-in fit.k While the newer H6/Group 48 size is the exact same battery as is in the Corvette yet 30 pounds lighter and with WIRELESS built-in Jump Starting.

YOu can see it here. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

We would also offer you a 2 month money back guarantee no questions asked if you wanted to make sure there is not issues with the IBS. We are really big on the Porsche side of things... you can check these threads below if you interested to read more...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1158389-hello-and-lithium-battery-experiences-2.html This one is a guy recently who wanted to get some reviews on our products so members replied....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/1133683-antigravity-lithium-ion-battery-latest-model-2.html General Forum post when we introduced the LATEST model with the WIRELESS BUILT-IN JUMP STARTING.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1053769-braille-lightweight-battery-install-5.html This is a great infomation thread. I explain alot about Lithium Batteries if you ever want to understand alot about them.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1063206-light-weight-battery-for-2-gt3-2.html This is the mother of all Lithium Battery threads... but 28 pages of stuff.
That's a great offer. I just got mine in. Hoping it works without an issues.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:11 PM
0Antigravity
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
That's a great offer. I just got mine in. Hoping it works without an issues.
Same holds true for you absolutely. Any issues we'll take it back with a full refund.

Last edited by Antigravity; 11-23-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone running anti-gravity RS-30 battery?